PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Zero theme preview !

Fry_Heit
Oct 29, 2008, 05:07 AM
Phantasy Star Zero's theme is sung by Hatsune Okumura, and its title is Makenai Kokoro. Japanese people can currently download a preview of it on their mobile phone... As well as some lucky foreigners who'd have a sophisticated enough cellular.

Guess what ? A French guy named Malcomz bought it and shared a low-quality version of the song so as we can hear it, finally ! He sent it to me, and I uploaded on my French Phantasy Star website, Phantasy Start :

http://www.phantasystart.nintendomaine.net/site/news/oct.2008/28.10.html

It's the link at the bottom of the page, "Hatsune Okumura - Makenai Kokoro"

I can't wait for the real song to come out ^__^.

raikomaru40
Oct 29, 2008, 06:31 AM
Huh, pretty cool, kinda reminiscent of Utada Hikaru.... :wacko:

Shiroyu
Oct 29, 2008, 02:30 PM
It's not bad, but my fear is that it sounds a little on the generic side.

furrypaws
Oct 29, 2008, 03:02 PM
Huh...I guess at least the vocals are decent. It just doesn't sound suited for this genre of game to me, but who knows? Maybe they'll remix it, or maybe it'll fit perfectly. I guess we'll just need to wait for the real thing.

Only thing is, I hope the English version (if they decide to do one) either isn't awful, or isn't Engrish (A whole new world shining like a pearl? What?).

Niered
Oct 29, 2008, 05:02 PM
Bleh. Never cared for these things. Oh well, at least theres always volume control.

Hucast-Kireek
Oct 29, 2008, 08:33 PM
sounds good to me.

Nai_Calus
Oct 31, 2008, 09:06 AM
This had better be the ED or something. Even then it's terrible, but if it's the OP it's got to be the worst OP for anything I've ever heard. Massively generic AND it's slow-paced. That works for, say, Kanon, but for an action RPG? Uh... No. The vocals aren't that great either.

This makes PSU's Save This World look great. And that was terrible, especially compared to PSO's The Whole New World. >_>

Aumi
Oct 31, 2008, 10:40 AM
Well, I gotta say that it would probably be better of as ending theme, as which it in my opinion would be great, but, because of PSŲ overall style, it doesn't sound to bad to me as main theme either. You can't even compare it to The Whole New World and Save This World because it's an entirely different style of music. I kinda like this as much as The Whole New World and definitely like it more than Save This World.