PDA

View Full Version : PS0 or PSZ, which one should be used and why?

the_importer_
Oct 13, 2008, 06:30 PM
For me PS0 because:

1- It kind of reminds me of PSO
2- PSZ reminds me of an overrated Anime >_>

Saphion
Oct 13, 2008, 06:33 PM
I think the developers said in an interview they intended it to be 'PS0' so it would remind people of 'PSO', but I think they actually meant 'PSи'. Much less confusing.

the_importer_
Oct 13, 2008, 06:43 PM
I think the developers said in an interview they intended it to be 'PS0' so it would remind people of 'PSO', but I think they actually meant 'PSи'. Much less confusing.

PSи is indeed much better :)

Gemel
Oct 13, 2008, 06:44 PM
I'm with both of you, I like PS0 more because it reminds me of PSO xD

I would say PSи but I don't know how to make the O with the line through it.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 13, 2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah 'PSи' appears to be the official logo, however it'll be a pain finding that и everytime I wanna say the name. I'll just call it PSZero probably. A normal 0 looks too much like an O...

Niered
Oct 13, 2008, 07:10 PM
Im just gonna go right ahead calling it PSZ, because this is trivial.

Shiroyu
Oct 13, 2008, 07:20 PM
I think either one should be feasible, like how it doesn't matter if you use either roman numerals or numbers for Final Fantasy numbers.

Personally though, I'll use PS0.

Edit: Wow, yeah, PSи is cooler.

Vanzazikon
Oct 13, 2008, 08:06 PM
O.o how did you make that zero with the line in it? Until I learn how to do that, I'm stuck calling it PSZ.

the_importer_
Oct 13, 2008, 08:18 PM
In order to make that и, you need to hold Alt on your keyboard and press 0, 2, 1, 6 on your Numpad:

Hold Alt, 0, 2, 1, 6 = и

Kent
Oct 13, 2008, 08:22 PM
In order to make that и, you need to hold Alt on your keyboard and press 0, 2, 1, 6 on your Numpad:

Hold Alt, 0, 2, 1, 6 = и
Likewise, if you're using a keyboard set to English (International), you can use the key combo of Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L.

Vanzazikon
Oct 13, 2008, 08:27 PM
Okay, never mind, thats too much button to press just to get one letter. I'll stick with PSZ. :D

ShadowInferno119
Oct 13, 2008, 08:43 PM
Okay, never mind, thats too much button to press just to get one letter. I'll stick with PSZ. :D
lol, haha, nice one. But yeah I like PS0 Because i'm sure the developers did it like that on purpose, Since they mentioned it. I guess they like to put a play on words, like PSP, for the PSP.

And yeah PSи looks the best. I was wondering what the Alt command for that was. Now I know ^.^

the_importer_
Oct 13, 2008, 08:50 PM
lol, haha, nice one. But yeah I like PS0 Because i'm sure the developers did it like that on purpose, Since they mentioned it. I guess they like to put a play on words, like PSP, for the PSP.

And yeah PSи looks the best. I was wondering what the Alt command for that was. Now I know ^.^

Google is your friend :)

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html

ShadowInferno119
Oct 13, 2008, 09:05 PM
Google is your friend :)

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html
lol ty, PSΩ ftw. Omega ^.^

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 13, 2008, 11:21 PM
PSZ just came natural to me since the "0" has confused some. :/ plus wow! didnt know this "и" existed!

PSи! PSи!! PSи!!! :P

Aumi
Oct 14, 2008, 04:57 PM
Good for me that I'm living in Denmark. и is from Scandinavian languages, so I have it on my keyboard. It's pronounced similarly to Germany's ж.
:D PSи! NO MORE CONFUSION! PHANTASY STAR и! :D

SubstanceD
Oct 15, 2008, 05:37 AM

Same here.

DarK-SuN
Oct 15, 2008, 11:22 AM
I usually use PSZ to make sure no one confuses it with PSO, but PSи definitely looks better.

Aeternus
Oct 15, 2008, 11:54 AM
at least its better than PSP on the PSP huh

Shiroyu
Oct 15, 2008, 11:58 AM
at least its better than PSP on the PSP huh

I think they're doing this on purpose.

Seority
Oct 15, 2008, 01:55 PM
Both? Cuz they both rиckzor

Aumi
Oct 15, 2008, 02:06 PM
RиXXиRZ!!! xD

TalHex
Oct 15, 2008, 02:15 PM
PSZ, cuz words and acronyms with 'z' are awesome... yeah... that or i was thinking of calling it PSNull

Frokko
Oct 15, 2008, 02:20 PM
I was thinking of calling it PS12+4-16, but PSи does also work. :P

Akaimizu
Oct 15, 2008, 04:48 PM
Either one sounds like a heavily overused Japanese cliche. However, the only issue with PS0 is that it looks too close to PSO. It definitely makes things a little hard to read, at times. I mean, I could be talking about PS0 and then someone jumps in talking about PSO; then we'd get lost or misinterpreted in the conversation.

Nuclearranger
Oct 15, 2008, 11:34 PM
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииии

Should be enough и's for people to share n.n

Shiroyu
Oct 16, 2008, 01:04 AM
I still can't get over how awesome и is.

и!

Aumi
Oct 16, 2008, 11:09 AM
Just a bit weird for me, because и is normally pronounced like a mix between O and E (like in eh). But anyway, it looks better and is less confusing.

Akaimizu
Oct 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
It's a pretty good idea. Though I have to admit that it's a little inconvenient that I have to cut and paste и everytime I want to use it. But it's a workable solution. Woe to me if I have to *start* a PSи topic. I'll probably just let someone else start one and steal their и from them. :) That or search for this topic again.

the_importer_
Oct 16, 2008, 11:25 AM
It's a pretty good idea. Though I have to admit that it's a little inconvenient that I have to cut and paste и everytime I want to use it. But it's a workable solution. Woe to me if I have to *start* a PSи topic. I'll probably just let someone else start one and steal their и from them. :) That or search for this topic again.

I wrote how do do one in this topic, scroll up.

Akaimizu
Oct 16, 2008, 11:33 AM
I gotcha. It's a strange pattern to type, but I can reproduce it.

Typing it kind of feels like trying to enter some secret code in a videogame, or a Mortal Kombat fatality.

typing: PS *Finish it!!!* и.

(In Shang Tsung voice) Phantasy Star.............Phatality....

Kind of rolls off the tongue.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 16, 2008, 02:25 PM
I gotcha. It's a strange pattern to type, but I can reproduce it.

Typing it kind of feels like trying to enter some secret code in a videogame, or a Mortal Kombat fatality.

typing: PS *Finish it!!!* и.

(In Shang Tsung voice) Phantasy Star.............Phatality....

Kind of rolls off the tongue.

LOL Funniest thing I heard. I can just imagine after typing PS, you have the MK music as you get focus and type alt+0216 real quick. Nice lol!

Dragwind
Oct 16, 2008, 04:07 PM
I'll be sticking with PSZ personally. ;o

Akaimizu
Oct 16, 2008, 04:52 PM
Suit yourself. But the title "Phantasy Star - Fatality Code" sounds pretty kick-butt to me.

Though I have to admit, that would make Phantasy Star sound very much like a typical Hollywood Thriller.

Famous Movie guy voice.
"You thought you knew Phantasy Star."
(scary sounds and shrieking violin strings)
"You thought wrong!!!"

voice: "Oh my god! What happening????"
Another voice: "We'll pull together. I just know it."
voice 3: "Hmph!! Bleeding Optimists!!!"

voice of typical doom sayer: "It's happened before. The darkness rises from the depths to cleanse life as we know it. I've seen the future! Beware the NOL!"

young voice: "Who's NOL?"

Music picks up.

"In a world that once knew peace. An ancient terror begins anew."

Quick scenes of claws, a part of a monstrous mouth, and hand sticking out of ice that might belong to a corpse.

"But the enemy is in many places."

A small voice: "Do you really mean there's people who wish this to happen?"

A Ramarl whips out a laser cannon: "Heh heh. I'll show you where your lasers are at, coach!!!" (Every action/suspense/thriller movie preview, these days, needs an obligatory internet reference.)

a human voice: "Whew! Thanks..... thought I was a goner."
A cast voice replies: "I've accomplished my mission. Returning to base."

A male newman voice: "Prepare to eat Rafoie you big piece of -"

*A big fireball explosion rocks the screen before the sentence is finished, in true Movie preview cliche.*

*As the screen clears for the title* "Phantasy Star.......Fatality Code! In theaters this March!"

Evil male voice: "Your dependance on Casts to help you... is so horribly misplaced, my friends."

Leviathan
Oct 16, 2008, 05:58 PM
PS0 looks to much like PSO.

PSZ for me. ;P

Aumi
Oct 16, 2008, 08:37 PM
Suit yourself. But the title "Phantasy Star - Fatality Code" sounds pretty kick-butt to me.

Though I have to admit, that would make Phantasy Star sound very much like a typical Hollywood Thriller.

Famous Movie guy voice.
"You thought you knew Phantasy Star."
(scary sounds and shrieking violin strings)
"You thought wrong!!!"

voice: "Oh my god! What happening????"
Another voice: "We'll pull together. I just know it."
voice 3: "Hmph!! Bleeding Optimists!!!"

voice of typical doom sayer: "It's happened before. The darkness rises from the depths to cleanse life as we know it. I've seen the future! Beware the NOL!"

young voice: "Who's NOL?"

Music picks up.

"In a world that once knew peace. An ancient terror begins anew."

Quick scenes of claws, a part of a monstrous mouth, and hand sticking out of ice that might belong to a corpse.

"But the enemy is in many places."

A small voice: "Do you really mean there's people who wish this to happen?"

A Ramarl whips out a laser cannon: "Heh heh. I'll show you where your lasers are at, coach!!!" (Every action/suspense/thriller movie preview, these days, needs an obligatory internet reference.)

a human voice: "Whew! Thanks..... thought I was a goner."
A cast voice replies: "I've accomplished my mission. Returning to base."

A male newman voice: "Prepare to eat Rafoie you big piece of -"

*A big fireball explosion rocks the screen before the sentence is finished, in true Movie preview cliche.*

*As the screen clears for the title* "Phantasy Star.......Fatality Code! In theaters this March!"

Evil male voice: "Your dependance on Casts to help you... is so horribly misplaced, my friends."

Nice, love this! xD PSи! :beer: