PDA

View Full Version : I have a theory, but i need your input

W0LB0T
Oct 20, 2008, 02:03 PM
My theory is this: you will find a larger majority of bad drivers on the roads during weekends that on weekdays. which i have named "Dick Driving Weekends"

This is something i have been observing with keen intent (well untill some shit happens which cound have made me crash then I'n not so keen)

I wanna know if any one else has observed this kind of behaviour.

SabZero
Oct 20, 2008, 02:07 PM
Duh. People on the weekends are like "it's not a work day, so I won't watch the road at all", worse when it's sunny. "I'll just pretend I'm lying on the beach, aahhhh" while driving. Sheesh...

P.S.: check your visitor area.

Sayara
Oct 20, 2008, 02:22 PM
True but not for what you say Sab.

Weekend have people who are usually new to the area they're driving *tourists* so they are not as focus to the road as to say their location

MetaZedlen
Oct 20, 2008, 02:42 PM
This theory is plausible, unless you live where I do, where EVERYBODY on the road is a dumbass... no matter what day it is...

Sord
Oct 20, 2008, 03:09 PM
A lot more people are on the roads on weekends because they aren't at work, so there are more idiots out and about throughout the day

Leviathan
Oct 20, 2008, 04:00 PM
Yes.
You hear more about accidents on weekends than weekdays.

It gets even worse during holidays.
I almost got hit by a car.

Kylie
Oct 20, 2008, 05:26 PM
Kiddies don't have school the next day or homework to worry about. Driving is at its absolute worse on weekend nights and summer nights for the same reasons + drinking and college kids. Although, I'll stress that you don't have to be young to be an idiot driver, and not all youngens are idiot drivers.

Ketchup345
Oct 20, 2008, 05:38 PM
Weekends, Holidays (especially summer ones: Memorial Day-Labor Day/school move in), and full moons seem to be the worst for me.

Makes me traveling to work horrible, since my hours are usually Sat&Sun 12PM-8PM and requires me to drive through hell. Hell of course being one of the main highway connectors in New England. Out of staters make up a majority of vehicles I see on my way to work on Sat and on way home Sun, and none of them seem to know how this particular area's necessary traffic patterns.

Sharkyland
Oct 20, 2008, 06:28 PM
Working for the USPS (driving around in my CRV)... everyday I see bad drivers ('cept holidays 'cause we're off).

Most common things I see:
- Not looking left or right (this includes pedestrians too)
- Not knowing what a solid white line is on the ground for
- Rolling through stop signs
- Cutting into the other lane (sometimes 2) while turning

KaFKa
Oct 22, 2008, 09:27 AM
Idiots pervade every facet of life.

...driving just happens to be where idiocy can be fatal.