PDA

View Full Version : Snoring

MaximusLight
Nov 1, 2008, 05:41 AM
Well I was resisting the urge to write God-D#@! F!@#$@#$ Snoring as the title.

Let me explain:
I got up at this time yesterday because I have to get to work in the mornings, I just went over to a friend house tonight and am staying over so I didn't have to trek across the city for an hour to get home and sleep. So there is me and this other person are sleeping on the couches, no big deal at first quite manageable so I just told myself to suck it up.

I wake up a hour later, I'm certifiably upset, it's been 21 hours with a ten hour labour job in between there, but again I decide to ignore the fact that their breathing is constantly changing in pitch and volume and muscle myself into sleep again.

Another hour later, same thing more extreme this time.

Two hours later, I wake up and almost lose my cool and stomp the floor (thereby alerting all who are sleeping to my wakefulness and doing exactly what was frustrating me :wacko: ). I honestly am going nuts here I freaking woke up at this time yesterday. It's not like it's constant either it sounds slightly waining and under stress while it always changes volume.

I remember from my studies last year during Physiology class that their is a condition where if there is an excess of fat around the throat of a person it actually starts to cut off air circulation, and this person seems to be showing all the signs of a very mild case of the condition. Like they aren't all that big, they just have a lot of flab around their neck, looks like it's just their body type (which is prone to the sleeping disorder). That said I don't think this would play a very big role in the persons sleeping like it does in an all out disorder, but I think that if they knew about it they could get some benefit for their sleep if they just did a few things. Like it would probably be easier for them to sleep and get more rested if they just got a pillow which forced their neck into a proper position thereby reducing if not eliminating the strain on their neck. However, they are a woman and one I don't know, so I can't tell them that their neck having a lot of fat around it is causing them to snore, and I don't really think anyone else could for that matter since most of that is forbidden talking ground with women. (also of course I'm not a doctor so I'm not qualified to make the diagnosis either, but I don't think it would hurt for them to get it checked out...).

anyhow back to "try" to sleep again.

Vanzazikon
Nov 1, 2008, 10:08 AM
Hey, I was told I snored when I sleep. You wouldn't like me. :D

EphekZ
Nov 1, 2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah it's annoying, but I snore sometimes. and i'm very self-conscience about it. It's a problem I bet everyone would rather not have.

SabZero
Nov 1, 2008, 03:05 PM
Well, it could be a medical issue, so it's important to be able to talk about it - the person almost never knows they have that problem, and they might want to get checked out....

Tyreek
Nov 1, 2008, 05:18 PM
Heh, I dealt with two roommates who snored loud as hell. How I could get to sleep is beyond me. Thank god I don't have to deal with it anymore. I was told by my mother that I snore though, I can't see how. Probably low pitch breathing and such lol.

Kylie
Nov 1, 2008, 09:30 PM
Both my parents snore. :disapprove: It's a pain to share a hotel room with them.

Leviathan
Nov 1, 2008, 09:46 PM
I snore is I sleep with my face up.
I don't snore when I sleep on my side.

Maybe you should make up some kind of excuse & tell your friend to sleep on their side, like it's healthier or helps your breathing?

TheOneHero
Nov 1, 2008, 09:51 PM
Tonsils affect snoring habits quite a bit.

CelestialBlade
Nov 1, 2008, 09:52 PM
My dad used to snore a ton, but I kinda got used to it. One of my dogs snored even LOUDER.

Solstis
Nov 1, 2008, 10:53 PM
You referring to sleep apnea Maximus? Lots of fun dating someone with it (erg).

KaFKa
Nov 2, 2008, 04:51 AM
Make them sleep on their sides, or stomach.

Problem solved unless theyve got a swollen throat or something

Sharkyland
Nov 2, 2008, 11:18 AM
I wish there was a way to get rid of it besides surgery. :/

Vanzazikon
Nov 3, 2008, 03:53 PM
A coincedence happened, I read this thread before sleeping and my brother woke me up saying I snored very loud. :D