PDA

View Full Version : Beat Counters, What for?

halibabica
Oct 27, 2008, 03:55 PM
I ask this at the risk of looking stupid, but...

Could someone please explain to me what Beat Counters are? From what I can tell, they determine the chances of finding rare items from certain monsters in certain locations based on PSO's internet time...but I have no clue if I'm right, or even anywhere close.

So, what exactly are they, and how do they work? I saw the calculator for them on this site, but there's no explanation for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Freeze
Oct 27, 2008, 04:05 PM
Beats are simply a universal measure of time used in PSO. Some have claimed it affects drops but its still debated as wether this is fact or fiction. Depends on who you talk to but most lean to fiction these days. The beat calculator convert your local time into beat time so it was easier for people to meet up online using the beat system.

Ketchup345
Oct 27, 2008, 05:48 PM
Like above, it is a system of time that never really caught on. There was some belief that time did affect drops, but with the drop rates now found and decoded, nothing about time was discovered.

Beat time does affect a few rare weapons. One grows stronger the high the beat is, another can only use its special at certain beat times.

halibabica
Oct 27, 2008, 07:37 PM
Oh, you mean Morning Glory and Heaven Punisher, right?:D

Hmm, so the beats don't have anything definite to do with rare drops...I'm still curious, though. There are times when I'm playing PSO that I seem to find all kinds of awesome stuff (materials, rare items, etc) in much higher quantities, and usually of higher quality as well! An old fried of mine said this had something to do with the time of day in which you're playing, but I can never get consistent results.

I'll have to be more scientific about it, I guess.

Freeze
Oct 27, 2008, 09:45 PM
That's what began the myth about beat time affecting drop rates. I myself have experienced high drop rates that seem to happen at certain times but of course its never consistant and is just the way your luck goes in this game. As Ketchup mentioned it does affect certain weapon abilities but does nothing for drop rates. All you can do is keep playing and enjoy your good fortune when it happens.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 28, 2008, 06:05 AM
Some ppl around the word maded blogs and posted not only the drops but also the beat time when they found the item.
The numbers are so freaking random that you can't take any conclusion therefore even if they affect drops, you never know if your getting rares or not.

if your trying to find specific numbers then you won't find any and basicly saying that the beat affects the drops is the same as saying that the beat does not affect the drops.

My opinion is that they don't affect drops but on ver.2 there was somehow a calculation method used by the game, but even so we don't know the extent of it and we don't even know if the beat time is involved or not.

TrueChaos
Oct 28, 2008, 09:30 AM
there are 1000 beats in 24 hours. its the same beat number everywhere in the world. it was made so that people who wanted to play online with people from other countries. where there could be a time difference, if i said to someone to meet at 2pm but they are an hour ahead we would end up being on at different times so they made the beat system so people could say 'meet at 450 beats' and where it is the same all over the world people could meet at the same time

halibabica
Oct 28, 2008, 10:52 AM
Aw, and here I thought I could improve my chances. Oh, well. Thanks for the explanation! Nothing is different...but the knowledge was gained.

Freeze
Oct 28, 2008, 02:12 PM
That's what we're here for. Don't ever be afraid to ask, there are no stupid questions.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Oct 29, 2008, 10:32 AM
>_> I want that gun soo bad... >_>:cry:

halibabica
Oct 29, 2008, 01:31 PM
Hey, it's dropped by Sinow Zele once out of 299,594 times. You could find it...uh...once in a lifetime!