PDA

View Full Version : Runescape.

Newman_Gh0st
Oct 22, 2008, 07:33 AM
Anyone play or used to play?

Kizeragi
Oct 22, 2008, 07:39 AM
Have to admit that I did. Only played for 2-3 months though, mainly because it was the game of choice at my high school.

McLaughlin
Oct 22, 2008, 07:44 AM
I'm ashamed to admit I did play at one time.

No longer.

Midicronica
Oct 22, 2008, 08:44 AM
I played it for about an hour before getting disgusted with it way back in junior high.

Kylie
Oct 22, 2008, 11:49 AM
I did for a while (my character was like LV80), but I was basically in between games at that point. I liked it because it was free (mostly)and didn't require any downloads. I lost interest though because, well, it blew.

Feelmirath
Oct 22, 2008, 12:50 PM
That thing's still alive?

Midicronica
Oct 22, 2008, 01:15 PM
http://kotaku.com/5066883/runescape-theft-lands-dutch-duo-in-hot-water

Looks like the Dutch are still playing RuneScape.

MetaZedlen
Oct 22, 2008, 01:32 PM
Oh boy...

I used to play it until half way through Senior year, until EVERYTHING in that game got too strict.

Now, the Grand Exchange WAS a good idea, same thing with the duel arena, but putting a piss-poor low limit on the gold you can wager was a dumbass idea.

DLShAdOw
Oct 23, 2008, 04:50 PM
I played it about 8 years ago. It sucked.

Toadthroat
Oct 23, 2008, 05:10 PM
I've played it.
Never got a character past level 20.
Though I've known some people to grind on that game pretty hardcore.
I even know this one guy that says RS has better graphics than WoW.

SStrikerR
Oct 23, 2008, 05:20 PM
I've played it.
Never got a character past level 20.
Though I've known some people to grind on that game pretty hardcore.
I even know this one guy that says RS has better graphics than WoW.
I tried Runescape before, and I DID play it for a while, although only when the TV was taken. (Which was when I didn't realize I could just be an ass and say no when my sister wanted to use it)
I've also seen WoW when I was with a friend, and Toadthroat, go tell that dude to get a better hobby.

McLaughlin
Oct 23, 2008, 05:30 PM
Or some functional eyes.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 23, 2008, 05:53 PM
I could start an entire rant about how Runescape is a shit game, but I won't.

(See: My First MMORPG [AKA=I DON'T HAVE TASTE IN GAEMS LAWL])

UnderscoreX
Oct 23, 2008, 06:41 PM
I remember some kid in highschool telling me Runescape was the utmost in cool games at the time, so I tried it. Got up to the part where you're forced to fish to proceed or something. yeh no.

Kizeragi
Oct 23, 2008, 07:43 PM
I remember some kid in highschool telling me Runescape was the utmost in cool games at the time, so I tried it. Got up to the part where you're forced to fish to proceed or something. yeh no.

Same here pretty much. It was ok at the start, but after a certain level (I was 87 I think) you need like 700,000+ exp for one skill level (4 combat skill levels = 1 level up) and you get about 100 exp a fight, HELL NO.

I don't understand how anyone can watch the fight animation too... It's just attack/block/attack/block/special attack(if member)/repeat :disapprove:

But sadly at least the game worked, got updates, had a decent economy, unlike PSU. <_<;;

Split
Oct 23, 2008, 07:49 PM
Runescape.No.