PDA

View Full Version : PSP JP PSP -> PSP

welzl
Oct 26, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hi, just wondering, if i play on the JP PSP now and when the US one comes out and i change to that one, will my character be transfered to the US version? THX :)

Tyreek
Oct 26, 2008, 11:55 PM
Chances are high that it may not work. Then again, I'm not sure if any data from JP version games can work with localized ones.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 26, 2008, 11:55 PM
No, it will not.

D14BL0
Oct 27, 2008, 05:33 PM
No, it will not.

Actually, there's a very good chance it will. The save files are mostly just stats and inventory, data which should easily be transferable. If the safe files are bound to a particular version of the game, it should be very easy to alter and transfer (but unsupported, of course).

But there's a good chance that the characters will already work if you transfer.

Kichi
Oct 27, 2008, 05:46 PM
Actually, there's a very good chance it will. The save files are mostly just stats and inventory, data which should easily be transferable. If the safe files are bound to a particular version of the game, it should be very easy to alter and transfer (but unsupported, of course).

But there's a good chance that the characters will already work if you transfer. It will not work automatically. You are right, there will be a program that may be made (possibly already exists considering I'm pretty sure you're right about how saves work) to convert the file, but the Japanese Save File will not work on the US version of the game.

D14BL0
Oct 31, 2008, 04:15 PM
It will not work automatically. You are right, there will be a program that may be made (possibly already exists considering I'm pretty sure you're right about how saves work) to convert the file, but the Japanese Save File will not work on the US version of the game.

Why exactly do you say that? The save file contains no language-specific details. Hex codes for items and stats should transfer over just fine as long as the games both save the details the same way.

Unless the US/JP versions actually have different content, such as item/mob variations. Which it might, but there's no telling until it's released.

landman
Oct 31, 2008, 05:16 PM
But the console will detect the save as a different game save, that's why you will have to hack your save to work in another version

Squeezit
Nov 1, 2008, 11:17 AM
But the console will detect the save as a different game save, that's why you will have to hack your save to work in another version

yup, truth.

however i didnt know there would be, or was any programs that could convert it to a US save. thats news to me.
i still dont have a hacked psp, but i'd like to try it out

landman
Nov 1, 2008, 08:59 PM
I have no idea if it is possible, but I don't think you need a hacked PSP for it to work, it's just modifying the save file