PDA

View Full Version : Headache.

Leviathan
Oct 15, 2008, 10:33 PM
I believe I have just recovered from the worst headache I've had ever. I couldn't do my homework well. <It's been a bit over a day.> I took the PSATs WITH a headache. I imagine my score will be a poor -290. <If that's even possible.> The only way to alleviate the headache was to sleep &that only removed it temporarily. I also had a large rash that consumed half of my arm yesterday.

Now my rash is 1/2 gone, I have no headache, &I have Algebra, Physics, &English homework to do &it's 10:33. :[

/rant+damnit!

Shadowpawn
Oct 15, 2008, 10:41 PM
It's just the PSAT. Better that then the real SAT. Yeah, headaches suck. I've had frequent migraines since I was a kid due to my allergies so I know the feeling of having to drudge through a day with your head pounding.

Also, get off of PSOW and do your homework, nou.

Split
Oct 15, 2008, 10:55 PM
Do you have a concussion or something? Because that would give you headaches like a bitch. Just eat something substantial, then take lots of ibuprofen, like 6-800 mg or something like that. Then get rest, dude

On a side note...

Was today like national PSAT day or something? My school took it too. It was pretty easy except the second math part (where it's not multiple choice and you actually have to write shit down) made me want to kill myself...I hadn't learned anything on it. I literally put "COCK" for two of the answers and 9999 for another two, because I'm badass. And because I'm in a low math class lol

Solstis
Oct 15, 2008, 11:12 PM
Drink Green Tea, it fixes everything, but only if you believe.

But, yeah, your headache reminds me of my shaving accidents. I tend to cut myself before an interview or anything fancy.

Inazuma
Oct 15, 2008, 11:37 PM
headache? jerk off and it should go away.

Kent
Oct 15, 2008, 11:41 PM
I think that might be a problem.

Retehi
Oct 16, 2008, 02:01 AM

wtf, that just makes it worse.

The_Gio
Oct 16, 2008, 02:34 AM
well as long as your conditions improving, otherwise id suggest going to the doc to see what the rash is about, but if you know, then do what you gotta do to make your conditions better

lol yeah, because we all know masturbation solves everything

amtalx
Oct 16, 2008, 08:42 AM
If that solution keeps Inazuma from procreating, I'm all for it.

Inazuma
Oct 16, 2008, 08:46 AM
http://www.healthcentral.com/migraine/triggers-161473-5.html
from this article:

In a journal article by Randolph W. Evans, M.D. and James R. Couch, M.D., Ph.D., the authors open by saying,

"Occasionally, orgasm can trigger a Migraine but, in others, can relieve a Migraine. Dr. Couch's data suggests that some women who decline, 'Not tonight, I have a headache,' may be avoiding an effective treatment."2

Study of Migraine relief with sexual intercourse in women was undertaken at the Headache Clinic at Southern Illinois University. For those who obtained relief through orgasm, the level of relief varied, but it is interesting to note that of those who obtained any relief, the largest subset is those who obtained complete relief. Of study participants:

* 47.4% had complete relief
* 48.5% had no relief, and
* for 4.1%, orgasm made their Migraine worse.2

In comparing the efficacy of orgasm to that of Migraine abortive medications, orgasm is significantly less effective than triptans or DHE, but when it is effective, the onset of relief is faster than with medications.

Dr. Evans and Dr. Couch conclude their journal article with this statement,

"The issue of suppression of headache by orgasm does bring up the possibility of suppression of one multi-faceted, presumably neural origin syndrome (Migraine) by another neural event (perception of sexual orgasm). Perhaps there are other situations in which an indigenous neural process might be used to suppress Migraine. Certainly there are some interesting theoretical possibilities here."

Interesting possibilities, indeed! Although this study did not include men, Dr. Evans and Dr. Couch report there is anecdotal information suggesting that relief with sexual orgasm may occur in men, including men suffering cluster headaches.

amtalx
Oct 16, 2008, 09:04 AM
47.4% success huh? So that's like an F---.

Aisha379
Oct 16, 2008, 09:58 AM
I can relate to this, as I've had migraines for about a year now, almost one a day, varying from "slightly annoying" to "lock myself in a dark room and take a nap" severity.

I went to the doctor, tried some pills that were supposed to help, but not only did they have NO change to my headaches, they made me super dizzy for long periods of time, like if I took a pill, I couldn't even drive for about 24 hours, I was so dizzy and my depth perception was all screwed up.

Also had an MRI scan done, but nothing out of the ordinary was found =S

Hopefully this is just temporary, and you don't have <whatever> I have.

Oh, and it does not surprise me that Inazuma looks up this kind of thing in his spare time o_O

CelestialBlade
Oct 16, 2008, 10:13 AM
Well clearly SOMEONE'S on his way to his doctorate and becoming a true pioneer of the medical world.

A nice massage on my temples get rid of any headache, I've found.

Aisha379
Oct 16, 2008, 10:29 AM
A nice massage on my temples get rid of any headache, I've found.

Yeah, this works for me. The problem is, as SOON as the massage stops, all the pain just rushes back.

Automatic massaging robot needs to be invented...

I actually did see some weird helmet on an inventors episode of Montel months ago that constantly massages your head. I don't remember what its called or if its even out yet though >_>

UnderscoreX
Oct 16, 2008, 11:10 AM
In a journal article by Randolph W. Evans, M.D. and James R. Couch, M.D., Ph.D., the authors open by saying,

"Occasionally, orgasm can trigger a Migraine but, in others, can relieve a Migraine. Dr. Couch's data suggests that some women who decline, 'Not tonight, I have a headache,' may be avoiding an effective treatment."

Wow. New favourite pickup line.

astuarlen
Oct 16, 2008, 11:38 AM
You have my sympathies and best wishes on dealing with those damn headaches, since I am well acquainted with several types. I used to get the sort of migraines that start out with a blind spot and numbness (usually in the hands) and escalate to throbbing, scream-inducing pain, requiring complete darkness and sometimes leading to vomiting (which actually seemed to help in a lot of cases). Fortunately, I haven't had one that bad in years after figuring out what some of my triggers are. Lack of sleep and stress contribute to everything that can go wrong with your body, but on top of that, certain foods are migraine contributors for some people; MSG (say goodbye to Chinese food), chocolate (I've found the cheap, crappy kind the worst, along with chocolate cake), heavily processed/preserved meats (sausage, salami, bacon) are among the worst for me, and my mom has problems with avocados and citruses (especially clementines). It might be worth investigating, since avoidance always trumps treatment. After seeing a doctor and getting an MRI for my headaches, I also found out that vertigo (which I'd been experiencing a lot) is also a manifestation of migraines.

Vanzazikon
Oct 16, 2008, 11:38 AM
Sounds like some type of fever, especially the rash part.

Leviathan
Oct 16, 2008, 04:19 PM
* 47.4% had complete relief
* 48.5% had no relief, and
* for 4.1%, orgasm made their Migraine worse.2

* 48.5% had no relief,
47.4% had complete relief < 48.5% had no relief

Can't "jerk off". No penis. -.-

You have my sympathies and best wishes on dealing with those damn headaches, since I am well acquainted with several types. I used to get the sort of migraines that start out with a blind spot and numbness (usually in the hands) and escalate to throbbing, scream-inducing pain, requiring complete darkness and sometimes leading to vomiting (which actually seemed to help in a lot of cases). Fortunately, I haven't had one that bad in years after figuring out what some of my triggers are. Lack of sleep and stress contribute to everything that can go wrong with your body, but on top of that, certain foods are migraine contributors for some people; MSG (say goodbye to Chinese food), chocolate (I've found the cheap, crappy kind the worst, along with chocolate cake), heavily processed/preserved meats (sausage, salami, bacon) are among the worst for me, and my mom has problems with avocados and citruses (especially clementines). It might be worth investigating, since avoidance always trumps treatment. After seeing a doctor and getting an MRI for my headaches, I also found out that vertigo (which I'd been experiencing a lot) is also a manifestation of migraines.

That sounds a lot like what I had. My mom said it was probably lack of sleep &stress from school + work. I had stayed up until 3-4 the past weekend.

I believe I will try Solly's green tea suggestion.

Inazuma
Oct 16, 2008, 04:39 PM
not gonna try the masturbation just b/c there is a chance nothing could happen? according to that study of women, almost half had complete relief. oh well, its up to you.

Outrider
Oct 16, 2008, 04:57 PM
Inazuma, you are just a barrel of laughs. I swear that you're not a real person. You must be the creation of a Hollywood writer's dreams. Are you sure you're not the wacky friend in a sitcom? I'm pretty sure you are.

I sympathize with the headaches thing. I experience migraines from time to time. Mostly, if I get rest and eat well, I don't have to worry about them. They're always bound to happen during busy weeks, though. I'll echo everybody else in suggesting rest, green tea, and I'll add in that you should stay away from bright displays. Watching TV, doing internetting, or playing the videogames never helps me when my head hurts.

Sidney
Oct 16, 2008, 05:31 PM
Levi, I'm sorry to hear about your migraines! If they persist, you should look into seeing or getting a referral to a neurologist. They should be able to give you some sound medical advice, or medication that could help you. Hang in there!

Weeaboolits
Oct 16, 2008, 05:45 PM
Sleeping works sometimes, assuming you have the time to spare.

Majarra
Oct 17, 2008, 01:12 AM
Inazuma you make me laugh. thank you cause i have a hard time laughing. Anyway goodluck on that headache. Hope you get better. Maybe its some growing up pain?

CelestialBlade
Oct 17, 2008, 07:48 AM
Inazuma you make me laugh. thank you cause i have a hard time laughing. Anyway goodluck on that headache. Hope you get better. Maybe its some growing up pain?
Everyone loves our Inazumie ^_^ He's so cute when he's trying to be a PhD.

I have had this ongoing tension headache for the past week and a half or so, don't know what it is. It's not any major pain, it's more annoying than anything else, but lately it's started to make me feel sick by the time night rolls around. I can massage my temples and it'll go away, but eventually come back. I'm probably going to try to get back into meditation, it is amazing what that will do for sore muscles and such.

Leviathan
Oct 17, 2008, 11:53 PM
Meditation?
That would help a lot. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed. I'd like to try this too.

SStrikerR
Oct 18, 2008, 12:13 PM
My advice: Don't drink too much green tea; that's a trigger for some people, including me, the green tea addict. Also the worst migrane I ever had which lasted for hours went away within 1 minute of me throwing up. Try it, might help.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 22, 2008, 08:42 PM
Keep in mind the age rating of the website here when providing that kind of suggestion in the future.

That is more in line with PG-15-17, inbetween an ESRB rating T for teen and the ol' Mature. It also became the subject of discussion instead of the initial OP and the problem. If you want to have a side discussion, please create a separate rant or topic to do so.

This site is situated inbetween the PG-13 and T for teen rating I would believe and reiterate. Try to work on that, thanks.

-

CTRL-F and no Advil mention? Although temporary and with side effects on some kinds, that's the ol stereotype of women having the headache pills in the purse at all times, especially for bad dates.

Everyone of both genders uses the headache relief pills every now and then. Try to find one that works for you and stay away from the Vicadins and other strong ones that come with doctor prescriptions. bunch of dangers in those drugs, that's for sure.