PDA

View Full Version : **bug?/warning**

Zipp0
Mar 2, 2001, 03:48 AM
Last night Spy, Warlord, and myself made 3 new charcters for our new clan. We all make a game and lay out tons of items on the store floor to transfer to our new charcters.(That is NOT cheating). Anyway theirs hundreds of items everywhere and warlord and myself decide to leave first and come back for the pickups while spy stays behind.

Well... When I get back with my other character to lay more items down, I notice all of War's pile is GONE. I asked where it was and if he moved it or decided not to transfer afterall. Spy didn't know anymore than I did. So I leave and come back with my new clan character and start picking things up.

Then... War comes back and starts screaming that all his items are GONE. So while I'm picking my itmes up, spy leaves to make his new character. And thats when it hits me.

I'm not sure if its a bug or if its meant to happen to prevent an overload of items. But the game erased War's items because there were too many on the screen. So since War layed his down first it deleleted them one by one as the limit of items were continously layed down.

Later I found out I lost my Walmk2. I probably lost more but cant remember everything I had layed down.

So DONT do major tranfers with alot of people. I'm not sure if everybody knows this or not, but the game will erase items if theirs too many in the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Jaiden
Mar 2, 2001, 04:03 AM
Zipp0, there is a maximum of 50 items on the MAP. It doesn't matter if they are on screen or not. I don't know if this applies across levels, i.e. can you have 50 items in caves and 50 items in mines? I don't know.

So yea Warlord pretty much lost his stuff for good. I hope he had a backup!

This isn't a bug. Its to protect server integrity. Can you imagine how bad it would lag if there was hundreds of items laying around???

Defend
Mar 2, 2001, 04:51 AM
Agreed. I discovered this the time I put all my equipable gear down first, including the MAG... I just powered down to get it all back, lost onyl about 3 hours work. This is in offline mode BTW, its just the same in offline mode.

kazee
Mar 2, 2001, 05:03 AM
it has happened to me twice before...just remember not to transfer too many items at any one time...

horr0rstory
Mar 2, 2001, 08:08 AM
yup, i lost quite a few rare items that way. i just went to sort out my check room, and tried droppin them all to make it easier, and poof, half went away. bummer

Acel
Mar 2, 2001, 08:40 AM
If I'm not wrong (I read something about this in a japanese website) you can only have 60? items dropped in town. One way to test is to drop 61 mesetas one by one by the bank...