PDA

View Full Version : What is END for?

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Oct 24, 2008, 03:51 AM
Hiya all,

I was wondering what END stood for when it comes to armour? I'm guessing is it endurance? And what does it effect? As it always seems to be a very small number when compared to other stats such as ATP or DFP.

Thanks ^^

Ryock
Oct 24, 2008, 04:42 AM
END is like you thought, endurance. Which is weird, because END and STA are the same thing to my knowledge. It affects how well and how long status effects will work on you.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Oct 24, 2008, 04:49 AM
Ah I see, do they ever level up with regular character level ups? Or possibly type level ups? I see some slot units raise END but do you know what else can?

Thanks

Transgamergurl
Oct 24, 2008, 06:38 AM
I believe STA or END do not lvl with your charactors lvl. Job related it seems. As a Protranser i have 12 STA, but if i switch her to a fortegunner it goes up to 15 STA.
Yes there are armors that raise END. One that comes to mind is the De Colte Line, it gives +20 STA(or END they are the same thing.)
Also note one other thing about END, at 21 END you are immune to lvl 1 status effects, at 31 lvl 2 and so on. Yes that also includes Megid killing you, as long as you are immune to the proper lvl.
Besides changing your class or armor you can add extra slot units to raise END. right now a Hard / stamina is +8 END
Hope that helps you ^^

Cracka_J
Oct 24, 2008, 03:23 PM
Hard / Stamina is +6 end, not 8.
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/3/2166/hard___stamina/

You may be thinking of Cati / Stamina, which is in the database, but unreleased at this point.

Casts can get a real mean use out of an armor deemed semi-worthless, the Shinowa-Line. Especially in dark areas, with megid throwers. I tested on my 140 F Cast during MAG on carriguine lvl 3 megid. If you have a shinowa, which is +3 end, paired with a Paradi Cataract (+5 end), you've basically made yourself a homemade L3 megid resist (+8 end). Try it out instead of spending hours hunting that vijeri-resist, you'll be very happy with the results :)

Genoa
Oct 24, 2008, 07:11 PM
Base stats (simply consisting off of character level and type level combined):
ATP (attack power)
TP (technic power)
ATA (attack accuracy)
DFP (defense power)
MST (mental strength)
EVP (evade power)
STA (stamina)

Stats after equipment/arts that add to your original base stats:
Att (attack)
Tech (tech...)
Acc (accuracy)
Def (defense)
Ment (mentality)
Eva (evasion)
End (endurance)

That's all it means.

fay
Oct 24, 2008, 07:26 PM
so i would need 51 stamina to be inmune to lv 4 status effects. is that even possible :S

de colt line - 20
female character - 1
hard stamina - 8
character - 10 is it ?
job class - 1 or is 2 the most?

out of what i can see there if all these are correct then thats only 41. suppose lv 3 status effect imunity is still awsome but i dont think i could bare using that de colt line. a pannon could come up and kick my ass with a hit

Anduril
Oct 24, 2008, 07:37 PM
so i would need 51 stamina to be inmune to lv 4 status effects. is that even possible :S

de colt line - 20
female character - 1
hard stamina - 8
character - 10 is it ?
job class - 1 or is 2 the most?

out of what i can see there if all these are correct then thats only 41. suppose lv 3 status effect imunity is still awsome but i dont think i could bare using that de colt line. a pannon could come up and kick my ass with a hit
Female Characters get 2 more STA than males and Fortegunners then get 3 more STA than base (with a female at least). I don't think that De Colte line even has an extra slot so the most you can get with it is 35 STA.

fay
Oct 24, 2008, 07:43 PM
that sucks.

theres if i could just stand there taking lv 40 megids to the face without a worry, id feel preety dam invincible lol.
high level megids scare the crap outta me. even if its my team mates using them. i always dodge them incase it was a random enemy lol

Cracka_J
Oct 25, 2008, 01:50 PM
that sucks.

theres if i could just stand there taking lv 40 megids to the face without a worry, id feel preety dam invincible lol.
high level megids scare the crap outta me. even if its my team mates using them. i always dodge them incase it was a random enemy lol

there's no monster in the game currently that can even dish out a lvl 40 megid. highest would likely be a carriguine...maybe a jarba but I'm not sure which levels are higher. enemy megid definitely doesn't go above 31+ atm, so you don't have much to worry about.

snag a vijeri resist or do the shinowa + paradi combo if you cheap and lazy. either works.

Gibdozer
Oct 29, 2008, 09:03 AM
The Decolte line is actually pretty sweet I carry one to equip anytime i'm playing c-a rank missions, u can use it in sranks to but with 1def u will prob need a lot of mates and stars

MSAksion
Oct 30, 2008, 09:07 PM
END = STA. The higher the stat the more resistant you are to status such as;

BURNED
INFECTED
SHOCKED
SILENCED
POISONED
and most important - MEGID'ed........... I mean INSTA-GIBBED.