PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB performance problems

Raveno
Oct 16, 2008, 10:27 AM
okay I got a 2.133 ghz amd, 512ram, radeon 9550 256mb

the problem is that, it used to perform with no problem...then it just got slow in certain parts...like the 2nd boss (caves, the worm)

it gets really slow, and I've tried everything, low resolution, lowest settings everything checked for the lowest graphics possible...still same problem

yes, i've restarted, yes i've reinstalled, i'ved tried in on another hd drive still same problem, all programs are closed down, trust me i've done everything I could...the only thing that makes it a little better is by overclocking my videocard, but it only makes it a bit better, and it the game crashes, when too much stuff is happening...

i've got the newest patch for video card,

and the specs for the game is
CPU: P3 700 MHz (P4 1.4 GHz recommended) [I got 2.133 AMD]
RAM: 128 MB (256 MB recommended) [512mb]
Sound: DirectSound compatible
DirectX: 9.0b
HD: 1.5 GB plus patches, etc. [got more than enough space]
Broadband (256 kbps or higher) internet connection required [got]

Saffran
Oct 16, 2008, 11:13 AM
It's been a while I've had a config like yours...

Thing is, it just might be your config who's getting old and sensitive to overheating or stuff.
I've had the problem with PSU (overheating once, the PC wasn't able to run it afterwards).

Konoko
Oct 16, 2008, 11:25 AM
Well I'm running PSOBB on my mothers PC. My mother just barely has enough to run this game, and it runs great. Maybe it's the processor on your pc? PSOBB use to run slow on my PC and I found that it was my processor.

Raveno
Oct 16, 2008, 12:07 PM
no, its an AMD athlon 2600+ 2.133 ghz

it used to run nearly perfect

how fast was your processor before?

and whats your mother's pc specs?

oh and let me add, that it gets slow, whenever I face the sun (in ultimate), or face certain parts of a level

and which is the fastest fog setting? if that would make a difference...

Vanzazikon
Oct 16, 2008, 03:59 PM
I play BB on my laptop, the only time it would get slow is if I took off the AC adaptor. Sometimes it gets low connection and I get kicked off. But if the adaptor was on it was fast. Your PC is has very high internet connection (256 kps or higher). I really don't see how it gets slow. I probably say it overheats, so try to get more fans.

Raveno
Oct 16, 2008, 07:07 PM
well, I tried putting my fan (blowing inside the case) same slowness

i'm giving up, and doing a format...maybe theres a virus

eh, I need to do a format anyways...reallly hope this works

wtf...didn't work....can anybody give me any direction?? please this is killing me

halohalo
Oct 17, 2008, 01:20 AM
You may use other video driver for PSOBB, like Catalyst 4.3.

Raveno
Oct 17, 2008, 09:38 AM
just tried the old drivers, its the same...

the thing is....the slowness started when I took out my pci sound card..and used the onboard sound card..bc I was hearing static noises...and played pso, and the certain parts of the game experienced slowdowns (like now)

so I switched back the PCI soundcard, and it still slow, but I don't hear the static

how could a sound card affect a games performance?..espcially when its about certain graphical slowdowns

CelestialBlade
Oct 17, 2008, 09:44 AM
just tried the old drivers, its the same...

the thing is....the slowness started when I took out my pci sound card..and used the onboard sound card..bc I was hearing static noises...and played pso, and the certain parts of the game experienced slowdowns (like now)

so I switched back the PCI soundcard, and it still slow, but I don't hear the static

how could a sound card affect a games performance?..espcially when its about certain graphical slowdowns
Sound card can have a *lot* to do with lag issues. Try turning off Global Focus Sound or disabling in-game sound altogether and see if it makes a difference.

Also, did your video card drivers come with software (like nVidia's Control Panel)? If so, it could be an option in there that's messing with you too (anti-aliasing is often an overlooked culprit).

Raveno
Oct 17, 2008, 09:51 AM
oh yeah, i've messed with ALL the catalyst options, no luck what so ever

i'll try no sound...

but now since I've formatted it, it should be like, i've never switched them at all

:edit: nope didn't work

Raveno
Oct 23, 2008, 10:04 AM
OMG

I GOT IT WORKING SMOOOTH AGAIN!!!!!!!

:bday::beer::ducky::sheep:

all it was...was the 'advanced effects' wasn't checked!!

i thought not having it, would increase performance?? haha

Jaspaller
Oct 23, 2008, 11:15 AM
Nice... wierd that it decided to speed it up.

Raveno
Oct 23, 2008, 11:35 AM
damn, it lags a bit still in ultimate...i'll try turning off advanced effects...

what setting goes with the sun in the forest in ult?

ult is the most laggy tho now, but i think its actually tweakable now