PDA

View Full Version : PSP New Mission: Assault! Strange Creature Report

Chris28
Oct 21, 2008, 07:09 AM
has anybody had any luck with this mission? I've found those yellow sparkly balls that give you a message, but in 5 runs i haven't had any rare spawns yet. Anybody have any information on this mission?

mac.apple
Oct 21, 2008, 08:39 AM
I had also still no S and no rare map. :-(
HELP!

Chris28
Oct 21, 2008, 09:52 AM
I just encountered the "Cowardly Kogg Nadd" spawn on block 4. One appears and you have to wait for the other 2 to appear before you attack them. I got S rank for the mission.

I think i encountered "The Triangle" spawn in block 2 but I don't understand what to do for it.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 21, 2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah, the only one I've got so far was 'the triangle'.
The entrance to block 2 is full of Shagreece instead of Vanda, then in the main room a message pops up and then 1 Shagreece and 2 Kakwane spawned.
I'm in it right now, wondering what to do...

Well I went with "kill the enemy there is the most of" for whatever reason and it worked, so heres what to do:

2 Kakwane and 1 Shagreece spawn = Kill 2 Kakwane
\/
2 Shagreece and 1 Bul Buna = Kill 2 Shagreece

After that 1 Kakwane, 1 Shagreece and 1 Bul Buna appear (I guess thats 'The Triangle' 3 enemies, one of each) and all automatically die, room complete!

Chris28
Oct 21, 2008, 01:23 PM
that makes sense to me. I think my problem was that I had 3 NPC with me and you really can't control their attacks and they were killing the wrong enemies. I hope I get that spawn again so I can try it out.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 21, 2008, 05:31 PM
I've seen that yellow orb with the message now a few times in different areas, I'm guessing it gives you hints as to what to do in the 3 special rooms, as it always says the same thing.
I've yet to get the other spawns yet though... >.<

Apparently once you've cleared all 3 special rooms the bonus box at the end that usually gives Tension Blaster / Tension Blasters will then give Electro Distortion / Twin Distortion!

D14BL0
Oct 21, 2008, 07:45 PM
So what are you supposed to do for this mission? I've run through it a few times and it seems like it's just an extra level. Aside from some things you had to shoot out of trees for items, I didn't notice anything special about this mission.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 21, 2008, 08:01 PM
Its supposed to be a mission about creatures showing up in places they shouldnt, its good way to see a varied amount of monsters in one mission actually.
The secret part is that sometimes one (or more) of the four blocks will be replaced with an unusual block which has a sort of goal, eg. defeat enemies in the correct order, defeat only certain types of enemy. You'll know when you get one as a message will flash through the middle of the screen.
If you get an A rank at the end you didnt get a secret room, the only way to get S rank is to get at least 1 secret room, you get a Photon Sphere as a reward aswell as a bonus box which will contain Tension Blaster/s (Ulala's gun from Space Channel 5) plus if you complete all 3 secret rooms (taking as many runs as you like, it records when you've beat a room) the bonus box yields even more rewards.
PLUS on top of that theres a rare spawn for this mission where you get (rather appropriately) Rappies AND Jaggos!

So theres actually a heck of a lot to do in this mission, get to work!

D14BL0
Oct 21, 2008, 08:27 PM
Does it matter what order you do the blocks in? Because at the first fork, I've always gone to 2, and it takes me from 2 to 4, skipping 3.

Clunker
Oct 21, 2008, 08:38 PM
I've seen that yellow orb with the message now a few times in different areas, I'm guessing it gives you hints as to what to do in the 3 special rooms, as it always says the same thing.
I've yet to get the other spawns yet though... >.<

Apparently once you've cleared all 3 special rooms the bonus box at the end that usually gives Tension Blaster / Tension Blasters will then give Electro Distortion / Twin Distortion!

Electro Distortion? Twin Distortion?? Familiar with Tension Blaster, but not these two...

They don't seem to be in the Database here - anyone know if they've been snapshot'd by someone yet?

EspioKaos
Oct 21, 2008, 08:46 PM
Here you go:

http://psupedia.info/PSP:Twin_Distortion
http://psupedia.info/PSP:Electistortion

Amherst_Wind
Oct 21, 2008, 08:57 PM
Does it matter what order you do the blocks in? Because at the first fork, I've always gone to 2, and it takes me from 2 to 4, skipping 3.

You can do 2 or 3 first, but once you've done the one you chose hit the crystal at the end and warp back to block 1 so you can do the block you didnt choose also.

So its

1 > 2 > back to 1 > 3 > 4

if you want to do them in order.

D14BL0
Oct 21, 2008, 09:55 PM
You can do 2 or 3 first, but once you've done the one you chose hit the crystal at the end and warp back to block 1 so you can do the block you didnt choose also.

So its

1 > 2 > back to 1 > 3 > 4

if you want to do them in order.

So the order doesn't matter, as long as 2 and 3 are both completed before you complete 4? Am I following correctly?

D14BL0
Oct 21, 2008, 10:18 PM
Alright, figured that out. Thanks for the tips.

Now what's this prize I get when I go back to my room?

Chris28
Oct 22, 2008, 05:02 AM
you probably reached some sort of title. What item did you recieve?