PDA

View Full Version : GC How do you defeat an Indi Belra???

HUmar Darkedge
Oct 24, 2008, 09:11 PM
It is really hard to defeat an Indi Belra because of it's fast arm launches.:-(
Is there a way to defeat them?:-?

TheOneHero
Oct 24, 2008, 09:12 PM
What class are you? Never mind, I see you're a HUmar.

When playing with my HUmar, I usually just get into a pattern of dodging their attacks, loop around and spin 'em right 'round, like a re---, get a few hits in, run around again, few more hits.

SStrikerR
Oct 24, 2008, 09:54 PM
I just run up and kill them.

furrypaws
Oct 24, 2008, 10:03 PM
I see you've met one of the trickier monsters on Ragol, especially since it seems you don't have the Plus version. My strategy normally is to get them out as quickly as possible, which means resorting to daggers, double sabers, or (yech) mechguns. As said before, get behind them, then smash away until they turn again, stay to their back and begin again. If there's more than one and the other one/s happen to be on the other side of the room, forget this strategy and either door hang (standing by the nearest "room portal" and stepping in and out with a ranged weapon of some sort, quickly attacking, and then retreating to your room portal), or, the more courageous/stupid way (and Shalo's preference), just smash away at one of them and make sure you're properly healed while taking hits from the other Belra. This is a bit more tedious believe it or not, as the rapid rate of the firing Belra normally keeps you down. Keep at it and you'll make it.

And absolutely do not forget about your Jellen and Zalure. They're life savers.

Vanzazikon
Oct 24, 2008, 10:06 PM
I just criss-cross until I'm next to him... Then I attack without mercy! When he turns around to hit me, I just swifty try to get behind him.

Nisoth
Oct 25, 2008, 12:55 AM
You don't need to dodge around or do anything fancy to deal with Indi Belras. Stand right in front of it and fire away with your mechguns. They will fire off their hands around you if you just sit still.

darkante
Oct 25, 2008, 01:49 AM
Ranged weapons while standing still shooting Indi Belras pwn them. =P
They just keep missing if you donīt get hit by something else that is. XP

Ithildin
Oct 25, 2008, 03:09 AM
I just run up and kill them.

:D Great response!

If you're a HUmar you can still get hold of a ranged weapon and stand back. I always find that standing absolutely still works good. I seem to get hit when I move slightly. Also when playing with others try to stand in a position away from your team members. When I stand next to friends I always seem to get hit. I think its because the belra's have more of a target to successfully hit!

furrypaws
Oct 25, 2008, 11:17 AM
You don't need to dodge around or do anything fancy to deal with Indi Belras. Stand right in front of it and fire away with your mechguns. They will fire off their hands around you if you just sit still.

Unless I'm mistaken, you're Plus, right? In the original version, as far as I remember, you cannot do that; they will continue to fire and hit you. Your only chance to stop the firing in the original version is to run around to their backside.

TrueChaos
Oct 25, 2008, 11:36 AM
they always switch hands to fire their arm, so if they use their left hand move to the right then when they go to use their right move to the left. once u get up to it, run behind it and start hacking into it. when its turns round, wait for it to nearly be facing you and run round a bit more. keep hacking and it'll soon be dead. if you're a force, equip a club of zimiuran and keep casting zonda from a distance, dodge the arms if you can

DC_PLAYER
Oct 25, 2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks Cranberry

There is a bug in the first Gamecube release of PSO. The Indi Belra arms will hit you if you are standing still.

This bug was fixed in PSO+ and if you are standing still the arms will miss you. At least of course if you are their target. If you're standing still, and the arms are targetting someone else and you happen to be in the way, you'll get hit.

All the players that are claiming they get hit if they stand still are using the first US release. All the players that don't get hit when they stand still are claiming they are on a PAL release or PSO+.

Conclusion: They fixed the glitch between the US and EU release, thus EU players don't have the glitch because their first release is not 100% identical to the US release.

So depending on your vesion you may use a handgun or if the arms hit you then you will have to melee like other ppl sugested.

halibabica
Oct 25, 2008, 09:10 PM
Oh, is that where my Belra blind spot went, then? I miss PSO+...

Indi Belras are a royal pain in bigger groups. One on one is almost too easy, two on one is doable, but I can't stand those rooms where there are three of them in a triangle. What a nightmare!

I usually end up running around all three, then attacking one from behind the shoulder of another (with a ranged weapon, of course). Then, I run around the triangle again and repeat the process until there's only two. After that, it's just more circles and slaughtering. Debuffs help a lot. Androids have it tougher.

TheOneHero
Oct 25, 2008, 10:51 PM
Androids actually have it pretty easy.

Confuse Trap > Belra.

Rob19
Oct 25, 2008, 10:52 PM
Androids have it tougher.

Traps = Win :D

halibabica
Oct 26, 2008, 05:39 AM
Oh, traps help, for sure. But they're still tough anyway. Freeze traps wear off too quickly, and confuse traps still leave a chance that the Belra will randomly clobber you in its frenzy. And they're unaffected by damage traps, so that option's out.

So, yeah. Traps are good, but I'd still rather have debuffs and resta. Freakin' belras...

zfighter14
Oct 26, 2008, 08:21 AM
Just have a high hitting weapon and lots of mates if your unsure.

Sayara
Oct 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
Dont underestimate Rabarta either. You ARE a Humar afterall, you have some sort of magic ability (especially this late in the running) If you can get them to freeze or be paraylized this will make the whole ordeal easier.

So bust out that Varista, Blade Dance or some other weapon with a simular ability.

Vanzazikon
Oct 27, 2008, 12:04 PM
You don't need to dodge around or do anything fancy to deal with Indi Belras. Stand right in front of it and fire away with your mechguns. They will fire off their hands around you if you just sit still.I just did what you posted and got my ass kicked. I did this before reading that the first release was different than +.

Nisoth
Oct 27, 2008, 03:28 PM
I didn't know plus was different in that way. Good to know.

Vanzazikon
Oct 27, 2008, 03:55 PM
>.> I was killed because I listened to you and all you can say is "I didn't know plus was different in that. Good to know." Damn you Nisoth! :argh:

Banish
Oct 28, 2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah ... in Plus version it's more easier since what was said above.

I usually go behind the Belra and it becomes dizzy, and then group up enemies to bash them up. With support (Jellen particularly) helps a lot since the Belra shoots its arms off like a cannon, it helps reduce the damage if they smash into you hard or critical (Belras has 50 Luck on Ultimate, so be careful of critical hits). Watch the shooting of its arms carefully and you can avoid it if you are out of its reach. They have a ton of HP so prepare to have a hellish battle unless you are strong enough to take them down fast!

dx764
Dec 3, 2008, 05:30 AM
it is easy. temple (if you fine one use a range wepon near the door so you won't get hit much)
ruin(run around dodging flying arms and use your double saber or asuka (if you have) if you are close to him.the run aruond so he won't hit you with his arms)

psofan219
Dec 3, 2008, 06:31 PM
I agree with the going-around-and-hitting-from-behind strategy. It's always worked for me. And if there's another one in the room, that's no prob. I just have it help me kill the one I'm focusing on, then move onto him. Of course, I use him to my advantage if I'm in a room full of other enemies, but that's getting off-subject.

halibabica
Dec 3, 2008, 09:07 PM
...except that Indi Belras can't hurt other monsters. That's part of what makes them so difficult to deal with!

Splash
Dec 4, 2008, 02:08 AM
Except even then, they still fall for the same weakness as their Normal-VH counterpart. Either confuse them with Chaos special or confuse trap or have them stop momentarily by moving behind it, then attack.

psofan219
Dec 4, 2008, 10:43 AM
Exactly. Even though they can't hurt other monsters normally, confusing them gets rid of that. If I'm wrong on this, it's because I haven't played Ult for a couple months now.

halibabica
Dec 4, 2008, 11:41 AM
Well, Confuse does help the most in dealing with them, but it doesn't enable them to hurt the other enemies. In fact, if there are other enemies in the room, you may be better off confusing them and luring them into attacking the Belra.

Indi Belras one on one are nothing, and you shouldn't even need to confuse them. It's when there are two or three of them that it becomes a problem. Oh, sure, you can still confuse them, but there's always the off chance that their random firing will still hit you anyway. And confusion doesn't last long enough for you to take down one's massive HP bar (unless you're using a Charge Vulcan or something). They can be quite troublesome without the right equipment or abilities.

Splash
Dec 4, 2008, 02:41 PM
I don't necessary disagree with what you said, that the fact that its arms don't attack other monsters no matter which state it is in makes it a slight more difficult. But the point in confusing it is to temporary distract it from attacking you such that you could move in close range and thus you won't have to worry about dodging its long range attack. Or likewise, like you said, you bring in the other monsters and confuse them at the same time.

Same strategy for 3 Indi Belras, and for offline, most of them are staggered together with enough range that a confuse trap would work. Incidentally, you don't have to confuse them if you don't feel comfortable doing so. You could also easily paralyze them or freeze them to cause them to not move at all.