PDA

View Full Version : AotI Are these bullet PAs worth getting/leveling for future GM???

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 15, 2008, 06:23 PM
Yea I'm working on getting all my elementsl bullets to 31+ now but it notice the other PAs. I've never used them but i'll name them,what they do(just incase u dont kno what it does), and show my opinion.
If there useful,let me kno or show an example of its uses.

Rifles:
Killer Shot-incapacitation(already have) Just great all together
Mayalee Shot-Inflicts Sleep That would be useful in some situations IMO

Shotguns:
Barada Chamga- Inflict Charm (Not sure) I guess if you was leveling somethin or had a fighter in the party.(Jabroga for example)
Barada Maga-Inflicts EVP/ATA down This would be execellent for if your soloing.

Lasers:
Phantasm Prism-Inflicts Sleep, causes Knockback effect. I dont know.....
Mayalee Prism- Blow away (Knockback) Seems good but isnt the same as Phantasm???

Twin Handguns:
Twin Penetration-Hits all targets in a line. Its like a faster laser ^_^
Twin Mayalee-Inflicts DFP down (Same as Barada Maga)

Magus_84
Oct 15, 2008, 06:39 PM
Of those, I'd only recommend Killer Shot. The rest are rather outclassed by the awesome stats of the elemental bullets at 41+.

Maybe Twin Mayalee and Barada Maga could have some slight niche use, but the element and ATP percentages of the elementals will generally make them worth more than a slight debuff.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 15, 2008, 06:44 PM
I'd say Killer Shot, and Twin Penetration. (That one is fun. :wacko:)

fay
Oct 15, 2008, 06:47 PM
personally iv only planned on using the elemental bullets.
iv seriously considered twin maylee though. you coulod attatch that to one gun and once its def id down switch to the next one and blow em to bits

barada maga seems ncie but as a female cast i dont realy miss much anyway and i stay at range so atc doesnt effect me much.

killer shot i know everyone uses so i have considered it aswell but i dunno. the pp cost just seems so much. the real problem im having with it is that by the time the incapitate effect works the enemy could be dead already with using a high leveled elemental bullet :/

i dont use lazers because i dont like them. twin penetration works nice here instead :D

Sexy_Raine
Oct 15, 2008, 06:50 PM
Killer Shot- Yes, definitely get it to 40.
Mayalee Shot- Not really worth leveling IMO. If ST decides to give it a double-hit property like Mayalee Hit, then it would be awesome. Right now it's pretty useless vs. elemental rifles.

Never tried the Fragment shotgun PA's. Someone else can answer this.

Mayalee Prism- Yes, it's worth having but not worth level grinding it. Probably getsno difference at lv41+ except for higher pp cost.
Phantasm- Don't really need it IMO.

Twin Penetration- No, isn't that great IMO.
Twin Mayalee- Yes, get this one. The Zalure effect works on pretty much everything except bosses. Twins over Grenades was a shitty choice for Gunmaster, and this is the only Twins PA worth having for this class.

Hope this helps.

Tetsaru
Oct 15, 2008, 07:01 PM
The only ultimate PA out of that list that I think is worth it would be Killer Shot, for obvious reasons. My reasons for NOT using the others:

1 - Neutral element bullets are pointless, especially if you've got your elemental ones. Stick to those instead - you'll do more damage vs. the opposite-element enemy, as well as inflict more useful status effects. You can always switch elements on the fly, or equip multiples of the same weapon, but with different elements, whenever necessary.

2 - The ultimate bullet PA's already have high PP costs. Add in the extra PP costs and higher attack speed of GM itself, and you'll be draining your weapons quickly.

3 - Many of the ultimate bullets' applications are VERY situational.

Some more specific reasons:

- Frozen Shot is easily much more useful than Mayalee Shot in terms of disabling enemies. If you're using Mayalee Shot continuously, once you put something to sleep, that next shot will just wake it back up. Given a rifle's firing rate and GM's accuracy, this will occur quite often. Freeze > Sleep. Same thing with Phantasm Prism (which does NOT cause knockback, afaik).

- Barada Maga and Twin Mayalee aren't very useful because, quite simply, no one uses debuffs anymore. Currently, enemies die off too quickly to really need them. Stat-wise, I guess they're ok; I know Barada Maga actually gets OVER 100% for its accuracy modifier.

- Barada Chamga... honestly, I've never leveled this, but usually having a bunch of enemies ganging up on a gunner is a bad thing. I've heard some people use it to group enemies together better for using lasers, but really, couldn't you achieve the same thing with a confusion effect (Rising Prism, for example) and not risk getting mauled?

- Mayalee Prism has a few useful applications, but if you want to knock something down, it's a lot easier to use a Lv31+ rifle bullet, imo. Mayalee Prism has half the range of a normal laser bullet too, making it rather impractical.

- Twin Penetration (lol)... another one I haven't tried, but I honestly don't see the point - just use a laser. Most experienced gunners will tell you that twin handguns are generally weaker than other guns, and should only be used for evasive and mobile purposes. I prefer crossbows + a melee weapon over twin handguns myself, but unfortunately, you don't have that option as a GM.

Unless some new, USEFUL gun PA's come out anytime soon (which I highly doubt), just stick with the elemental ones. Level them up sufficiently, and they will serve you well. :3

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 15, 2008, 07:16 PM
Killer Shot- Yes, definitely get it to 40.

Can someone tell me the "purpose" of killer shot. I have mine to 26. Everytime i ask someone,they say there isnt a point power level it to 40 since the status effect is the same from 21-30 and 31-40.

Exactly what monster is it most effective on??? I've only used on it on machines

Tetsaru
Oct 15, 2008, 07:23 PM
Can someone tell me the "purpose" of killer shot. I have mine to 26. Everytime i ask someone,they say there isnt a point power level it to 40 since the status effect is the same from 21-30 and 31-40.

Exactly what monster is it most effective on??? I've only used on it on machines

You're right - those robots you see in places like Grove of Fanatics, Desert Goliath, and the train level are the best targets to use KS on. Some people like to use it on other enemies, like Komazlis, but I just use it on robots.

I've only gotten my KS to Lv30 so far, and I've heard that, although it doesn't get any stronger SE level wise, it still grows in accuracy, meaning that you're more likely to inflict the incapacitation effect.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 15, 2008, 07:41 PM
You're right - those robots you see in places like Grove of Fanatics, Desert Goliath, and the train level are the best targets to use KS on. Some people like to use it on other enemies, like Komazlis, but I just use it on robots.

I've only gotten my KS to Lv30 so far, and I've heard that, although it doesn't get any stronger SE level wise, it still grows in accuracy, meaning that you're more likely to inflict the incapacitation effect.

Didn't the main site say (When we got the original AOI changes) that Killer Shot gets a lowered PP cost at 31?

biggabertha
Oct 15, 2008, 07:47 PM
Speaking for the Lasers:

Mayalee Prism has it's uses in support - if only Gunmaster was support at all. The 63% accuracy modifier really hurts. Not only that, what's the point in blasting everything away from you? In those situations, you should be using a Shotgun because the enemies are actually close enough for point-blanking and if the enemies are close enough, then double-shotting.

You don't actually need the higher accuracy from Phantasm Prism. I've noticed though, that Phantasm Prism flinches enemies for a tiny bit longer than the elemental prisms. Also, the times when you do go against neutral enemies that are susceptible to falling close together, Shotgun is likely going to win out here just because every neutral enemy I know of, always knows how to roll out of the way...

Barada Maga has 140% accuracy at Lv. 40 and I'm assuming it'll continue in it's trend of gaining 1% accuracy a level until Lv. 50 where it'll have 150% accuracy. Nice stats but.... the elemental bullets are half the cost AND deal the same amount of damage. It'll probably be better against evasive Neutral enemies but I think any of the elemental ones would do nicely.

Barada Chamga can't double shot, so it's not really worth it for a Gunmaster that focuses on killing enemies - leave the support for Protransers and Guntechers.

Killer Shot is a must. I used to run Grove of Fanatics S2 without it and spent around 40-50 minutes on it as a Protranser. With my Fortegunner, he chopped that time down to a measly 15 minutes. That was way back as well, when Killer Shot was only Lv. 20.

Killer Shot gains accuracy between Lv. 30 and Lv. 40 which is useful.

Mayalee Shot's nice on neutral bosses but err... Burning Shot, Grav Shot and Dark Shot would probably do the same job here. The accuracy boost in Mayalee Shot though, is amazing but not glaringly noticeable on the high accuracy Rifles.

Twin Penetration just seems so lame compared to Lv. 40 Laser Cannon Prisms - I'm comparing it to Phantasm Prism too, just because it's neutral. It's not fair for a Neutral bullet with what? 110% attack modifier to square up against a 240% attack modifier Laser Cannon? THat and Phantasm Prism actually has an SE too...

Twin Penetration just gets mauled for damage when you factor in elemental Laser prisms. 50% elemental attribute? I don't care what firing rate you have on Twin Handguns or how mobile you are, Elemental Laser Cannon Prisms at Lv. 50 will just deal a ridiculous amount of damage.

I mean, I deal 1200s with the proper element on my Protranser with Lv. 40 elemental Prisms. I probably only deal like, 400s with Twin Penetration on my Fortegunner per bullet.

(Hitting five enemies with a Laser Cannon like that gives a damage 6000 damage, hitting five enemies with Twin Penetration otherwise (for the benefit of the doubt, I'll account for four shots) gives 4000 damage.. (400 x 2 for one press of a button for 800 damage then hitting five targets = 4000 damage...))

Yeah, not so powerful.

Twin Mayalee seems lame because you can't Zalure bosses and if you could, it'd probably have some use then because Shotguns would kinda like it but it's not necessary.

You can though, just level them all up if you have the time. There's only four weapons and eight PAs for each - you'll even have four slots open!!

Tetsaru
Oct 15, 2008, 08:15 PM
Didn't the main site say (When we got the original AOI changes) that Killer Shot gets a lowered PP cost at 31?

Hmm... I recall hearing something about that... I'll have to look into that.

mvffin
Oct 16, 2008, 12:02 AM
my KS level 25 and my friends KS level 31 cost the same PP.

Hrith
Oct 16, 2008, 12:55 AM
KS has the same PP cost from 21 to 50 (not counting class changes).

It's also the only good PA from that list.

Dakkon
Oct 16, 2008, 04:47 AM
Mayalee Prism is an useful, utility bullet, in, I admite, a limited number of situations, but specially since Gunmaster doesn't have a Grenade Launcher and its effect is so unique from the Laser bullets, it gives the weapon a new dimension.

I know that as a Gunmaster you can rock everything in this game with just the regular bullets from Rifle, Laser and Shotgun, and don't "need" ANYTHING besides those 18, but to spice that up adding a bit variation (and to avoid ending up being as boring as a FF that only uses MajarraJabrogaChikki), I leveled my Mayalee Prism to 40 (amongst other underdog choices like the inferior Twin Handguns 8 bullets) and plan to keep using it as Gunmaster to 50. Which are those uses you may ask, well, limited as I said, but still enjoyable to me:

¬Worm mass shut down: Bul Buna, Goshin.

¬"Motocow" spawn control: Sendillan & Orcdillan, as they aren't thrown away but instead down in place.

¬Annoyance cornering a la 'nade: With skill enough, in a matter of seconds you can put rolling against a wall and in constant damage whole groups of annoying enemies, from good old Gaozoran cornering to the new and more dangerous Magashis, amongst humanoid casters like Olgohmons and Vanda Merha, Tengohg & Jusnagun big batstards in multiples, and even robots abusing some of the tight walls and doors of temple/train/seabed.

stukasa
Oct 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
Killer Shot is the only good PA on that list. There a couple other situational ones, but for the most part you're better off spending your time leveling the normal elemental bullets.

Malayee Prism - There might be a couple situations where this would be helpful but you should focus on leveling your elemental lasers first because they have a ridiculously high elemental % at higher levels.

Phantasm Prism - This isn't worth getting now that elemental lasers have such a high elemental %.

Barada Chamga - I have this at 21+ and it's fun to use but I hardly use it because it's just not necessary. Shotguns are a damage weapon and you'd do more damage with normal elemental bullets.

Twin Mayalee - I hardly ever use this now that enemies die so fast. If you solo a lot or you're fighting a tough enemy you can use this to debuff them, but in AoI it's really not as good as it used to be.

C457 24N632
Oct 16, 2008, 10:54 PM
Killer Shot
Invaluable. I'm sorry, but if you don't have this at 40 then you're not a true Ranger...

Mayalee Shot
Absolutely the most useless bullet in the game. I will elaborate. 1) It doesn't knock enemies down, 2) It does very low neutral damage, 3) It costs more PP than a regular bullet, 4) Enemies wake up from sleep when hit, so even if you manage to get in a sleep, chances are that there's another bullet already on its way to the target... whaddya know, he woke up.

Barada Chamga
The draw for Chamga is that it uses a normal amount of PP and does decent neutral damage. So, if you're in a mission full of varying enemy flavors, you need only one Shotgun with one bullet. Understand...?

Barada Maga
This one is not so useful. I personally don't see the advantage of a Zodeel bullet for a Ranger. The only application I have for it is when playing GT -- Jellen & Zalure on a tech-mag, Zodeel on the shotgun. Oh yes, I'm good!

Phantasm Prism
This one is better than it seems. I may just be imagining it, but enemies seem to get staggered a bit more than with a normal Laser bullet making it slightly easier to hold oncomming hordes back (probably just the Sleep). It inflicts Sleep which binds enemies kinda like Freeze. On this note, at Lv40 Phantasm does 220% damage -- now compared to Riga's 215%, it means that off-flavor enemies take 5% more damage + Sleep from Phantasm, for just a bit more PP per shot. Admittedly Freeze is a better SE, but basically Phantasm is the "Freeze" you use against Ice enemies and/or anything that isn't Fire. The higher Phantasm accuracy isn't really a factor at Lv140.

Mayalee Prism
This is BS. Basically Mayalee is for GTs to make up for the fact that they don't have a G-Launcher to toss enemies around with when bored. Short range, high PP, not very usefull at all. However, if you look ahead to Gunmaster, he aint got no G-Launcher either...

Twin Penetration
Junk. Satistically and through application. This is for Fighgunners.

Twin Mayalee
At Lv31, each & every one of the regular bullets will outperform Mayalee Lv40 in every way. This coupled with the fact that Mayalee uses more PP and inflicts a pitiful Lv2 Zaulre, there's really no point in leveling it unless it's going to be your only Twin bullet. I highly advise against that. Oh... for informational purposes, enemies that use Megistar can have their DFP knocked down quite well with this actually. About 100pts damage difference.

NDW
Oct 19, 2008, 09:36 AM

I don't remember, but would be nice to have that in effect.

In my opinion, Killer Shot is the only ultimate PA that you will need as a FG/GM.

Off-topic: I have heard a rumor about how JP is discussing on changing LV41+ Killer Shot's SE from LV4 -> LV5. Has anyone else heard this and what do you think is the likelihood that this could happen in the future?

Hrith
Oct 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
I don't remember, but would be nice to have that in effect.

In my opinion, Killer Shot is the only ultimate PA that you will need as a FG/GM.

Off-topic: I have heard a rumor about how JP is discussing on changing LV41+ Killer Shot's SE from LV4 -> LV5. Has anyone else heard this and what do you think is the likelihood that this could happen in the future?

KS has the same PP cost from 21 to 50 (not counting class changes).

That page has all the information about Killer Shot from Lv1 to 50, it was three clicks away from this one: http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1292/killer_shot/

necman
Oct 20, 2008, 08:06 AM
lolololololololololol. Mayalee prism gets more distance as it levels and is very uselfull especially against the burrowing worm creatures just to name one. It also stuns some minibosses so someone can kill it without too much risk. does not work on all of em. Unfortunatly it is such a pain to level since it throws the enemies in a spread pattern.

Twin Penatration is also usefull. I don't have it leveled up very much and just got it recently. I did find it's a real good box opener and it's extremly usefull on flying enemies as I can clip both wings four times per shot. Unfortunatly only one shot counts towards damage. 'As an added bonus it can be used to group enemies after you in party's so you can use your laser on more then one enemy

The charm pa for shotgun(can't remember name) is good for protransers so you can group enemies especially in parties for your ex traps. thats about it for my knowledge of ultimate pa's

Had to edit to thank Hrith for that link. killer shot is 12% away from level 21. I'm sure everyone knows about killer shot. Most usefull ultimate for those hard to kill bots.Really saves a lot of time

Akaimizu
Oct 20, 2008, 08:53 AM
Actually, MayaLee Prism *used* to be the Guntecher's only true weapon to knock down a group of very dangerous enemies when it was suicide to just rush in with a Rising Strike (praying that it actually will knock down, as even at top GT level (which is only 10) it's a definite gamble on the knock down), or if there are too many to hit with it.

However, the rifle love, ST gave, pretty much killed that bullet. (as well as nearly kills Bow use for GTs after ST decided that they should give them S-rank Bows) Rifle's knockdown is a whole lot more reliable, can be done from a distance, and is much more PP efficient.

Still, I personally think ST should really retool all of their Ultimate bullets. If they're going to make you do the extra work for them, and they take more PP to use; you'd think they would have a unique and highly useful function. However, most of them tend to be a waste of time. Just something nice for those *completists* to do. Raise 'em up, and then put them away for good.

Thing is, you kind of weigh in the PP cost and see if you are actually doing even as much as the elementals with lowered cost. True, there are a few Ultimates that are decent and/or worth it. I'm talking mainly about the rest.