PDA

View Full Version : A Force of one...Clearing the game.

Saligun
Oct 19, 2008, 09:39 PM
I have read that the force class is the hardest character to clear the game with offline but if the player is skilled with how to use a force to the best of it's abilities why would it be so terriblely hard to clear the game with one?The force is far more powerfull when all it's tech are maxed out then the hunter or ranger,a force can clear a room of enemies in no time while a hunter or ranger has to do it the hard one or two or maybe three at a time.I think the force class is very under rated in PSO...

NOTE:I know that a HU/RA can also kill fast but that's if they find one of the very few rare weapons that can do it,but forces don't really need rare weapons to do this they need only find or buy better techs.

Ketchup345
Oct 19, 2008, 10:28 PM
FOrces have a huge advantage if they are not the first character. Make them after you have one established character to donate to the FOrce, and the FOrce will be very strong. Starting "clean" means a much harder time at the start, but eventually being very capable. RAngers and HUnters don't have such a problem when starting off.

This may change though if facing say multiplayer/online enemies with higher resists, that may allow the physical damage characters to catch up in terms of damage. Also damage-cancel.

TrueChaos
Oct 20, 2008, 05:37 AM
forces are amazing at higher levels. i have a lvl 100ish force and, although not all the spells are maxed, i got through the ruins really easily. dark falz wasn't that much of a problem either. ive got a rafoie merge which makes the ruins quite simple and i take with me a club of laconium, mace of adamin and the other one i cant pronounce or spell (zimiuran or something like that). coz of the bonus they give to simple spells my spells were really effective and killed everything quickly. it was great!

Vanzazikon
Oct 20, 2008, 11:46 AM
You think defeating Dark Falz with a force is hard, try completing it with a CAST in vh or ult. You will see you would need some Force's abilities to survive...

Splash
Oct 20, 2008, 08:22 PM
You think defeating Dark Falz with a force is hard, try completing it with a CAST in vh or ult. You will see you would need some Force's abilities to survive...
Nope. An android has a far better chance at surviving Ult Dark Falz than a Force could ever could. And this applies to online mostly. Offline, any class should be able to withstand Dark Falz with no problem.

a force can clear a room of enemies in no time while a hunter or ranger has to do it the hard one or two or maybe three at a time.

NOTE:I know that a HU/RA can also kill fast but that's if they find one of the very few rare weapons that can do it,but forces don't really need rare weapons to do this they need only find or buy better techs.
These statements contradict each other.

It doesn't matter if a Hunter/Ranger requires a rare weapon (and cases, non-rare weapons - Charge Vulcan comes to mind) in order to be able to kill fast. The fact still comes down to that they kill faster than a Force and that is what matters in the long run. It doesn't matter if the Forces don't need weapons to be able to clear a room.

A Force with max MST and Lv30 attack techniques can still never reach the potential damage that a hit% weapon can do. Of course, it only applies to Ultimate difficulty, where the resistance for the monsters has been raised significantly. Fact is, the game was built unfairly for the Forces, which is why they are signified as "for advanced users only".

Ryna
Oct 20, 2008, 09:24 PM
It is very easy to clear the game if you give your Force character some hand-me-downs. I remember a few times where I'd start a Force character and be in Ultimate a few hours later in my mid-40s. Getting into Ult Ruins at a low-level isn't hard if you know what you're doing. If the Force is your first character, it may take a bit longer.

Offline mode is easy enough that it doesn't really matter what class you are using. It just all depends on your skill level and whether you can inflict damage on the enemies.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 20, 2008, 09:42 PM
Nope. An android has a far better chance at surviving Ult Dark Falz than a Force could ever could. And this applies to online mostly. Offline, any class should be able to withstand Dark Falz with no problem.
That sounds more like a defense/HP reason.

Droids aren't really difficult, per se, they just need a different strategy than fleshies, and especially FOrces.(See:NUKENUKENUKENUKEFIREFIREFIRE)

Then again, charge weapons are totally broken. >_>

furrypaws
Oct 20, 2008, 09:58 PM
Offline is fine (although the resistances in Ult are still a little out there).

It's online Ult where the Force starts to see the loss of potential.

Splash
Oct 20, 2008, 10:57 PM
That sounds more like a defense/HP reason.

Actually, that's exactly the reason, minus the defense part.

Dark Falz has no attacks which rely on DFP to determine the damage. So the entire battle is just a matter of how much HP you have. And androids will always have more HP than Forces, thus make things easier to fight Dark Falz. That, and androids can do more damage with weapons than Forces that are spamming attack techniques which in turn, means the battle should last shorter.

TrueChaos
Oct 22, 2008, 03:40 PM
It is very easy to clear the game if you give your Force character some hand-me-downs.

my force has 2 god/hp's, a 2 god minds, a refoie merge and some other stuff i handed across and its made him oober powerful.

Nisoth
Oct 22, 2008, 04:56 PM
Forces definitely have an easier time with Falz, and this is why: Heals.
Once a force has enough HP to survive, all they need are fluids. If you add up 30 fluids (mono, di, tri) and 40 mates/star atomizers, forces have it much easier when it come to survival even if they do need to use some of their fluids for attacks. Androids, on the other hand, have a maximum of 40 healing items not counting scape dolls. It gets a little tense when you're down to your last Star Atomizer. Also forces can always damage Falz in his final form, where androids can only damage him half of the time. Too bad you can't use traps on him. :(

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 22, 2008, 05:38 PM
^ I dunno. My RAcast didn't have to heal much with those Charge Vulcan tearing forms down in such a short period of time.

Also, androids can damage falz at any time, but nobody's dumb enough to bring a burning weapon to the last fight.

In PSOBB, L&K 38 Combat made this much easier.

AlexCraig
Oct 22, 2008, 05:47 PM
In PSOBB, L&K 14 Combat made this much easier.

Sorry about that. I'm nitpicky ^^;

I believe Forces can have it pretty easy against Falz, just as anyone else. Just depends on what they have, what they do, and who is playing them.

TheOneHero
Oct 22, 2008, 05:52 PM
I thought that too Alex, but I was like, 'Huh, paralyze special on Falz?' Then I remembered seeing the L&K 38 (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2531&sortby=name) the other day while forming my "What shall I hunt?" list. XD

AlexCraig
Oct 22, 2008, 06:17 PM
Ah. Huh, never heard of that one. I stand corrected. ^^;

Nisoth
Oct 22, 2008, 06:54 PM
Of course once you're about 125, it doesn't really matter what class you are (at least offline). At that point, Falz is a mere thorn in your side.

Splash
Oct 22, 2008, 08:12 PM
Forces definitely have an easier time with Falz, and this is why: Heals.
Healing is irrelevant because (hopefully) your intention is to quickly finish the battle, not drag it out so that Dark Falz gets to launch a lot of attacks. An android does this job better than Forces. That, and Forces have to sacrifice units in order to raise HP to be able to survive most of Dark Falz's attacks.

Also forces can always damage Falz in his final form, where androids can only damage him half of the time.
An HP stealing special will still be able to damage Dark Falz in "shield" mode. Also, a set of weapons will deal more damage than spamming techniques once its cloak is down and it becomes vulnerable to attacks.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 22, 2008, 08:33 PM
I thought that too Alex, but I was like, 'Huh, paralyze special on Falz?' Then I remembered seeing the L&K 38 (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2531&sortby=name) the other day while forming my "What shall I hunt?" list. XD
Do Want. That's a really neat looking mini-gun.

I wish they had it on my private server. ;-;

Nisoth
Oct 23, 2008, 01:33 AM
Healing is irrelevant because (hopefully) your intention is to quickly finish the battle, not drag it out so that Dark Falz gets to launch a lot of attacks. An android does this job better than Forces. That, and Forces have to sacrifice units in order to raise HP to be able to survive most of Dark Falz's attacks.

Healing is quite relevant. If Falz hits you for half or more of your health, you'll use one every time he hits you. It will probably take a couple or more monomates to heal you to full (which low level characters will need to be at all times during this fight).
Forces can beat him at lower levels, which makes them better at killing him. Boss fights and large groups are where forces shine. I'd like to see a RAcast kill six arlans faster than a FOnewm.
Of course, after about 140 androids definitely get an edge with things like charge vulcans.
So here's my conclusin:
Low level force > Low level android (@ killing Falz)
High level fore < High level android (@ killing Falz)
I think I've solved the riddle!

Splash
Oct 23, 2008, 05:47 PM
Healing is quite relevant. If Falz hits you for half or more of your health, you'll use one every time he hits you. It will probably take a couple or more monomates to heal you to full (which low level characters will need to be at all times during this fight).
Why exactly are using 2 Monomates as oppose to 1 Dimate? An android is all about conserving healing items, and monomates are usually spared for attacks that do low damage only (i.e. Darvants). For that matter, an android is also capable of using a HP stealing special to further conserve that amount. Hit Drain Railgun works brilliantly well.

Simply put, the best form of defense is to not get hit at all. And there are plentiful opportunites for when you get that short invincibilty period to be able to deal off some major damage at that moment.

Forces can beat him at lower levels, which makes them better at killing him.
So can androids. That doesn't make Forces better at killing it.

Boss fights and large groups are where forces shine. I'd like to see a RAcast kill six arlans faster than a FOnewm.
Freeze trap + Spread Needle = Everything dead. Even a FOnewn spamming Rafoie can't beat that.

Of course, after about 140 androids definitely get an edge with things like charge vulcans.
They don't need to be Lv140. Regardless of class, any character should be able to beat Dark Falz at Lv120-121 since all set damage attacks can be survived by those levels.

TheOneHero
Oct 23, 2008, 05:50 PM
This is too flippin' hilarious, but sadly, everyone needs to chill out or a mod will come in.

SStrikerR
Oct 23, 2008, 09:06 PM
I would love to post my thoughts about this, but then Splash will come in and say that I'm all wrong we'll argue, and I'll end up banned or something. THEREFORE, I will be content in just agreeing with TOH.

Splash
Oct 23, 2008, 11:58 PM
It depends what you would say then. How would you know that I would say that you are wrong?

Besides, no one who has ever argued with me has ended up getting banned. No one is breaking the rules.

Nisoth
Oct 24, 2008, 12:47 AM
Why exactly are using 2 Monomates as oppose to 1 Dimate? An android is all about conserving healing items, and monomates are usually spared for attacks that do low damage only (i.e. Darvants). For that matter, an android is also capable of using a HP stealing special to further conserve that amount. Hit Drain Railgun works brilliantly well.
Good call.

Simply put, the best form of defense is to not get hit at all. And there are plentiful opportunites for when you get that short invincibilty period to be able to deal off some major damage at that moment.

Unless you have some super strategy that I don't know about, you'll get hit plenty. Other than photon blasts and resta, I'm not sure of other 'invincible instances.' If you can do it without getting hit, definitely share your strategy.

So can androids. That doesn't make Forces better at killing it.
I meant that a decked out force can kill Falz at lower levels than androids.

Freeze trap + Spread Needle = Everything dead. Even a FOnewn spamming Rafoie can't beat that.
I beg to differ. A FOnewm can begin spamming the moment he enters the room, and has no limit to the number of targets they can hit. A RAcast has to set up his trap, round up the mans, and can hit up to five at a time.

They don't need to be Lv140. Regardless of class, any character should be able to beat Dark Falz at Lv120-121 since all set damage attacks can be survived by those levels.
Any class CAN beat him easily. The thing is that MST and tech levels can artificially boost damage a lot faster than weapons can. Androids will deliver a lot more damage a lot faster, it just takes higher levels to tap that damage.

Genoa
Oct 24, 2008, 01:56 AM
Uhm... saying "forces" wouldn't be the best way to go about it in my opinion.
I know that ALL characters are very diverse, but it seems in comparison between each individual character for each CLASS, the individuals in the Force class are the most diverse in my opinion.

They all share the common fact that they can access lvl.30 Techs, however... HOW they use them and their bonus' for specific techs combined with different statistics and weapon equipping are quite diverse.
FOmar tends to lean on a more offensive side with high ATP and good MST combined with a +30% boost in Gifoie, Gibarta, Gizonde, and Grants. This allows them with the versatility to use melee AND techs for offense. Lvl.30 buffs/debuffs can put you up there with hunters, where you also have the ability to do great technique damage. FOmar lacks HP, Defense, and Accuracy however... but you can't have it all ;) Their support boost with Shifta/Deband is convenient, but not exactly qualifying for "better at support" in comparison to two other forces...

FOmarl tends to lean more on defensive/support. Good ATP, which is nice for melee, but they're slightly hindered with slower attack animations for various melee/ranged weapons. Their MST is also the lowest among forces, also only having a 50% tech bonus for Grants...
HOWEVER, FOmarl is the sturdiest force as far as HP and Defense go. Their BIGGEST advantage is their 2x. Resta/Anti/Shifta/Deband range which is great for support.

FOnewm is a pure nuker. He actually has decent HP, Defense, and Evasion. Great MST, but the icing is the +30% tech bonus for Gifoie, Gibarta, Gizone, Rafoie, Rabarta, and Razonde. Those techs alone are ideal for groups of enemies... making FOnewm the ultimate mob nuker.
As far as support, standard Resta/Anti/Shifta/Deband range...
But buffing isn't too hard to do seeing people WILL want it (and it's just as powerful as any other force) and Resta can easily be fixed with a Resta merge.

FOnewearl is good at both support and nuking. Low HP and Defense, but great evasion. Highest MST, but still doesn't out-nuke a FOnewm. However, FOnewearl has a +30% tech bonus in Foie, Zonde, and Barta. Their Megid also penetrates through targets without the need of megid-penetrating equipment. This makes FOnewearl the strongest techer for taking on single targets... which isn't AS useful as the nuking power of FOnewm BUT you ALSO, you have 2x Resta/Anti range for support, which is what you get as compensation. It makes you very supportive as well as offensive for specific situations.
FOmarl might have 2x Resta/Anti/Shifta/Deband... but FOnewearl heals for MUCH MORE in comparison, however, FOmarl is still very good because of her higher HP and Defense, combined with FOmarl's ability to use melee decently as well.

But yes, Forces are very powerful and self-sustaining once they have what they need. And for Human forces it's weapons/techs (preferably HIT% weapons since their ATA is quite low)
And techs are even more crucial for Newman forces seeing it's their primary (and really only..) means of fierce attack.

Splash
Oct 24, 2008, 02:26 AM
Unless you have some super strategy that I don't know about, you'll get hit plenty. Other than photon blasts and resta, I'm not sure of other 'invincible instances.' If you can do it without getting hit, definitely share your strategy.
There is no "super strategy". My point is that you are trying to make the battle last shorter, not drag it out so that it can launch more attacks on you. For a low level character, you will get knocked down, and this point is where you can get an invicibility period which you can take advantage of. You and I both know that Dark Falz's attacks are random. There is no way to escape every moment of damage. The point is to reduce the amount of moments that you would actually get damaged. And don't tell me that the attacks can't be dodged. Because they can sometimes.

I meant that a decked out force can kill Falz at lower levels than androids.
So now you are trying to throw in conditions. Explain specifically what your "decked out" force would contain. Max MST? High level techs?

I beg to differ. A FOnewm can begin spamming the moment he enters the room, and has no limit to the number of targets they can hit. A RAcast has to set up his trap, round up the mans, and can hit up to five at a time.
If this was so true, assumingly they are both equal level, why the heck are FOnewns are not able to beat a faster time than a RAcast's time when they both go for a full Ultimate TTF run solo?

Any class CAN beat him easily. The thing is that MST and tech levels can artificially boost damage a lot faster than weapons can. Androids will deliver a lot more damage a lot faster, it just takes higher levels to tap that damage.
Are you saying this from a max MST point of view or the level base MST (no modifications such as units or mags) point of view?

Nitro Vordex
Oct 24, 2008, 02:52 AM
The Spread Needle is such an easy button. :lol:

Anyways, it's not that hard to go through areas with a FOrce. Personally, I play a FOmar, and he's alright so far. 600 damage with a foie in Forest 1 on Ulty makes me happy, and I can't wait to get it higher. So far, I think I've only gotten to the Caves however, as I find Caves tedious and haven't had any motivation to play. (This is on GC by the way, offline.) The worm is gonna be a pain. -_-; I really like that with the S/D/J/Z boost on the Fomar(or is it only S/D, please correct me if I'm wrong), I can actually take a hit if it happens. He's a balanced out Melee/Caster, so I can switch anytime between hitting (though Angry Fist is better for casting, obviously) and casting.

Now, I haven't had the chance to get a Ranger to Ulty yet, and I've only got one(RAcast), and I personally find it boring sometimes.

Then again, I mostly use a Frozen Shooter, a Justy, and a Varista. :lol:

As for Falz, either way, he's gonna be a dick about things, no matter what.

AlexCraig
Oct 24, 2008, 03:00 AM
You know, there is only one solution to this issue. Splash must get a high level Cast and Nisoth must get a high level Force, and the two of them must time each other to see who kills Ulty Falz faster.

Splash
Oct 24, 2008, 03:46 AM
It's not a matter of proving it, because quite frankly I could just link to a Time Attack topic and there is your proof right there.

What I don't understand is how someone could say that spamming techniques in Ultimate is faster than killing by some set of weapons, in particular with weapons that clearly outdamage it more. FOnewns I can understand since they are nukers, FOnewearls I could understand since they have a very high MST, but FOmars and FOmarls? Now that is just odd.

Anyways, I'm not saying that FOnewns can't clear rooms fast, because they can, with respect to offline. A max MST FOnewn, with Red Merge and a Psycho Wand equipped can do over 600 damage to an offline Arlan. A max ATP RAcast with max Twins PB Shifta (about Lv22), Zalure Lv33 from an S-rank, and 100% dark on a Spread Needle couldn't even match up to that damage unless it was a critical hit. Now if it was 100% dark Charge Arms that would be a different story. But I'll walk away from that for now.

EDIT: That, and I like to mention that Dark Falz is also about luck, hoping that it doesn't move around so much.

Nisoth
Oct 24, 2008, 02:26 PM
There is no "super strategy". My point is that you are trying to make the battle last shorter, not drag it out so that it can launch more attacks on you. For a low level character, you will get knocked down, and this point is where you can get an invicibility period which you can take advantage of. You and I both know that Dark Falz's attacks are random. There is no way to escape every moment of damage. The point is to reduce the amount of moments that you would actually get damaged. And don't tell me that the attacks can't be dodged. Because they can sometimes.
Right, and I'm saying that forces do it better at lower levels, and androids do it better at higher levels.

So now you are trying to throw in conditions. Explain specifically what your "decked out" force would contain. Max MST? High level techs?
If you take two lvl 100 characters (let's say a RAcast and a FOmar), Give them each optimum equipment, max out techs, mags, etc. - or even don't give them optimum equipment. Just give them what they need to survive, and some reasonable weapons, level 100 mags, level 20 techs. I believe the force will be able to kill Falz faster. Bear in mind I only play offline. I don't have an online adapter, and I'm sure I'm wrong when it comes to online play.

If this was so true, assumingly they are both equal level, why the heck are FOnewns are not able to beat a faster time than a RAcast's time when they both go for a full Ultimate TTF run solo?
Probably because TTF is an online quest.

Are you saying this from a max MST point of view or the level base MST (no modifications such as units or mags) point of view?
With use of a mind mag, tech units (thereby maxing tech levels), Mind units, class bonuses, merges, and weapon bonuses, a force come much closer to the maximum potential damage much sooner than an android. The reason that forces can do this is because raising tech levels is something that androids can't emulate in any way. It's an extra damage boost for forces. Also, android have to worry about ATA, which drains points from ATP, where forces do not.

Splash
Oct 25, 2008, 04:21 AM
If you take two lvl 100 characters (let's say a RAcast and a FOmar), Give them each optimum equipment, max out techs, mags, etc. - or even don't give them optimum equipment. Just give them what they need to survive, and some reasonable weapons, level 100 mags, level 20 techs. I believe the force will be able to kill Falz faster. Bear in mind I only play offline. I don't have an online adapter, and I'm sure I'm wrong when it comes to online play.
For both characters, at Lv100, they require the need to max out the usage of HP materials to be able to survive all set damage attacks done by Dark Falz.

Incidentally, I don't have a RAcast or a FOmar to test this out. Even then, RAcast is a Ranger, and is therefore, not sufficient in ATP thus comparing those two is rather unbalanced. A fairer comparison would be a HUcaseal and a FOmar, since HUcaseal is a Hunter, which is more advance in ATP with respect to at LV100. Furthermore, for simplicity's sake, suppose only minimum stat conditions were given. That is, no modifications in base stats (parenthesis number) and only base stats for Lv100 are used. As such, given FOnewn's MST at Lv100, which is 598, he is allowed to use any technique provided the pre-requesite is equal to or below that amount. Likewise for a HUcaseal, she can't use any weapons which require ATA higher than 144 or ATP higher than 567. HUcaseal also requires a God/Battle, to match up nearly to FOnewn's barehanded casting speed. Finally, since FOnewns get a boost in some techniques, any weapon that the HUcaseal uses (again, within the limits) will have at least 30% dark on it.

Under these circumstances, I would say that FOnewn has a far better chance at beating Dark Falz than a HUcaseal. Simply put, HUcaseal doesn't have optimal equipment to be able to kill Dark Falz in an amount of time before all mates are used up. Drain Railgun won't really help either since there will be multiple attacks launched and there generally isn't enough time to use it.

In essence, what an android needs is some form of specific equipment sets such that it wouldn't require so much time to kill Dark Falz. And again, no Resta so that puts it at a limitation, whereas a Force has no limitation except until all fluids and mates are used. Once an android has an optimal equipment set, an android will kill faster than a Force.

Probably because TTF is an online quest.
You could use Soul of Steel as an alternative. The character which can past through the last part with the most amount of time left on the clock is clearly faster.

With use of a mind mag, tech units (thereby maxing tech levels), Mind units, class bonuses, merges, and weapon bonuses, a force come much closer to the maximum potential damage much sooner than an android. The reason that forces can do this is because raising tech levels is something that androids can't emulate in any way. It's an extra damage boost for forces. Also, android have to worry about ATA, which drains points from ATP, where forces do not.
ATA is negligible to a certain extent since hit weapons provide for the missing ATA. And while it seems impossible to have a weapon with a high amount so that it works decently, technically, it is possible. As examples, it is quite possible for me to get a 80h Gush Raygun, and it is quite possible for me to get a 90h Charge Vulcan.

Since ATA is negligible, what matters then is ATP. I will admit that techniques do come to a max extent much faster than ATP can, but only for lower difficulties. If you want to include everything else, I could say the same for an android carrying a 5/195/0/0 mag (which is utterly pathetic, but for this case, ATA is negligible for the reason I said above), at max ATP, and is using some form of 100% attribute weapon with some moderately high percent on it. Honestly, if you really want to go for a max system, a max MST FOnewn will never be able to reach the damage that, say, a max HUcaseal will be able to provide. Androids can emulate it, and for that matter, does it even better when sacrificial specials are involved. A max ATP HUcast using a Vjaya special is very scary.

Again, Forces are only able to push to a limit before ATP becomes dominant. Forces are fast beginner growers, Hunters are slow beginner growers, and Rangers are even more slow beginner growers.

halibabica
Oct 26, 2008, 06:09 AM
Whew, that's a lot of technical stuff...but, backing away from the nitty-gritty a little...

I've never had an easier time with Ulty Falz offline than with my FOnewm. He killed it faster and at lower levels than both my HUmar and RAcaseal. I suppose the reason for it was that in the final form, the FOnewm can put up the best constant assault on Falz. He can hit with spells anytime Falz is around the middle of the ring. HU's and RA's need a projectile to hit Falz anywhere, since it's movements are so sporadic. And, unless that projectile's elemental or drain, they can only hurt it half the time.

So, while I'll agree that HU's and RA's can kill Falz quickly (maybe even more quickly than a Force), a Force would still have the easiest time of it, and be able to do it at much lower levels than other classes.

Of course, there are so many variables to consider in this argument, that there's almost no point in arguing it. Endless possibilities need to be considered before one could be solidly proven over another.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 26, 2008, 05:10 PM
Again, Forces are only able to push to a limit before ATP becomes dominant.

The reasons for this are fairly simple. It's too bad ST didn't take a second look at them.

MST - Weapons that add MST place the point bonuses within your character's base MST. Basically they'll never be able to exceed their max possible MST at 200 regardless of what they equip. If they could, this could open the door for more power on forces, and higher MST bonus items.

On the other hand, a hunter's ATP is stacked onto weapon ATP to determine total ATP. It should be this way for MST too so forces aren't left in the dust.

Enemy resistances, especially in episode one are just too high. Enemy weaknesses are a minimum of 35% reduction. While they have 60% to 80% in another element and immunity to one or two others.

Balance could have been achieved if say, a single tech could do to an enemy the same amount of damage as one or two Heavy attacks at once. My FOmarl back on GC could do 600+ damage to a bartle with Foie, but why bother when she can do 400 per hit with her S-Rank twin + S/D to an un J/Z'd Bartle. With her casting speed, My fomarl can only get off about 3 foie in the time it takes for her to do a full double saber combo.

Because of this, I did have my FOmarl switch attack strategies between techs and melee/shooting against falz, but the problem with this is I can do the exact same thing with my HUnewearl and get the same result if not somewhat better. Furthermore, she still has access to weapons that my FOmarl does not.

Splash
Oct 26, 2008, 07:11 PM
I've never had an easier time with Ulty Falz offline than with my FOnewm. He killed it faster and at lower levels than both my HUmar and RAcaseal. I suppose the reason for it was that in the final form, the FOnewm can put up the best constant assault on Falz. He can hit with spells anytime Falz is around the middle of the ring. HU's and RA's need a projectile to hit Falz anywhere, since it's movements are so sporadic. And, unless that projectile's elemental or drain, they can only hurt it half the time.

So, while I'll agree that HU's and RA's can kill Falz quickly (maybe even more quickly than a Force), a Force would still have the easiest time of it, and be able to do it at much lower levels than other classes.

Right, which is essentially true. The fact that a non-android has Resta makes things easier, it does not necessarily make it faster. Even RAmar's lousy Resta puts him over an edge of any android.

The other thing is that MST is a fast grower and a Force is capable of using any weapon that requires MST as a requirement by Lv100, provided specific requirements are met (i.e. 5/0/0/195 mag). A Hunter has to wait for the ATP to rise, while concentrating on ATA at the same time. The ATA issue could be resolved by giving the Hunter a high hit weapon. Then ATP issue becomes the issue, and Hunters need strong weapons to be able to actually pull off any damage well.

MST - Weapons that add MST place the point bonuses within your character's base MST. Basically they'll never be able to exceed their max possible MST at 200 regardless of what they equip. If they could, this could open the door for more power on forces, and higher MST bonus items.

On the other hand, a hunter's ATP is stacked onto weapon ATP to determine total ATP. It should be this way for MST too so forces aren't left in the dust.

Enemy resistances, especially in episode one are just too high. Enemy weaknesses are a minimum of 35% reduction. While they have 60% to 80% in another element and immunity to one or two others.

Balance could have been achieved if say, a single tech could do to an enemy the same amount of damage as one or two Heavy attacks at once. My FOmarl back on GC could do 600+ damage to a bartle with Foie, but why bother when she can do 400 per hit with her S-Rank twin + S/D to an un J/Z'd Bartle. With her casting speed, My fomarl can only get off about 3 foie in the time it takes for her to do a full double saber combo.

Because of this, I did have my FOmarl switch attack strategies between techs and melee/shooting against falz, but the problem with this is I can do the exact same thing with my HUnewearl and get the same result if not somewhat better. Furthermore, she still has access to weapons that my FOmarl does not.
Good points. And I am fairly certain that if the reduction due to resistance was not so high and the MST is overlapped by weapon like ATP is, Forces would clearly be the dominant one, if not at least rivaling the damage that a Hunter can do with a weapon. It could be worthwhile to note that there is no technique that can actually raise the damage power of techniques/lower elemental resistance on monsters whereas weapons have Shifta and Zalure for additional damage.