PDA

View Full Version : beast or cast guntecher?

Majarra
Oct 28, 2008, 03:19 PM
Im sort of leaning towards CAST for it just for paradi:-D. But would i be doing much lower damage? Im not saying like 100 lower power. A bit over 500-600 is my idea. And should what weps should i be lving? should i lvl all crossbows or just yak zagenza? help

Kylie
Oct 28, 2008, 04:35 PM
Seeing as Guntecher is basically... gunning and teching, I would assume that a CAST would be better suited for it. Because support is the main focus of GT teching, so either race would be fine for that since you don't need TP for buffing and reverser (somewhat for resta and giresta though). And then CASTs are better for the gunning part, obviously. :-P

lantis-zagato
Oct 28, 2008, 06:07 PM
Dont forget that guntechers are getting level 30 attack techs at some point. So, in the long run you might want to consider beast if you are going to take TP into account. Either way would work. Or even human would be a good choice for if you want to really dabble in everything a GT has to offer. I personally have a beast and love it! He's my favorite character. As for xbows, I would level them all. 1-10 is a bit of a pain but it gets easier from there. Just so you know, with my level 30 buffs and level 40 elemental xbow bullets I do about 650 a hit against opposite elements monsters. So, 650x3 =1950 damage per shot. Not that you will be on par with some classes in terms of damage but its nothing to scoff at either. Plus you get to heal and buff everyone else which is a plus.
P.S. I don't use any power units either. I don't know what the power difference is between a beast and a cast either so if anyone has a high level cast guntecher I would be interested to know the difference in damage as well.

Kylie
Oct 28, 2008, 08:28 PM
Ah, I didn't know that GT was getting LV30 attack spells. :lol: Knowing that, I would consider making a human GT, but it depends if you want to be a better gunner or a better techer.

Aorre
Oct 28, 2008, 09:15 PM
If you absolutely must play GT, use CAST for Paradi.

lantis-zagato
Oct 29, 2008, 07:35 AM
Beast Male (Guntecher 20) - OnlineLevel HP ATP ATA TP DFP EVP MST STA
140 3173 1342 741 1318 243 517 243 12

Cast Male (Guntecher 20) - OnlineLevel HP ATP ATA TP DFP EVP MST STA
140 3001 1242 1011 1079 262 427 209 12

Found this in one of the comparison pages on the site here. Difference in TP favors beast by about 240ish but difference in accuracy favors cast by about 270. Most of the others are close. It's prob just about personal preference between these two races.

Take a look at the difference with humans too. I almost wish I had gone human because their stats are almost the equivalent of both cast and beast but with something like 1700+ TP and 340 MST which is far superior to either of the others. Downside is no SUV or beast form.

Hrith
Oct 29, 2008, 04:21 PM
Cast. If you're gonna suck in teching, at least don't also suck in gunning <_<

unicorn
Oct 29, 2008, 05:37 PM
Newman makes the best GT IMO.

If you want to choose between Beast/CAST, I would choose Beast. Nanoblast is VERY useful for GT.

Inazuma
Oct 29, 2008, 05:57 PM
its only for 10 type levels, so just do your best to get thru GT asap w/ as little meseta wasted as possible. beast can be a decent GM but i think cast is the better choice. good luck

Tyreek
Oct 29, 2008, 08:13 PM
Hmm, by looking at that chart, I would say CAST as well, at least this way, you have your guns to make up for your lack of teching power. But you shouldn't be too affected by MST and TP reduction.

Acrofighter13
Oct 29, 2008, 10:07 PM
actually beast is better for power when ur gunning =)

MSAksion
Oct 29, 2008, 10:23 PM
BEAST for GT. If you are a Cast why not go Fortegunner you get a huge stat boost.

But for GT - GT have a huge Accuracy modifier that offsets a lack of accuracy. ACtually nowadays who cares. Just pull the trigger a few dozen more times and anything dies easily enough. What is one shot or 20? A recharge cube is a teleporter crystal away.

Also beast strength does so much damage. Try doing 600 times 3 hits homing aerial targeting Card fans. You dont even need to think just let the card fan do its magic. That is 1800 every swing quoting my friend SRYCHE. T__T I miss my Kitty Guntecher T__T

This is PSU not WoW where you need 50 specialized mo-fos in a specific strategy. I say go with the character that you want to be and pick the job you find fun.

lantis-zagato
Oct 30, 2008, 01:14 PM
As for cards, I don't have any at 40, but my level 31+ with my beast also hit about 650x3 per throw. And to be honest, accuracy makes little difference that I can notice. Yes, you might see a few more zeros but as MSAksion stated whats the problem? Just press the X button a few extra times. However, the extra TP will make a difference for techs definitely. And newman would also make a great choice if you want to use techs more often. On my beast I use diga, megid, and nosdiga as attack spells for the most part. Foie would work for burn but your xbows take care of status effects much better. Eventually I might add some Ra techs for shits and giggles.

DreXxiN
Oct 30, 2008, 02:56 PM
Beast when things aren't 20+ Your level so the ATA factor doesn't apply, therefore you get nano, OR, select it in such a way where Nano will compliment the mission.

Ex. : Things that CONSTANTLY spawn, but spawn in small groups of 2 or 3, Nano will probably suit you better, while LARGE spawns of about 6-7 or spawns that'll increase the run time drastically by obliterating a room (i.e. True Darkness' Room with the 3 Gaozorans) will be better suited with a Paradi.

Either way, it shouldn't really be too hard to raise both :P.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 30, 2008, 06:38 PM
its only for 10 type levels, so just do your best to get thru GT asap w/ as little meseta wasted as possible. beast can be a decent GM but i think cast is the better choice. good luck

LoL we're assuming they WANT to play GT, not just running through it for GM.

My opinion is actually beast. The problem with playing a CAST guntecher is that if you run into one of those spawns of enemies that are Bullet resistant, if you're a cast your techs will probably do less dmg than your guns would, and your SUV gets reduced the same as bullets do. However with a beast, not only are your spells slighly stronger, but if you run into a bullet resistant mob you can nano and tear through them.

You mentioned RA techs? No point really. Your Xbow will do more and has better SE anyhow.

Newman isn't a bad idea either, I mean your shots will be gimped but not as bad as you'd think because I believe Newman gets a boost in GT (correct me if I'm wrong) and while the boost won't make up for the CAST or Beast ATP, it'll bump a newman up to semi-respectable human ranged damage.

Gen2000
Oct 30, 2008, 10:50 PM
Beast or Cast Fortegunner? Nanoblast vs. SUV? It's basically the same thing. Using most techs on either class as GT is a joke anyways. The holy trinity of techs (Foie/Diga/Megid) all does about the same damage or serve the same purpose regardless.

People blow bullet resistance out of proportion. You got Burn Traps, Hikai (even at lv.10 is more than enough and kills way faster than lv.20 techs), and hell even Tylor (since you're a GT it should be no problem keeping him alive) and a good PM. Paradi damage is so broken that even used on bullet resistance mid-size enemies will drain 70-90% of their health anyways depending on your level vs. the mobs. If the mob has a large HP pool, you can wipe the dust off Sturm and use that instead. If the target has more than 1 hitbox target Shotgun multi-hitting will be killing fast enough anyways.

Cast is better well-rounded GT to me, Beast GT I found is only slightly better vs. certain bosses like Dulk Fakis because Nanoblast rocks his world when he's upside down. I had a maxed Beast GT but remade Caseal into GT and she was instantly doing better in missions even though she was many levels lower just because of Paradi.

Pillan
Oct 31, 2008, 12:50 PM
I suppose it’s mandatory for me to reply to a thread like this.

As far as well-roundedness goes for Guntecher, all you need at the moment is Hikai, Killer Shot, and a bullet of every element to do well output-wise. Essentially, that’s to say that you can pull it off very well ignoring attack techniques entirely because there is no enemy that is melee resistant, bullet resistant, lacks multiple target zones, and has high STA or incapacitation immunity. So, in that sense alone, Beast and Cast are about equal with techs thrown out. You can argue about Resta, but I really hope you won’t. And there’s the occasional Zamvapas…

Output-wise, it really depends on how weak you are compared to the enemies. If it takes you more than 10 hits to kill the mob, the Beast is better off assuming the enemy isn’t such a high level that the Cast hit rate makes a huge difference. If you’re killing mobs in the same number of hits (or shot bursts in the case of crossbows/shotguns/twin handguns), the Beast ATP advantage does not affect the level clear speed and the minute ATA advantage that Casts have overshadows everything else. Simply put, Beasts will end up being the better choice against high HP mobs and Casts will end up being the better choice against high EVP mobs. Everything in-between is ambiguous. You can apply this argument to any class when choosing between the two.

So, at that point it’s just Nanoblasts versus SUVs. And this is pretty much the argument above repeated. Nanoblasts work best on a few large mobs with lots of HP while SUVs work best on a lot of medium mobs.

Personally, I’d lean slightly in favor of Beasts purely because GT doesn’t have a good boss-slaying melee option. But the overall difference is really insignificant. It’s like choosing between apples and oranges.

lantis-zagato
Nov 1, 2008, 05:03 PM
Well put!

Genoa
Nov 3, 2008, 04:25 PM
I would only get it to lvl.10 for GM, since GT will have lvl.30 attack techs and have more TP than WT now, newman/human GT's will be much more versatile for good bullet, attack tech, and support tech usage.

Akaimizu
Nov 3, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hmm. I wasn't aware that the GTs were getting any more TP boosts. Considering, we already got the TP boost. I thought we're just waiting for the Attack Tech boost along with the Wartecher's Support Tech boost.

Would be interesting news if GTs are getting a 2nd TP boost.

Pillan
Nov 3, 2008, 06:26 PM
We already recieved the Master Class TP update to GT along with the change in S rank equipment for Fighgunner. Now we're just waiting for the photon art cap shifts.

Genoa
Nov 7, 2008, 02:12 AM
Hmm. I wasn't aware that the GTs were getting any more TP boosts. Considering, we already got the TP boost. I thought we're just waiting for the Attack Tech boost along with the Wartecher's Support Tech boost.

Would be interesting news if GTs are getting a 2nd TP boost.

GT won't be getting a second TP boost, they're at 140% TP at GT20 (143% for Humans/Newmans) which is quite nice seeing WT is 132% (135% for Humans/Newmans), AT is 150% (155% for Humans), and FT is 170% (173% for Newmans)... (considering all jobs are at lvl.20).

Kazemi
Nov 10, 2008, 01:50 AM
if you must play GT on one of those might as well go cast. GT is lacking greatly in ATA so you need as much as you can get for higher level stuff. though honestly, youre not gonna do well with either one since GT's main point is using techs with the guns.

Astarin
Nov 10, 2008, 08:44 PM
GT is lacking greatly in ATA so you need as much as you can get for higher level stuff.

Er, no. GT has the second highest ATA in the game, after Fortegunner. You get accuracy to spare.

To the opener: pick the race that you enjoy playing more. I don't think there'll really be a big difference between Beast and CAST here, in the end. One has more power and Nanoblast, the other has more accuracy and SUV.

unicorn
Nov 10, 2008, 09:47 PM
For some reason I feel that Beasts make better Guntechers and Wartechers than CASTs (GT has too much ATA, and WT has a low ATA mod). I find CASTs make better Acrotechers and Fortetechers over Beasts (SUV being more useful here).

And while on this subject, CAST would be a better FF had FF not given Beast a racial boost. And Beast would probably make a better FG.

Genoa
Nov 10, 2008, 11:08 PM
I would agree that CASTs make better WT/AT due to the fact that Nanoblast is quite long and support is currently not available for the party. SUV is quite fast and you can quickly go back to being able to support.

And Beast GT is fine, ATA really isn't a HUGE factor in the game, in my opinion, it's PA Acc% that actually makes any kind of significant difference in your miss ratio.