PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Gal Gryphon

dys0r
Feb 2, 2003, 09:19 PM
Okay, this guy totally loves wasting me over and over again. I'm a level 106 FOmarl, with these things equipped:

- HILDEBEAR'S CANE +9
- Ultimate Frame, 3 slots
- God/Mind x3
- Divinity Barrier

The Gryphon has this bad ass attack that kills you outright in one hit for some reason. I tried equipping 3 Metal/Body, which now boosted my DFP by like 780, and it still kills me outright when it stomps on its feet (I can't run away fast enough... the shockwave always gets me). I tried using 3 General/Body (best thing I could find in the shops), to give me near 800 HP, but DAMN, this guy still kills you. To add insult to that, my level 29 Foie only does 180+, and my level 29 Barta does only 260+! GRRR... Help!

- dys

hucast_blade
Feb 2, 2003, 09:35 PM
Hm....this is a hard one. I'm not even on Ultimate yet so your like a goddess to me.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gifWhy don't you back up and shoot him with Grants or some type of spell that does a good amount of damage from a distance? Then when he's going to attack run back to be safe. Either that or have a good amount of scape dolls. Goodluck!

Palimak
Feb 2, 2003, 09:37 PM
Just take a ton of scape dolls...

Toyzferall
Feb 2, 2003, 09:39 PM
The Gryph is a tough cookie no matter WHAT yer difficulty, especially if you haven't fought him much to learn his patterns... But I agree, jsut take a lot of scape dolls is all I know to do. XD

Kasera
Feb 2, 2003, 09:40 PM
On 2003-02-02 18:19, dys0r wrote:

- HILDEBEAR'S CANE +9

First off, ditch that, if you have something that boosts barta, like a ice staff dagon, or better yet Mace of Adaman use it. If not, try and get something that at least boosts zonde.

The Gryphon has this bad ass attack that kills you outright in one hit for some reason.

Don't stand so close to him. When he's in the air, use zonde, when he's on the ground, use barta from as far away as possible

Cloud_01
Feb 2, 2003, 09:42 PM
Yeah, that shockwave that Gal Gryphon does is a one hit kill. Just take a few scapedolls with you and you should be fine. You should use some kind of gun to stay away from him when he does the shockwave move.

I used My 45% hit vulcans on him and I didn't have much trouble. I killed him on my first try.

dys0r
Feb 2, 2003, 09:56 PM
My FOmarl isn't very competent with weapons. I tend to miss a lot (even though my ATA is 181). See, things is, I used up 6 bloody Scape Dolls. I think I used it up in like two tries at it. (I had a total of like 9 or 10, but I used a few of them cuz those damn Megid spitting monkeys always get me.) So, even with 3 General/HPs, 3 Metal/Bodys, this bad ass kills you outright still. I'll try using ICE STAFF:DAGON or MACE OF ADAMAN (I have both). Grrr... now, if only I have the patience of going through Central Control again... Oh, btw, Grants, Foie and Zonde techniques were totally useless on this guy. Barta was my best attack, and it still didn't do jack (considering I raped Mr. Gryphon in under a minute back on V. Hard).

Any other tips?

hucasts_rock
Feb 2, 2003, 10:05 PM
if you're not playing online, u can just turn the power off when you die to start from the beginning...ep2 is too hard and boring for me so I'd just go to ep1...MUCH more easier and fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

malinko
Feb 2, 2003, 10:05 PM
when he 1st lands on the ground, run away, (big shockwave attack) then he flies for a second, then he'll go back on the ground for the 2nd time, after he goes on the ground for the 2nd time, justkeep hitting him until he starts his pattern all over again. repeat until dead.

fyrewyre
Feb 3, 2003, 04:30 AM
I didnt read what they said so im still gonna post anyway. there is a limit on how far it goes, on vh i get away with it cause i stand way back throwing bartas and zonde techs at him (prefereble barta) i beat him offline ult the same way...and on another note ima lvl 141 fomar now with 1k def if that helps out so stick with the deband, jellen and bartuh/zonde attacks to stay alive

elfin
Feb 3, 2003, 04:42 AM
The only thing i use on him is Grants with my Caduceus... I think i have lvl 27 grants or something like that.. And that is more than enough to reach almost everywhere... The only thing u need to concentrate on is keeping the distance... If u can do that... The battle is won.

Kanore
Feb 3, 2003, 07:38 AM
On 2003-02-02 19:05, hucasts_rock wrote:
if you're not playing online, u can just turn the power off when you die to start from the beginning...ep2 is too hard and boring for me so I'd just go to ep1...MUCH more easier and fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I agree. The reason people lose against Gal Gryphon was because they were struck by the boredness the Central Control Area brings to you... the music is so soothing... it makes you too bored to play. LoL.

The shockwave- Forces can't stand- actually, Hunters can't stand the shockwave. The only way thru is alot of Def Mats and good items or Scape Dolls.