PDA

View Full Version : Belras.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Oct 22, 2008, 02:26 PM
Tower of caleum. Opponent goes first, gets swod and can only play dice +1 along with rich.

Your turn; After rolling a seven, opening hand is Monest, deldepth delbiter gibbles zonde and some sort of belra.

*narrators voice*

SET!

VR-Raiden
Oct 22, 2008, 02:47 PM
belra for teh lolz ^^

lol awesome topic

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 22, 2008, 05:26 PM
Indi Belra is great for a pre-emptive. If you have a ton of action cards, Indi Belra + is even better.

T0m
Oct 29, 2008, 07:20 AM
I'd say that in Caelum you don't really need the larger range of Indi Belra+
But the action cards might make it less susceptible to the fairly common TP defense.
Anyway, I think I would stay clear from that map, as an Arkz.

Cranberry
Oct 29, 2008, 04:07 PM
Indi Belra is a nice strong monster. It's also common for newer players too as its often the first 6 cost monster they receive.

Sharkyland
Oct 29, 2008, 10:56 PM
I never get this lucky.

VR-Raiden
Oct 29, 2008, 11:17 PM
Man I remember the first Dark Belra I found. I was like :o SO AWESOME!! 10 AP?? :lol:

Mixfortune
Dec 5, 2008, 07:46 AM
That was fun for S-ranking a while in offline. Otherwise, eh.

Shadowpawn
Dec 5, 2008, 09:53 PM
Belras aren't really that great. Sure they have high AP but they are limited to just one column. Any smart player can easily find a way to dispatch a Belra.

VR-Raiden
Dec 6, 2008, 02:49 AM
It's not really as simple as that but I agree as far as Dark Belra's, there isn't much use for them.

I didn't like using Dark/Indi for a few reasons, namely that they're pricy, can't use AC cards, and have 0 TP.

Indi + however is godlike XD

Shadowpawn
Dec 15, 2008, 04:52 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1845&version=v4&sortby=card_number

^ That guy? Easy to dispatch. Look at his HP, all you need is a something like aergis shield to negate damage or something to reflect his damage back at him and he's either dead or close to death. Either that or any hunter with a rifle can knock him down.

Now, a monster I personally love on the field is this:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=listarticles&secid=145

HP: 12

AP: 5

And he has no movement cost at all (he gains movement points as he kills enemies, so in theory he can cover the entire map) and he can rampage a story character if they have more than one item equipped. He's so broken, he's borken. (Just like in the game. :wacko:)

Actually, I take that back:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1783&version=v4&sortby=card_number

THIS dude is borken. 9 MV off the bat, TP: 8, can wrap anywhere and gives all monster on the field (sans SCs) a boost of 2 TP. With a magic oriented set up, he can be devestating (Think about it, him and Rafoie. @_@)

T0m
Dec 16, 2008, 07:06 AM
You're probably missing the point of the Indi+. They're not dangerous because of their 0 AP obviously, but because they have such a large range and ability to use action cards with fixed range at a relatively low cost. It can deliver annoying status effects to a lot of enemies at once, when properly positioned.
Also, Aegis card is only applicable against cards with a blue, or a purple resist bar. And those cards weren't used too often. (You'd probably be able to use cancel a bit more often. However, it wasn't argued that it was impossible to defend against the Belra. There's a defense card for every card, except cards with Limited Action, after all.)

Your link to the monster you love is as borken as you feel the monster is in-game.. :p But from your description I'd say you are talking about Chaos Bringer+. A card that I really haven't seen being used much. So I guess having 0 MV to start with doesn't do it any favours. And Heavy Rampage actually is a double sided sword. Useful against Story Characters with 3 or more items, but also setting it up for the 2 cost Punch Guard, even when the Bringer attacks a single card.

A Gran Sorcerer is powerful indeed. But then again, it does cost 6 points to set, so you would expect nothing less. You'd need a team match to get the most out of the Full TP Assist, but it's nice that the Gran also TP assists itself.
Anyway, like with all decks built around high cost cards, you're vulnerable when you can't get that high costing ace on the field.

Shadowpawn
Dec 16, 2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah but you easily get around the MV 0 thing. Just use a action card on it and he's most likey kill something then not. It's a bonus if there is a group around him, 3 kills equal 3 MV on the next turn. All you got to do is defend him with cheap monsters like the rappies or those cani-something and you got youself a bonafide SC-killer (sans the problem with the Punch Guard but you can easily goad a player into using it on another monster).

Yeah, Indi+ with action cards with status effects can be devestating but in order to get that set up you at least need two turns (IIRC you can't use a monster the first time you summon it.) If a hunter is near you when you summon him chances are he's going after the Indi+ first, and with 5 HP you better hope you have a defense card lined up.

I always thought the Arkz cards had too many holes in their defense, when I used to play the game I kinda prefered Hunters due to how solid some of thier set ups can be.

VR-Raiden
Dec 16, 2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah, Indi+ with action cards with status effects can be devestating but in order to get that set up you at least need two turns (IIRC you can't use a monster the first time you summon it.) If a hunter is near you when you summon him chances are he's going after the Indi+ first, and with 5 HP you better hope you have a defense card lined up.

T0m pretty much explained it, it's really not as simple as "oh well if they do this, then it loses." If you go into that, you can explain why any card in the game is beatable. Reminds me of when people saw others complain about low cost spam and said "Just use Virus." It's like, gee thanks, I had no idea virus would kill them all. too bad it has to be in your hand, let alone deck first. and dice must provide -.-

It's understood that a hunter being close to the arkz is a bad thing, that doesn't have anything to do with how useful an Indi + is. It has 5 HP because if it didn't have bad HP/AP, there would be almost nothing wrong with it. (Honestly, I can see it having less HP)

I would say Indi + is strongest if used in teams, but that's probably no surprise. If you have a partner to help protect you and your Indi +(s), it's a devastating monster.

I was only comparing the 3 Belra's with each other btw. Gran Sorcerer is of course another godly card XD

and as long as you have the points, you can attack with a monster you set in the same turn.