PDA

View Full Version : ;-; Wands are for resta

unicorn
Oct 25, 2008, 01:34 AM
Bawww my favorite teching weapon Pre-AOI sucks now.

Shame too...I find wands are the most aesthetically pleasing teching weapons, but they're only good for resta nowadays.

But you know what? IMA STILL USE MAH ZONDE WITH MY BAJURA CUZ IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE SAILOR MOON BETCHAZ.

~Gorgeous Meditation!!

Why wands suck so bad? Are the Granahodra and Bajura worth waiting for (JP players since you guys are like forever+ ahead of us)? x_x

Phetty
Oct 25, 2008, 01:47 AM
Damage doesnt matter in this game anymore. By the time you cast that second spell on a rod a fortefighter will have already Jabroga'd everything so use what you like.

Inazuma
Oct 25, 2008, 01:56 AM
Bawww my favorite teching weapon Pre-AOI sucks now.

Shame too...I find wands are the most aesthetically pleasing teching weapons, but they're only good for resta nowadays.

But you know what? IMA STILL USE MAH ZONDE WITH MY BAJURA CUZ IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE SAILOR MOON BETCHAZ.

~Gorgeous Meditation!!

Why wands suck so bad? Are the Granahodra and Bajura worth waiting for (JP players since you guys are like forever+ ahead of us)? x_x

puushan 10 is roughly 10% stronger for dps compared to the current best wand, guranahodorakku 10. so yea, wands are just for resta/regene.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 25, 2008, 02:03 AM
But I like wands.

;~;

WhiteKnight01
Oct 25, 2008, 06:43 AM
I do use wands for suport and tech mags for attack but I do rember when wands were the shit for lving techs and a tesbra back then was king

Hrith
Oct 25, 2008, 01:33 PM
Wands are still better than TCSMs for hold techs on classes which cannot use rods ;o

Genoa
Oct 25, 2008, 02:53 PM
Damu techs are a little more difficult to use on Madoogs seeing you can only move the technic horizontally (still facing the same vertical direction the entire time) while Wands move in an arc-like motion causing you to sway the technic at an angle for targets that are too far to the left and right of you. Also, is it just me or do Wands reach farther vertically with damu techs?

RAGNAGELPPOD
Oct 25, 2008, 03:08 PM
Damu techs are a little more difficult to use on Madoogs seeing you can only move the technic horizontally (still facing the same vertical direction the entire time) while Wands move in an arc-like motion causing you to sway the technic at an angle for targets that are too far to the left and right of you. Also, is it just me or do Wands reach farther vertically with damu techs?

Wait...what do you mean by Madoogs moving a tech horizontally while facing vertically? I thought Madoogs couldn't steer damu techs at all.

Genoa
Oct 25, 2008, 03:29 PM
Wait...what do you mean by Madoogs moving a tech horizontally while facing vertically? I thought Madoogs couldn't steer damu techs at all.

you can move the madoog left and right, but it faces the same direction the entire time (faces foward)
So the Madoog faces STRAIGHT the whole time, but you can move it left to right, still too difficult to hit enemies on your left and right, but I'm almost positive it still effects the damu techs. It's just shifting it slightly to one side or the other, not turning it from one side or the other

|_._| vs. \_._/
TCSM --- wand

Chuck_Norris
Oct 25, 2008, 11:24 PM
Why is everyone saying "Damu" now? :disapprove:

unicorn
Oct 25, 2008, 11:38 PM
I dont like how the title of my thread was changed without me knowing.

Ah well.

Genoa
Oct 26, 2008, 10:58 AM
Why is everyone saying "Damu" now? :disapprove:

JP tech names

SStrikerR
Oct 26, 2008, 11:57 AM
Damu sounds like shit, but whatever. I still use my wands for techs, and madoogs for resta. I don't like the animation for madoogs and I just don't care about performance.

Gen2000
Oct 26, 2008, 10:48 PM
The damage between a TCSM and Wand is a joke currently. A high grinded Pushan pushes that further and from the MF hype, high grinded Pushan KOs any Wands completely when using that class.

I hated wands anyways, I only use them back pre-AoI because they were faster for killing than Rods which were awful before post-AOI boosts. I like TCSMs because it's the closest to having a hands-free techer.