PDA

View Full Version : Seriously PSOw, what the crap? Black Ice by AC/DC

TheOneHero
Oct 23, 2008, 12:45 AM
'Black Ice' came out two days ago and still no thread?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, 'Black Ice' is AC/DC's first album in eight years. Now go buy it, you communists.

Album's great, each song I've heard is brilliant. I'm cheap so I've only listened to it on YouTube, but definitely picking it up when I get some cash. :)

Kent
Oct 23, 2008, 12:48 AM
...Huh.

I had heard they released it, but I hadn't heard what the name of it was. >_>

funnymatt
Oct 23, 2008, 02:55 AM
I think it's because most posters on here aren't old enough to remember the last time AC/DC put out an album. I, however, have been enjoying this disc, and I think Runaway Train will be a memorable addition to their catalog of hits. I was also happy to plunk down $110 for my ticket to see them in December.

Neith
Oct 23, 2008, 09:44 AM
I heard their latest song (Rock 'N' Roll Train, I think it's called?) and wasn't exactly blown away. To be honest, if I had to use one word to describe it, it would be 'generic'. Not a bad song by any means, but it wasn't enough to make me want the album. Still, I'll probably give the other songs a listen anyway. I've never been a huge AC/DC fan though, so my view is somewhat biased.

Mind, at least they don't seem as desperate to stay 'in the game' as Metallica. Can't get much more generic than recent Metallica if you tried :disapprove:

Cracka_J
Oct 23, 2008, 10:08 AM
I agree with Neith. I actually am a big classic rock fan, and AC/DC is one of my favorites. However, that Rock n Roll Train song (they never even say "rock n roll train" in the song...believe all they say is runaway train...) is at best on par with maybe a song from Jet...not exactly what you'd expect out of rock legends.

But no, I haven't yet listened to the album, so I can't comment on that. I'll do what the OP suggested and check out some of the other tracks on youtube.

CelestialBlade
Oct 23, 2008, 10:23 AM
I don't really care for classic rock myself, but I look at it the same way I look at anything new Metallica has released: It's not bad, but it's not what I'm used to hearing so I can't get myself to say it's awesome. I'm getting a little tired of bands well past their prime still trying to put out new stuff. Not saying the music can't be good in and of itself, but for those of us who have heard their music in their prime, it's just never going to sound as good as it may deserve.

DLShAdOw
Oct 23, 2008, 04:44 PM
AC/DC = Bleh. At least their name is useful to remember what a power supply does in a computer! Converts AC to DC! :D

TheOneHero
Oct 23, 2008, 04:45 PM
AC/DC = Bleh. At least their name is useful to remember what a power supply does in a computer! Converts AC to DC! :D

Get out of here, you filthy commie! :disapprove:

Finished up the album last night, very pleased, going to buy it tomorrow. :3

Split
Oct 23, 2008, 05:52 PM
AC/DC is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad

KodiaX987
Oct 23, 2008, 08:18 PM
Why listen to Black Ice when I can listen to Shook Me All Night Long (AC DC - You Shook Me All Night Long (The Lost Fingers Remix).mp3)? :wacko:

Fure_Rakune
Oct 24, 2008, 01:12 AM
Never liked em myself.
As iconic as they are, the singer is just downright irritating to me.

CelestialBlade
Oct 24, 2008, 08:50 AM
Never liked em myself.
As iconic as they are, the singer is just downright irritating to me.
That's how I feel about most classic rock.

EJ
Oct 28, 2008, 07:23 PM
I knew they came out with a new album but still havent got the chnce to hear any of their new songs to give a comment yet.

It's AC/DC so I'm hoping their new songs are like their old ones.

mizukage
Oct 29, 2008, 10:07 PM
AC/DC is awesome! :)