PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, World of Wickedburncraft

CupOfCoffee
Oct 27, 2008, 01:09 PM
So I'm aware that pretty much everyone here hates WoW, and while I don't exactly hate it, I've definitely taken what I can from the game and had my fill. I deleted it off my hard drive this morning after mailing away all my gold and giving my reagents and potions to my friends, and I gained 20 gigabytes of sweet, sweet space for music and Photoshop/Illustrator files. Good day to be alive.

That said, has anyone who still plays or plans on getting Wrath been keeping up with the hilarious Paladin drama as of late? Poor Ret has been laughed at since the very beginning of the game, and then for one brief month it was ungodly overpowered, and now it's getting nerfed back "TO THE GROUND, BABY!" Paladins are burning Ghostcrawler the blue with death threats, Ghostcrawler is counter-burning the Pallies with words and nerfs, Warlocks and Priests are coming over to the Pally forums to burn the Pallies, Mages are burning Warlocks by finally being able to kill them, Moonkins are burning everybody while they're focused on Paladins, and I got back 20 gigs of space, which is a burn on Apple.

Illegal PSO servers, here I come! :D

Saner
Oct 27, 2008, 01:34 PM
well thats funny. :p

Shattered_weasel
Oct 27, 2008, 01:37 PM
I played a shaman. So you are preaching to the choir.

Dre_o
Oct 27, 2008, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the...well...sane side of life again. I can help you on the *cough* Server if you'd like any help.

BigBadWolf
Oct 27, 2008, 03:09 PM
I'm a Moonkin and I endorse this post.

/shadowmelds and flys away

Aisha379
Oct 27, 2008, 03:23 PM
I don't hate WoW at all, the only reason I stopped playing it was because after hitting lvl 70, the only things left to do took so much time, and my guild was kinda "meh".

I think the reason most PSO/PSU fans hate WoW is because they're jealous of the technical and customer support WoW gets =X

Scrub
Oct 27, 2008, 03:23 PM
If Bright Wizards dont get a nerf I'm quitting the game I swear to god.

UnderscoreX
Oct 27, 2008, 03:33 PM
I honestly could not understand a single line from that last paragraph of yours, but congrats anyways.

Sharkyland
Oct 27, 2008, 04:36 PM
I don't hate WoW, I just don't seem to like it.

Kent
Oct 27, 2008, 05:35 PM
I think it's funny that people are calling it a nerf to Retribution.

But then again, the average Blizzard fanboy community isn't really capable of differentiating between "nerf" and "re-balance."

Besides... The game as it is now, is balanced for level 80, so things are naturally out of whack at level 70.

Though I am enjoying watching my Feral Druid top out the damage meters that those self-important elitists post. :wacko:

Split
Oct 27, 2008, 05:55 PM
how could you leave a place in which hilarious drama is occurring??

CupOfCoffee
Oct 27, 2008, 06:26 PM
Well, mainly it's the forum drama that I've been soaking up. I haven't actively being playing WoW very much since summer ended, and even then, my two characters were a Priest and a Lock, so I don't have much vested in the Pally drama other than thinking it's funny. I do feel bad for them, though. It's not their fault Blizz pulled another patch 2.0 and made one class way more unbalanced-at-current-endgame than any of the others, and then did a bunch of sweeping knee jerk nerfs that will leave them roughly useless for most of the looming expansion. Same exact thing happened to Hunters right before Burning Crusade hit.

ABDUR101
Oct 27, 2008, 06:43 PM
Fuck if I care though, I'm a feral druid; any time another class gets an "OP'd" buff or a 'shattering nerf' thats just less gas people toss on the "omg fucking druids are OP!!!" non-sense.

I ran a lvl 61 mage and a lvl 66 shaman through three outland instances just abit ago, was fricken great. =]

Sekani
Oct 27, 2008, 06:47 PM
While the defensive mantra was "wait until 80", this level of imbalance couldn't wait. I've been playing (off and on) since launch, and I can say that Ret Pallies currently are the most overpowered class in the history of the game. Not even rogues, the class I hate the most, can destroy entire GROUPS of players before they can even blink.

While I don't think the return to "lolret" is what we need, a serious nerf was definitely in order. Anyone who says otherwise was in denial, and their time is better spent trying to deface Blizzard's wikipedia page, where their teenage angst can be heard by more people who don't care.

McLaughlin
Oct 27, 2008, 07:14 PM
I wish the FFXI drama was this awesome. :/

CupOfCoffee
Oct 27, 2008, 08:58 PM
While I don't think the return to "lolret" is what we need, a serious nerf was definitely in order.

Agreed, although I still think Blizzard has handled every step of the OP Ret saga very badly. It was bad to make them so freaking broken in the first place. It was bad to overnerf them. It was really bad to let them go live in their overpowered state, knowing full well the amount of crying it would generate after having seen it in action on the PTR and beta server. I agree that 3.0 Ret is the most overpowered any class has ever been at any point in the game's history, and that's really bad, but no MMO should ever be "balanced for 80" when everyone is still going to be 70 for a full subscription month. It can only leads to problems like what's currently going down.

Still, I enjoy the 70-page threads of Paladins vomiting in rage at Ghostcrawler. Poor guy is probably the first blue to ever communicate so lucidly and frequently with the forum goers (not counting Tseric's meltdown), and they still want him to get AIDS. Just goes to show what happens when you gather history's largest collection of anonymous sociopaths ever collected and put them on a game forum! :lol:

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 28, 2008, 12:19 AM
I'm looking forward to dual talent specialization. I can be a meat shield and an irritating cutter without having to pay to go back and forth. Course, I probably can't run Wrath on this computer. It could barely run BC on minimum settings.

Zorafim
Oct 28, 2008, 12:16 PM
A usual fight for me as ret paladin was as follows. Run up to an enemy, use my instant casts, regain all my MP by judging, hammer of wrath, and move on to the next enemy. No resting, no AFKing to masturbate. Just 10 second fight, one after another. Not to mention, I could maul anyone who dueled me before they realized what happen, and I have no dueling experience whatsoever.
And people are feeling any sort of emotion towards this nerf? It should have been easily expected. Hell, I'm glad this rebalance is happening. AoE damage, high single target damage output, high survivability, and support shouldn't all be on one character.

RuneLateralus
Oct 28, 2008, 01:14 PM
I am enjoying the overpowered aspect of my character now. For two years, I suffered being the laughing stock and most underpowered class in the game. And then for one month, I am going to be uber powered and people are upset that the lowest class actually is giving a shot to do well even without an enhancement shaman.

While I do admit the changes need to come, but people don't realize that Ret is going to be still one of the lower end DPS classes in WotLK (remember, Seal of Command, Seal of Blood/Martyr, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm only have 1 rank and are bases on AP, unlike most of the attacks and skills of other classes). But this time, it will not be such a huge difference between other class and much more comparative so you will still consider them to be taken along.

Although, I am more of a PvE person than PvP. So my thought reflect that more. For PvP, it does need to be rebalance. I got two season 1 pieces and the season 3 gloves with a Gorehowl and I still beat people in full season 2/3 with some season 4 gear is not right.

Aisha379
Oct 28, 2008, 02:10 PM
I hardly know what anyone is saying, lawl D=

I played WoW for 3 months and only had an Undead Warlock. And anytime I was in PvP it was almost always on the battlegrounds, so I'd either get the jump on someone or get mauled by a group anyway >_>

I wonder if I should come back to WOW since I don't play PSU anymore...hm

CrimsomWolf
Oct 28, 2008, 03:02 PM
While I'm not exactly an anti-Warcraft person, I still don't get what people really see in it.
There all sorts of other MMORPG's (Archlord, Mabinogi, Ragnarok Online, Linage II and now that Conan game... hell even EVE Online.)

*sigh*

LBP
Oct 31, 2008, 02:49 PM
I think it's funny that people are calling it a nerf to Retribution.

But then again, the average Blizzard fanboy community isn't really capable of differentiating between "nerf" and "re-balance."

Besides... The game as it is now, is balanced for level 80, so things are naturally out of whack at level 70.

Though I am enjoying watching my Feral Druid top out the damage meters that those self-important elitists post. :wacko:

You our kinda right in a sense that the game is being developed with play at level 80 in mind, however their are still clearly a few broken facets of the game like warlocks for PvP @ 80 and also enhancement shaman.

Out of all of the classes warlcoks recieved two of the most useless 51pt talents in chaos bolt and Metamorphosis, the game is starting to shift to far toward melee and needs to be corrected this alone has made me decide to go PvE this xpac instead or BG/Arena.

Kent
Oct 31, 2008, 04:50 PM
You our kinda right in a sense that the game is being developed with play at level 80 in mind, however their are still clearly a few broken facets of the game like warlocks for PvP @ 80 and also enhancement shaman.

Out of all of the classes warlcoks recieved two of the most useless 51pt talents in chaos bolt and Metamorphosis, the game is starting to shift to far toward melee and needs to be corrected this alone has made me decide to go PvE this xpac instead or BG/Arena.
I've done mostly PvE in my time playing (mostly because I've never been a huge fan of PvP in online RPGs - most games do it horribly), but the Battlegrounds are fun from time to time. One of the major things I've noticed is that there's always a Warlock at the top of the total damage meters... Until recently, when it suddenly became Paladins with 150 honorable kills or somesuch.

One of the bigger problems with the game, in general, is the idea that Fear, as a status effect, sounded like a good idea to someone... It's kind of ridiculous - at least in the way it's implemented.

If you're running away in fear, shouldn't you be, you know, running away from enemies, instead of toward them? It was done correctly when it was implemented into Neverwinter Nights, but apparently, Blizzard disagrees (and the fact that Tremor Totem is barely functional, in addition to replacing the ever-important Earth totem, is a bit silly).

nWo
Oct 31, 2008, 05:50 PM
I've done mostly PvE in my time playing (mostly because I've never been a huge fan of PvP in online RPGs - most games do it horribly), but the Battlegrounds are fun from time to time. One of the major things I've noticed is that there's always a Warlock at the top of the total damage meters... Until recently, when it suddenly became Paladins with 150 honorable kills or somesuch.

One of the bigger problems with the game, in general, is the idea that Fear, as a status effect, sounded like a good idea to someone... It's kind of ridiculous - at least in the way it's implemented.

If you're running away in fear, shouldn't you be, you know, running away from enemies, instead of toward them? It was done correctly when it was implemented into Neverwinter Nights, but apparently, Blizzard disagrees (and the fact that Tremor Totem is barely functional, in addition to replacing the ever-important Earth totem, is a bit silly).

Fear in warcraft is currently not worth the mana to cast it, pre TBC it was overpowered however now every class has a minimum of two ways to break out of it factor in that deathcoil , IHOT and fear all share the same DR and its worthless.

Even with that being said it's still leap years better then demonic circle, DC is the worst level 80 ability in the game .....