PDA

View Full Version : Im sick of this waiting game (question inside)

ChaosAngel92
Nov 2, 2008, 12:15 AM
I did everything I could to "hold my breath" in order to wait for the US version.
Lets say......I can get in a few hours PSP (note to mods: Im not saying where, how, although this message makes it perfectly clear)

My question is, considering I have no idea of kanjis, and I barely understand some katakana. How complicated the game can get without knowing japanese?

Look so far I don't care about story, skip all that, but Items and else can get quite complicated I guess.
Well answer what you think.

Thanks a lot, have a nice day.

Tyreek
Nov 2, 2008, 12:28 AM
That is cleary dependant on you. As for weapons, they are easy to memorize, as long as you keep up with how it is spelled. As for things like story missions, which you said you don't care for, you can pretty much go about the game without that much of a problem, unless there is something important to that is brought to light in the game, in which you'll be clueless unless you do a bit of trial and error searching for what to do next. Hope that answers your question.

ChaosAngel92
Nov 2, 2008, 12:33 AM
That is cleary dependant on you. As for weapons, they are easy to memorize, as long as you keep up with how it is spelled. As for things like story missions, which you said you don't care for, you can pretty much go about the game without that much of a problem, unless there is something important to that is brought to light in the game, in which you'll be clueless unless you do a bit of trial and error searching for what to do next. Hope that answers your question.

It does in a certain way.
So, yeah this is game is not Crisis Core (I tried to play it on japanese when there was no US version) and I guess PSU is a lineal game.
Get out of the room, go to the guild, ask for the mission pres X X X X X X X X X X X in order to skip all the dialogue and you will be automaticly directed to the battle field.
I guess thats how the things should work.

Ill try it and see if I can bear with it.
In the meantime, thanks a lot.

Rakukojin
Nov 2, 2008, 02:24 AM
pres X X X X X X X X X X X in order to skip all the dialogue

Pressing Start will bypass the dialogue completely unless you're required to respond to something.

ChaosAngel92
Nov 2, 2008, 02:31 AM
Pressing Start will bypass the dialogue completely unless you're required to respond to something.

I demand that implemented on PSU.
Thanks a lot for the tip. Im 7 hours away of resolving how difficult this can turn.

Chris28
Nov 3, 2008, 06:15 AM
psupedia is your friend. You can find out what titles you earned and what item you got for it. You can compare weapon stats to their database to figure out the item you found. It has almost all the drop charts for each mission. It also has each mission listed in the order that they are listed in the game. There is also a lot more that I don't feel like typing right now. You can easily get by in the JP game.