PDA

View Full Version : better to lvl pa's with forte or master class?

'O' Clementine
Oct 25, 2008, 12:57 AM
Just wondering what the thought's are on lvling pa's (mostly thinking gunner) forte vs. master classes. What is better / faster. i know we wont be seeing master classes any time soon but i've been thinking about this for awhile. Is it worth it to switch and lvl pa's as master class or stay forte and lvl pa's to 40?

Anduril
Oct 25, 2008, 01:06 AM
I want to say the Master classes especially for Bullets since GM has lower ATP and a faster rate of fire, but the PP cost is what is making me think that sticking with Fortegunner until lv40 is a better idea.

Inazuma
Oct 25, 2008, 01:58 AM
switch to master types asap and stick w/ it. even if your PAs arent 40+, you will level them about 30% faster.

*edit* actually i think its closer to 17% speed difference, not 30%, at least for techs.

R2D6battlebot
Oct 25, 2008, 02:44 AM
If you're just trying to level PA's for the hell of it, then when Master Classes come out, do some solo runs and just abandon before you get MP. The class will stay level 1, you won't hit for hardly any damage, so it'll be more times you use the PA per monster. Photon charges will be used frequently, but they aren't expensive so I think you should be fine.

'O' Clementine
Oct 25, 2008, 02:54 AM
hmm.... some good idea's so far. i think if you have the $$ to pay for photon charges maybe lvling pa's with master class would be alot faster. maybe some1 on the jp servers can help with this answer?

Genoa
Oct 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
hmm.... some good idea's so far. i think if you have the $$ to pay for photon charges maybe lvling pa's with master class would be alot faster. maybe some1 on the jp servers can help with this answer?

switch to master types asap and stick w/ it. even if your PAs arent 40+, you will level them about 30% faster.

Inazuma is a JP player
I agree with sticking to master classes for Bullet and Skill leveling, however...
If you have attack techs that aren't even 30 yet, go Acrotecher. The TP is about the same (actually it's higher if you're human...) but the less PP consumption for Acrotecher for the same casting speed will help you level your techs up. Once all your techs are 30, definitely go Masterforce for 30-50.

Hrith
Oct 25, 2008, 01:34 PM
Masterforce casts faster than Acrotecher ;s

Genoa
Oct 25, 2008, 02:50 PM
Masterforce casts faster than Acrotecher ;s
with wands/madoogs? I thought perhaps certain techs cast faster at 41 normally, but even 21-30?
In that case I'd go MF to level techs... I was told AT and MF casting was the same =/

Majarra
Oct 26, 2008, 08:08 PM
Just use a guntecher for now to lvl bullets. They have the lowest ATP out of all the gunners. They can use all the weps a GM can use and A rank versions. Meaning lower power. They also cap bullets at 40. ALSO use neudaiz weps to lvl bullets.

Kumlekar
Oct 26, 2008, 10:22 PM

What he said, in all cases master class will level PA's faster than forte. the only exception might be versus acrotecher, due to the increases PP usage for master classes.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 28, 2008, 10:24 PM
I just use my new male cast to level my bullets
he is only lvl 33

This how i level my GM bullets(if your reccomend something better please let me kno)
Rifles: Plains Overlord.....or anywhere really....i just go there so i dont have to wear about being hit.
Shotguns: Plains Overlord/Sleeping Warriors
Twin Handguns: (same as rifle)
Laser Cannon: Sleeping Warrior

So its parum all day.....and the good thing is....there both at the same lobby :-o lol

of course im pretty sure there are better places to level them. I just do that so i can multitask
(watch tv, be on the computer,etc)