PDA

View Full Version : new scans

Arika
Oct 23, 2008, 06:01 AM
nothing much, just to paste 2 new scans for PSZ

http://www.gconsole.com/newstaff/phantasy0/ps0scan.jpg

-this mentiond new range weapon called "gunslash","shield" and "bear hands"
-gunslash = when you attack enemy from far, it is a gun. when you attack enemy near you, it will slash as blade.
-shield, you know use for protection, but you can also thrust enemy.
-bear hands, it including kick!
-a few weapons design are showing here. the one that look like triangle is slicer.
http://www.gconsole.com/newstaff/phantasy0/ps0scan1.jpg

-this scans just show some picture for character customization, multi-players mode, and rare weapon
-node that you can choose mag color.

raikomaru40
Oct 23, 2008, 06:40 AM
bear hands

Sweet, finally my right to 'bear arms' is enacted in a game.

Saphion
Oct 23, 2008, 07:47 AM
Can't wait to see what the new slicer design looks like in action.

Risingsun
Oct 23, 2008, 08:15 AM
I was just about to post these. Anyway, can anyone translate the character creation options or any other fun things from the article?

Gurou-kun
Oct 23, 2008, 08:46 AM
I was hoping these were better scans than the ones posted over Gonintendo, anyway
The customization options are:

- Head type (4)
- Hair color (3)
- Costume color (5)
- Skin color (3)
- Voice type [8]
- Mag color (5)

It also says that is possible to leave your character unvoiced (thank god), unfortunately you can't adjust the proportions.

Risingsun
Oct 23, 2008, 08:52 AM
Hey, great thanks.
I thought you could also change eye color since the HUmar here has green eyes and i could swear I saw blue eyes on on the HUmar in this scan: http://i35.tinypic.com/ig90g9.jpg
I guess its tied to head or hair color

EspioKaos
Oct 23, 2008, 09:30 AM
The rare weapons they show on the second page include:

* Double Saber
* Double Scythe
* Eight Ounce (boxing gloves, nice!)
* Pretty Parasol
* Olga Claw
* Red Saber

EDIT: I just noticed something odd about how they categorize the weapon types on the first page.

Striking
* Swords
* Spears
* Sabers
* Double sabers
* Claws
* Daggers
* Shield

Ranged
* Handguns
* Machineguns
* Launchers
* Rifles
* Bazookas
* Gunslash

Magic
* Rods
* Wands
* Slicers

Wait... what? Slicers are now magic-type? o_o

Niered
Oct 23, 2008, 10:56 AM

This is an interesting development. Assuming that they behave roughly the same as their PSO counterparts, then what we have is a ranged weapon capable of using techniques! I dont play forces myself, but that is pretty cool.

Also, I just realized we rangers are getting Launchers AND Bazookas, a good thing too, considering that the only thing I actually enjoyed about being a Ranger in PSU was those launchers!

Percival
Oct 23, 2008, 12:53 PM
Somehow, I would have expected Bows to show up in this version. Especially with the "wild west" atmosphere.

Love the bayonet look of the gunslash. Also love the potential of the shields. Wonder if they'll be low POW weapons but with high DEF/EVA bonus. I hope they come into different sizes and shape. (Give us the Standstill for nostalgia's sake)

Edit: What weapon type is the one in the second row/first column? The one that looks like a Kukri or machette? No pic of a spear? I hope spears are better than the partisans in PSO. (The ones I used felt like weaker versions of swords)

Kent
Oct 23, 2008, 02:10 PM
Magic
* Rods
* Wands
* Slicers

...Now I'm intrigued. Can we get a translation of the text above the shown weapon categorizations, or is that just a basic "There are a bunch of weapons, here are the basic types" sort of thing?

Shiroyu
Oct 23, 2008, 02:28 PM
Edit: What weapon type is the one in the second row/first column? The one that looks like a Kukri or machette? No pic of a spear? I hope spears are better than the partisans in PSO. (The ones I used felt like weaker versions of swords)

That would be the saber. The thing next to the sword is the spear.

I get the impression that since they decided to go from lance to spear, it now does heavy but slow damage to one target, with a multi-hitting attack for a photon art.

Also, it seems that weapon boxes are now gold. O_o In the screen above the guns, it shows an Iron Spear in a gold box.

EspioKaos
Oct 23, 2008, 02:36 PM
...Now I'm intrigued. Can we get a translation of the text above the shown weapon categorizations, or is that just a basic "There are a bunch of weapons, here are the basic types" sort of thing?

Yeah, just some filler. In short, it says there are 16 categories, over 350 individual weapons in the game, gunslashers and shields are two new categories and you can fight barehanded if you'd like.

Percival
Oct 23, 2008, 02:39 PM
That would be the saber. The thing next to the sword is the spear.

Wow. I got that all wrong. Thanks for the info. Doesn't look like a spear at all. Shouldn't it be long pole, short blade and not the opposite? No biggie, I'm putting too much thoughts into this.

The saber look is interesting but it looks even less like a saber than before (hence my previous kukri/machette question). Maybe they should have made it look like a cavalry saber to stay on theme, ;)

Kent
Oct 23, 2008, 02:52 PM
Wow. I got that all wrong. Thanks for the info. Doesn't look like a spear at all. Shouldn't it be long pole, short blade and not the opposite? No biggie, I'm putting too much thoughts into this.

The saber look is interesting but it looks even less like a saber than before (hence my previous kukri/machette question). Maybe they should have made it look like a cavalry saber to stay on theme, ;)
I think the idea with this picture, at least, is that it's more like a lance than a spear. It may just be prevalent in the specific Spear-type weapon they chose for the picture, however.

Aumi
Oct 23, 2008, 03:24 PM
I was hoping these were better scans than the ones posted over Gonintendo, anyway
The customization options are:

- Head type (4)
- Hair color (3)
- Costume color (5)
- Skin color (3)
- Voice type [8]
- Mag color (5)

It also says that is possible to leave your character unvoiced (thank god), unfortunately you can't adjust the proportions.

Hmm, a bit annoying that hair and face aren't separated... I really hope there are some decent head types...

ShadowInferno119
Oct 23, 2008, 04:07 PM
lol, When I read that, I figured you out of all people would be. Any who i'ma FO user too.(Just started PSO for the first time) Can you explain what the slicers are and what they do?

Rei-San
Oct 23, 2008, 08:04 PM
It really is going the way of PSO in terms of weapons! :D I hope the bring the katana class back. ^^

And yay for bare hands! This weapon class is gonna me so awsome for my beast. Since I wanted her to be a martial artist. Feet are a nice touch.

P.S. Gun blade is for the F-ing win. :D

Clunker
Oct 24, 2008, 01:58 AM
Can anyone clarify what that greenish 3-part blade/panel thing almost dead center lowest?

It's to the right of what looks like a Rod, and to the left of what looks like a Bazooka.

Holy goddam, they really do need to announce a US release... ^^;.

ShadowInferno119
Oct 24, 2008, 02:05 AM
Can anyone clarify what that greenish 3-part blade/panel thing almost dead center lowest?

It's to the right of what looks like a Rod, and to the left of what looks like a Bazooka.

Holy goddam, they really do need to announce a US release... ^^;.
I believe your talking about the "Slicer" I don't have any info on it. But someone above just mentioned how it was listed along with the two other FO items, "Rod and Cane" Which looks interesting, for us FO users to get that.

Clunker
Oct 24, 2008, 02:16 AM
O.o

That's the slicer? Huh, I had the idea it was the Shield...

Um, EspioKaos? Any chance you could find the time to translate the names of the weapons listed/

(Trying to use wikipedia's katakana listing, and it's slow going... eheh.. ;) )

Risingsun
Oct 24, 2008, 03:20 AM
O.o

That's the slicer? Huh, I had the idea it was the Shield...

Um, EspioKaos? Any chance you could find the time to translate the names of the weapons listed/

(Trying to use wikipedia's katakana listing, and it's slow going... eheh.. ;) )

He translated them all already on page 1.

Clunker
Oct 24, 2008, 03:23 AM
*Headdesk*

Sorry folks, was assuming that was referencing earlier notations - not this scan. gah.

Teach me to READ more carefully.

Kent
Oct 24, 2008, 03:51 AM
lol, When I read that, I figured you out of all people would be. Any who i'ma FO user too.(Just started PSO for the first time) Can you explain what the slicers are and what they do?
Slicers are easily my favorite weapon type from PSO - they don't exactly have the best stats as far as power and accuracy go, but there are ways to use them where you'll easily make up for this. They were really unique weapons until Nintendo ripped-offused a similar idea for the Boomerang in Wind Waker (which is manual, as opposed to this being automated).

Basically, a Slicer is a ranged melee weapon of sorts - you swing the weapon, and an energy blade is flung out toward your target. After it hits (or misses, but it actually has to collide with a target) it finds the nearest enemy and bounces to it, hitting up to five targets. It's like a Chain Lightning effect (like Gizonde, just not instant), and is physical damage.

The attack animation for them is generally unwieldy, preventing many people from using them in melee combat (where the first target will just be hit by the projectile immediately in front of you, like a point-blank shot with a gun), but some classes can use them better than others, and any units that increase attack speed make them much more viable.

ChaosAngel92
Oct 24, 2008, 04:43 PM
Well, first disappointing with PSZ.
But hell, its 1 againts 32 major surprises I recived.

Anyone else is sad due to the lack of shotguns? D:

Ok, one handed gun, I can adjust to that. I mean, It would be ideal to have the twin version, but assuming this as PSO alike, its was very foolish of my part to expect it.

I can already imagine my equipment, a nice pistol, twin mechas for desperado time, and a Gunblade (lets face it, sorry anti-square guys) to kick the anti bullet enemies.

I can't wish more to play this game as soon as possible.

Kent
Oct 24, 2008, 05:25 PM
I think the lack of a Shotgun in this one, may be attributed to the inclusion of the Launcher and Bazooka as basic weapon types - giving Rangers more than enough options for AOE damage.

Kinda like how Partisans have been dropped in favor of Spears, because they have a different function (despite that Partisans were functionally superior to Swords, anyway).

Epically Leet
Oct 26, 2008, 08:46 AM
Nice weapons.

Rakath Talyn
Oct 26, 2008, 10:21 AM
Well, first disappointing with PSZ.
But hell, its 1 againts 32 major surprises I recived.

Anyone else is sad due to the lack of shotguns? D:

Ok, one handed gun, I can adjust to that. I mean, It would be ideal to have the twin version, but assuming this as PSO alike, its was very foolish of my part to expect it.

I can already imagine my equipment, a nice pistol, twin mechas for desperado time, and a Gunblade (lets face it, sorry anti-square guys) to kick the anti bullet enemies.

I can't wish more to play this game as soon as possible.

Both (Shotgun and Twin Handguns) can still be in the game as non-standard weapons.

Even though Twin Saber isn't listed, I'm pretty sure it and Twin Handguns will show up as a few Unique weaons (probably not as many or as easy to find as the PSO versions). Similar to how we know we have Boxing Gloves while there is no 'standard' Fisticuffs weapon.

I'm kinda sad to see Card replaced, but again, there might be Cards as Unique weapons... or it was abosbed by Slicers.

Niered
Oct 26, 2008, 01:07 PM
Both (Shotgun and Twin Handguns) can still be in the game as non-standard weapons.

Even though Twin Saber isn't listed, I'm pretty sure it and Twin Handguns will show up as a few Unique weaons (probably not as many or as easy to find as the PSO versions). Similar to how we know we have Boxing Gloves while there is no 'standard' Fisticuffs weapon.

I'm kinda sad to see Card replaced, but again, there might be Cards as Unique weapons... or it was abosbed by Slicers.

The thing about mechguns is they seem much more LIKE dualies than in previous installments, so dont feel like your missing one, rather you have an amalgamation of the two.

Kupi
Oct 26, 2008, 06:07 PM
I won't say that Slicers have always been Force weapons, but Kyra from PS4 sets a strong precedent, and Forces tended to get the most mileage out of them in PSO, since Hunters and Rangers both had much stronger options for attacking multiple enemies. I'll be interested in seeing how they function this time around.