PDA

View Full Version : Finding Rappies in Offline Mode

Maity
Oct 21, 2008, 11:54 PM
I've been trying to find rappies offline and have been doing Scarred Planet S runs, but I can never seem to get the stage combination that PSUpedia has listed. I want to ask, are there any differences between the spawn variations for offline and online mode for the rare monster stages?

Thanks in advance guys!

Blue-Hawk
Oct 22, 2008, 07:31 AM
Confirmed. NO rare enemies in offline mode. At least that's what my version tells me. Lv 126/16 cast hunter, lv 86/6 human force and two other lv 20-30+ characters and never a rare enemy. And I've seen the rare maps appear.

CelestialBlade
Oct 22, 2008, 09:00 AM
I tend to find rappies a lot in Sleeping Warriors. One dropped a Holy Ray for me on C :P

rogue_robot
Oct 25, 2008, 09:01 AM
Rare enemies do exist offline, it's been confirmed (some pictures on display toward the bottom of this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=161112&forum=22&4) page); it's just a pain to find the spawns you want.

I don't know how many Jaggos I slaughtered back when I first got AotI and went on a De Rol Le killing spree, for old times' sake. Of course, my character in that was ~Lv30, and I wasn't even looking for them or their drops.

...Hill of Spores, though (and presumably Electronic Brain as well) - those maps I believe to have their rare variants locked offline, or just set to some impossibly rare frequency. In what must of been 50+ runs of nothing but uninterrupted HoS (varying between C, A, and S), charting out (and eventually, I will confess, memorizing, though I have since forgotten) each and every enemy spawn so that even the slightest hint to a rare variant would be a gigantic neon sign to me - and still no Jigoboomas.

mizukage
Oct 29, 2008, 03:33 PM
Don't remember finding any. Its been awhile since I left the game just before the start of the Final Chapter. All I need to do is beat the last chapter and everything will be unlocked. After that, I will go search for the rare items and equipment. For now, I don't have time to play the game. I am guessing that I will find the answer to this question before the end of spring next year. :D