PDA

View Full Version : Offline PSO on Wii?

Widget9k
Oct 19, 2008, 06:24 PM
Is it even possible to play PSO offline on the Wii? A friend gave me the game and I was looking forward to playing through it offline, but the first thing it wants to do when you start up is assign a Hunters License, which of course it can't do without connecting online. Furthermore, whenever it attempts to write to my memory card, it always says the save file is corrupt and must be overwritten.

Anyone know a way that I can play this game offline on my Wii? :-?

Thanks in advance.

TheOneHero
Oct 19, 2008, 06:27 PM
You sure it just isn't asking for the access key/serial number found in the game case?

Anyway, this is a very old topic and since you're new I doubt you'll get in trouble. Just remember not to bump topics over 2 weeks old. Feel free to make a new topic asking for help. :3

AlexCraig
Oct 19, 2008, 06:31 PM
Yes, you can play Offline mode of PSO on the Wii for Episode 1 and 2 and Episode 1 and 2 Plus. I play it more often on my Wii since it works better than my GC did. It'll only ask for a hunters liscence when you click online mode.

RAmar Lv.200
Oct 19, 2008, 08:38 PM
It Doesnt for me. MayBe Cause I Still Play On GC.

Sharkyland
Oct 20, 2008, 06:34 PM
Works for me to play offline on Wii, but the transition from 13" to 42" HD is weird...

Widget9k
Oct 20, 2008, 07:24 PM
Thank you for the info, and I apologize for resurrecting an old topic. I like to think it shows that I read before asking! :D

For those of you who do play PSO offline on your Wii, did you already have a PSO save game on your cube memory card? Would you humor me and try to start a game up using a memory card that doesn't already have a PSO save on it? I'm trying to determine if it only works if you already had a PSO save.

I appreciate the help!

Gnarled_rose
Oct 21, 2008, 03:33 PM
...Doesn't that imply that PSO is possible online with the Wii? It'd be hilarious, seeing as how I never got it to work on my GC. Of course, the ultimate irony is that I'm playing PSO again, after my memory card died with all my characters.

TheOneHero
Oct 21, 2008, 03:36 PM
The Wii relies on WiFi, while PSO doesn't. At the moment, there isn't anything out to get PSO online with the Wii.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Oct 21, 2008, 08:36 PM
Yes, you can play offline on Wii.

Dragwind
Oct 22, 2008, 02:24 AM
Offline PSO on my Wii works just fine.

Widget9k
Oct 22, 2008, 10:10 PM
Please, those of you responding that can play offline on a Wii, are you doing it with a save that you created back in the Gamecube days? What I need to know now is not if it's possible to play offline on the Wii (thanks to you folks) but if it's possible using a memory card that has no PSO saved game file on it. Everytime my Wii tries to create a saved game file, it says it is corrupted and attempts to rewrite it over and over.

AlexCraig
Oct 23, 2008, 02:59 AM
Corruption happens. It is likely the card, not the system.

Dragwind
Oct 23, 2008, 05:54 AM
I'm using memory cards both 3rd party and 1st party from my GC PSO days, and they're working fine. Although I'll say I haven't tried making a new PSO file using the Wii yet. I don't see why it wouldn't work though.

TalHex
Oct 23, 2008, 08:28 AM
it should work seeing as i didn't have an internet connection for my GC when i started my file on it, the wii should work the same way

TheOneHero
Oct 23, 2008, 02:31 PM
Let me go ahead and post what the OP is asking now:

Can you play PSO on the Wii, using a card without PSO Save Data on it?

As in, new card and trying to make a PSO save file on it, while using the Wii.

Genoa
Oct 24, 2008, 02:03 AM
The Wii relies on WiFi, while PSO doesn't. At the moment, there isn't anything out to get PSO online with the Wii.
I use a LAN adapter for my Wii to go online, however, PSO online is still not possible if the Wii settings are set to Wired internet connection.

Tweengo
Oct 24, 2008, 08:44 AM
Yes PSO on Wii works offline. I've never played online :( can't really afford it. But yeah, it works offline.... I'm still mad about Plus not being released in UK :( Then I'dve been able to access towers to up my chances of a Sealed J Sword :( But yeah, offline PSO with its one Sealed J Sword dropping Big Bee on the Beach works offline without a Licence. I heard it's the Xbox u need a licence just to play offline.

Widget9k
Oct 24, 2008, 05:44 PM
I want to thank everyone here for their input. I had to try 3 different memory cards, but I was able to create a non-corrupt save file on my Wii. I have no idea why two of my cards (that work fine for all other cube games) can't make a non-corrupt save for PSO. Both of the 'corrupt' cards are the large white Nintendo cards. Coincidence?

AlexCraig
Oct 24, 2008, 05:56 PM
:confused:

VioletSkye
Oct 24, 2008, 07:04 PM
Just pull the card out when it says that and pop it back in and it will run with no problems ;)