PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher.

Blue-Hawk
Oct 12, 2008, 05:48 PM
After getting The Witcher- Enhanced Edition last week and finally getting done with chapter 1, DAMN that boss got annoying >_< , I just have to point this little gem out to you all.

Now I know some of you might be a little young for some of the content, seeing as how it;a rated M and all (but when has that stopped any of you before? :P ). Language, violence, great story, inovative battle engine using multiple sword styles (and you HAVE to use them all or you won;t win some fights) as well as beautiful graphics and sone of the best character models I've seen on a pc game. And it has children running around in it as well. Children and old people. Two things mission from recent RPG worlds these days. Kind of feels like a living world, even though it's not.

Now, if you aren't familiar with the series, it's about a man named Geralt and he's a member of a dwindling group of special hunters called Witchers. Actually, to make some fanboys happy, he looks like a Sephiroth clone without the black outfits and whiney, soppy, wussy personality. Their base gets raided by another faction and there starts the story at hand. I won't say too much else.

Enhanced Edition only means that it's got all the lastest patches, except for a blood patch due to an accidental removal of blood during release. :P Also comes with the Djini level editor, something you modders will all love and 2 extra short campaigns (I have yet to try those).

All in all, I'm just reccomending the game to all you pc gamers that are looking for a good offline RPG, since Fallout 3 isn't out for another couple of weeks.

Scrub
Oct 12, 2008, 10:44 PM
I am both happy to hear of someone's approval of the game and immensely enraged that you think he looks like a "Sephiroth clone," but on the pretense that I don't want to be banned I'll ignore the last part.

This game really is Game of the fucking Century. So much fucking backstory to unlock on all the monsters and characters, so many subquests(optional, most of them) to keep you entertained for many hours, awesome characters, REAL MORALLY AMBIGUOUS CHOICES(God I can not stress this enough, it's actually really hard to determine what's 'right and wrong' in this game), an awesome Alchemy system, superb voice acting, great story, this game really has it all. If you have an up to date PC and you HAVEN'T played this game yet you're a moron GO GET IT NOW ESPECIALLY WITH THE ENHANCED EDITION GODDAMN.

Ayures
Oct 13, 2008, 01:08 AM
Eh, I downloaded the demo when it came out, but I wasn't really impressed by it. Combat felt awkward, alchemy was annoying, and the character design irked me.
I might give it another try after my PSU account expires.

Outrider
Oct 13, 2008, 01:03 PM
I haven't played it, but it certainly looks interesting. My understanding is that it was based on the Neverwinter Nights engine (a game I enjoy for many reasons). How similar are the two games in regards to gameplay? The Witcher is more action-based, right?

Funny bit of trivia: I used to work with one of the women who wrote the game.