PDA

View Full Version : STUPID RECKLESS DRIVERS AND RANDOM SHIT HAPPENING TO US ALL THE TIME

Ranmaru
Oct 29, 2008, 06:21 PM
Wow guys, just wow. You know, you try to drive as DEFENSIVELY as you can, you know, so that nothing bad happens to you, the driver, or anyone that is riding with you. But then, there are other people, who somehow contradict your "Carefulness" and ignore that!!!!!!!!!! Ok, here is what happened:

I was driving, pretty well in fact. When my father told me it was ok to speed up a little more, I told him in time, the speed will come, but not too much speed. Well, I drove to pick up my sister from school, then to the house to pick up mother, then, to the place to give my father Dialysis. Waited for a bit, listened to the radio. My leg was getting a bit tired, and I had my hands in a position where they were tired as well. After a while, My mother and sister came out.

We drove to the Sprint store (note today is my sister's birthday) and I was taking my time to park. I looked back, to make sure I was driving in reverse fine, then left a bit, and forward to park. I park, and then, a minute passes. BAM BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MM. D:< D: <

Some woman comes crashing into us, with much speed, and my sister had just opened the door. See that! I try to be as careful as I can, and then some woman just speeds up and almost hit my sister. Of course, this had me a little nervous. The woman obviously adjusted her car to make space so that it could look as though it was my sister's fault. Although, there isn't much damage a door can do when opening, when a car can come that fast.

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I feel so, ugh. Second day driving on the streets, and this happens. I wonder why people sometimes drive like that. Please, please, be careful when driving, and when you are parked. If there is a parking space to the left, and none to the left, try going to the right to prevent some crazy ass driver from possibly causing an accident.

That is what I learned today, Also, I will always make sure that anyone I know is insured if they will be driving my car. I am not insured yet, and I was going to get insured on Friday. D: Please, all of you, learn from my mistake. Also know that random shit like that happens from time to time, preventing you from having a good flow in life, and causing you to fall behind of whatever you are trying to keep up with.

Why does life have to be so complicating in such an annoying and random way?

There is my rant *heavily takes a breath in and out*

Thanks you guys for hearing me out.

Tyreek
Oct 29, 2008, 08:20 PM
Ugh........ she tried to make it look like your sis' fault? *shakes head* Get the licence plate number next time if someone tries pulling that BS again. She was obviously in the wrong for speeding into the parking space like that.

McLaughlin
Oct 29, 2008, 08:40 PM
My mom was waiting to pick me up from school when some lady in a junker pulled up beside her. One kid got there before the other and whipped his door open and into the side of my mom's SUV so hard I could see it shaking from where I was. They just looked the other way until the other kid got in the car and then bolted.

I was a little dumbfounded someone could have the gall to not even get out and say sorry.

amtalx
Oct 29, 2008, 08:55 PM
I went to college with a guy that owned a Camaro. Long story short, he had just gotten it repaired and something similar to Obsidian's story happened two days later. Only my friend was...rather large to say the least. He got out of his car and knocked the guy clear to the moon. Violence is never the answer, but it was pretty awesome to see some swift justice, haha.

Leviathan
Oct 29, 2008, 10:39 PM
I kinda dread the day I get to drive in fear of that happening.

I've seen wrecks where the person that causes it just runs away.

Too bad you didn't get the license plate, but it really sucks that you were just 2 days from getting insurance. T_T

Sharkyland
Oct 29, 2008, 10:49 PM
I work for the USPS. I feel your pain. I've been in a few accidents but they weren't my fault but somehow I get blamed for it (like this one guy who was backing up from his driveway and to the driveway he has some big blind spots where I can't see the driveway at all from the previous mailbox I was coming from). I'm pretty thorough with my state's driving handbook and I follow it faithfully ('cept who the effing wants to know the BAL, Blood Alcohol Limit).

I've seen a lot of nasty crashes in my life.

---

Yeah, no matter how careful you are, they will seem to be a way for you to get in an accident. It's Murphy's Law and I hate it.

Nai_Calus
Oct 30, 2008, 01:50 AM
What the hell are you doing driving without insurance anyway. I have no sympathy if you're that stupid.

Powder Keg
Oct 30, 2008, 03:05 AM
Driving without insurance is deefffffinitely not a good idea.

So, this car ran into you while parked? Or hit the door when it was opened?

Anduril
Oct 30, 2008, 08:55 AM
I've had so many close calls due to idiots who drive down 35 streets at 60. One time at a four-way intersection with the NS traffic having no Stop sign while the EW traffic had one, I'm behind this guy who is turning into the EW street so I'm stopped behind him, but I don't have a Stop so as soon as he moves up and turns I start to accelerate, well an idiot in his big SUV while laughing it up with his friends (I think they were football players from the High School that was just down the street from the place) doesn't take the time to realize I have no Stop and zooms past his Stop as the other guy is turning, fortunately I see him on time and stop before I hit him (Mind you this is a small intersection so you can go through it pretty quickly). Another guy cut in front of me then suddenly stopped because he was turning into a driveway in the middle of the block, luckily my brakes were in good condition and I was able to stop about 6 inches away from his bumper. And I can understand that if you are a new driver why you wouldn't have insurance yet (though it isn't the best idea) since you did mention this was yoursecond time driving on the street.

Ranmaru
Oct 30, 2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I'm going to get my insurance today. My parents insisted I help them drive. If I had a child, I would not let them drive unless they had insurance.

Ugh, Murphy's law. xD

Omega_Weltall
Oct 30, 2008, 01:33 PM
heh just last night i pased a wreck on the way back form work. the wreck blocked ALL lanes of traffic on a VERY busy highway (think 4 lanes of traffic and various on ramps all converging in to 2 tunnel lanes) on top of that they were doing road matinence on 1 lane so all those lanes of traffic had to all merge on 1 lane. GOD i hate driveing

Cracka_J
Oct 30, 2008, 03:17 PM
I'm also a huge fan of how people on the highway love to use your "buffer zone" as a means to cut you off.

No, that fucking space in front of my car isn't for you. It's to prevent me from hitting the guy in front of me if he slams on his breaks. Fuck off asshole.

McLaughlin
Oct 30, 2008, 04:30 PM
The last time I was with my dad that happened. The guy was trying to force his way through three lanes to get to the off-ramp, and we were in the lane beside it. When he got over he tried to cut in front of my dad, so my dad sped up to match his speed. He blocked him until the guy missed his turn-off.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 30, 2008, 07:32 PM
On that note, people in general who have to stay in the fast lane as LONG AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE before their exit, then try and bully their way over, and then freak out when you don't let them are some of my "favorites".

I hate people who feel entitled to my cooperation but also expect me to lick their boots as they walk all over me. That's a bit generalistic, but as far as I care, that's how so many drivers are these days.

UnderscoreX
Oct 30, 2008, 09:29 PM
So, is your sister okay ? You kinda cut off the story when it got exciting.

As said, it sucks that something like this happened so soon after getting your licence but driving without insurance is bad and you should feel bad.

Monochrome
Oct 31, 2008, 01:07 AM
Got up today to take my roommate to work at 7:30AM and there was a card on my windshield. I thought it was an advertisement but I got closer and it had a Fullerton PD badge symbol it. I thought OH SNAP did I get cited or something? The card had a written message on the back:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii158/ayumifanatic/palmspringsncardamage043.jpg

Then I actually look at my car and see:

[spoiler-box]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii158/ayumifanatic/palmspringsncardamage046.jpg[/spoiler-box]

... Where is my side mirror??

[spoiler-box]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii158/ayumifanatic/palmspringsncardamage041.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Oh, there it is! How kind of them to leave the remnants for me.

I'm not that mad really. But honestly, couldn't leave a note, huh? Just gonna get away with it huh? It's ok, I'll pay out of my own pocket. No, really.

Yes, granted, I don't drive an Acura or anything. But I always get comments from my friends how my car is "so clean" and looks "brand new"(it's an '03). In fact, I had washed it yesterday. Oh well, even the Mona Lisa is falling apart...

Cracka_J
Oct 31, 2008, 09:39 AM
Oh, there it is! How kind of them to leave the remnants for me.

Wow, that fucking sux man.
Maybe they thought you could superglue it or something lulz.

raikomaru40
Oct 31, 2008, 10:33 AM
Wear it as a hat?

Monochrome
Nov 3, 2008, 12:25 AM
Haha, I already got stopped by a police officer for my lack of a side mirror. He was cool though, as he didn't ticket me for it OR my illegal tint :)

Guess I really should get it fixed

On "stupid reckless drivers": today I was driving behind a utility truck (you know, the kind with big tool boxes on either side of it). Anyway, It had a ladder in the back and a big piece of plywood (maybe 10' X 4') slanted toward the front of the truck. Anyway doing about 20 MPH and the piece of plywood goes airborn and does a flip, then comes flying toward my car. Dodged it, but anyway...dam! It's like Final Destination, but for my car!

Ranmaru
Nov 4, 2008, 06:33 PM
So, is your sister okay ? You kinda cut off the story when it got exciting.

As said, it sucks that something like this happened so soon after getting your licence but driving without insurance is bad and you should feel bad.

Oh she is ok, sorry, did I just blurt all that out and cut it off to rant?

Yeah, basically we waited for the police to come, reported it, seemed to know the other driver. I think she didn't know I had a liscense, so she probaly didn't get covered from my mom's insurance. Oh well, good for her, I say.

After that, came home, and posted this. ;3

I'm in the insurance now, and I'm driving still. I won't let this stop me, although it makes me more "cautious".

Tyreek
Nov 6, 2008, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the fold Ranmaru. And remember, as cautious as you can be, someone on the road is still gonna screw up one way or another.

Zorafim
Nov 6, 2008, 01:19 PM
I was rear-ended the other day, when stopped at a stop light. Sure, the impact was minimal, but how hard is it to stop your car at a stop sign, especially if the car ahead of you has been there waiting for his turn for half a minute?

Of course, nothing's going to beat my parked car getting totaled.

Jesus, I was wondering why the entrance exam was so easy... I'd love to have a harder exam so people would think more when on the road.

Tyreek
Nov 6, 2008, 01:38 PM
Zorafim, you've proven my point exactly.

Kylie
Nov 6, 2008, 06:40 PM
Yes, car insurance is important to get because you never know when some crazy, needs to learn how to drive person is going to come out of nowhere and ram right into you. :wacko: I'm mad at vehicles in general right now though.