PDA

View Full Version : double save fsod rumor

Angarwaen
Feb 2, 2003, 04:42 PM
I've been hearing a rumor that if two people try to join the fourth spot on a team at the same time that it will cause whoever ends up in the team to freeze during the double save. I asked everyone who I know personally that has been corrupted (3 people) if they were the fourth person in the team and all answers were yes. I myself have not had my card corrupted, and I don't know if this is true or not. This could be somthing (or one of many things) that causes fsod during the double save.

Anyone here who has been corrupted, were you the fourth person joining a team?

Like I said, I don't know if this is true, I am just trying to be helpful.

BlankTK
Feb 2, 2003, 04:54 PM
I hope this is true. If it is then 2-3 player locked games would be perfectly safe.

Kanore
Feb 2, 2003, 04:54 PM
Nice theory. *waits for an answer*

thewiredknight
Feb 2, 2003, 05:30 PM
That was true before the double save. FSOD was caused by the collision of users since the Gamecube doesn't know what to do when a game becomes full while trying to load, this is particularly common to 56k users who take longer to connect. As for the double save, no one really knows why that's causing the more frequent FSOD.

BlankTK
Feb 2, 2003, 05:42 PM
Actually the amount of FSOD might not have gone up, just the consequences of it might have gone up. Not sure though.