PDA

View Full Version : Stronger Sword?

Lance813
Oct 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
Which is stronger?

A fully ground Chain Sawd, or a fully ground Zanba?

The Chain Sawd's max grind is +15 (I believe)

And the Zanba's is +38

I'm too lazy to do the math... Thanks in advanced.

TheOneHero
Oct 14, 2008, 03:55 PM
In terms of ATP bonus, Chain Sawd is stronger.

Zanba Page. (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=516&sortby=name) Chain Sawd page. (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=87&sortby=name)

Nitro Vordex
Oct 14, 2008, 04:19 PM
Though, swords themselves really aren't that great without a speed bonus, such as Heavenly/Battle.

TheOneHero
Oct 14, 2008, 04:22 PM
Though, swords themselves really aren't that great without a speed bonus, such as Overpowered/Battle.

You kids and your BB. :disapprove:

Jaspaller
Oct 14, 2008, 04:28 PM
Chainsawd seems to have higher ATP if you compare them both with and without grinds. The zanba has an utterly destructive special though (Berserk) which can easily outdo the damage of a Chainsawd

Nitro Vordex
Oct 14, 2008, 04:54 PM
You kids and your BB. :disapprove:
Have fun with your General/Unnoticable.

Besides, the partisan is faster and I think better. Though it is weaker. ._.

Rob19
Oct 14, 2008, 10:27 PM
Have fun with your General/Unnoticable.

Besides, the partisan is faster and I think better. Though it is weaker. ._.

Its called God/Battle if you didn't notice, before BB went all NEW/"BETTER" ITEMZ CUM PLAI GAIZ.

>>

darkante
Oct 14, 2008, 11:09 PM
Its called God/Battle if you didn't notice, before BB went all NEW/"BETTER" ITEMZ CUM PLAI GAIZ.

>>

V101 unit? Yesh agreed, very overkill...me liky it though. XP

Splash
Oct 15, 2008, 12:11 AM
lolz at BB and unbalanced items.

God/Battle is a must though for non-BB versions.

Anyways, on-topic: Chain Sawd does better than Zanba in normal and hard attacks. But a hit Zanba using the Berserk special does better than Chain Sawd.

Magus_84
Oct 15, 2008, 07:15 AM
The truly ironic thing in all this is that, despite all the "WHOAMG BB IS TEH UNBALANCED" baawing that goes on...Heavenly/Battle actually makes it harder to complete Sword combos safely in Ultimate.

It's to the point of almost being too fast. You end up having to start your combo at the absolute maximum range of the sword to be able to complete the first two hits in time to dodge the counterattack.

Compared to God/Battle, where you can just nub your way through with N/H combos without having to worry about positioning. Which is what most competent Sword users do anyway.

And Splash's explanation covers the important points pretty well.

Lance813
Oct 16, 2008, 02:07 PM
Alright thanks!

I was wondering if i should start up a Zanba hunt on my skyly. I'll wait until i get a higher lvl though.

Vanzazikon
Oct 16, 2008, 03:36 PM
Don't forget God/Arms. :D Especiallly for HUcasts using swords, I hate it when only the last attack being a hard attack can be the only one to actually make a hit.

Splash
Oct 16, 2008, 07:38 PM
On the other hand, you wouldn't need any God/Arms if the sword had a high amount of hit on it.

RAmar Lv.200
Oct 19, 2008, 08:25 PM
True.

Vanzazikon
Oct 20, 2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah, but the chances of that is very slim. I still can't find a Chainsawd with a decent amount of hit percentage to make it hit all the times.

Lance813
Oct 20, 2008, 02:16 PM
Well i do have a God/Arm, so after I lvl up I'll go after a Zanba.