PDA

View Full Version : Call of duty 4

Majarra
Nov 3, 2008, 05:59 PM
So whats your favorite weapons/most used ones? Me i prefer the G3,MP5,P90, and M40A3 for sniping. You guys?

McLaughlin
Nov 3, 2008, 06:33 PM
M14, M4, and the M40A3/R700. I've got Red Tiger camo on all those guns as well (all sniper rifles and every assault rifle barring the MP44). Stopped prestige-ing after the second one though, because I like the symbol and got sick of having to re-earn all my camouflages without some kind of reward for prestige-ing.

Split
Nov 3, 2008, 06:39 PM
M4 = rape, and the knife is sick (but I don't charge people just in case anyone cares, that's just dumb).

McLaughlin
Nov 3, 2008, 07:13 PM
M4 + ACOG for life.

I don't use an ACOG on any of my Sniper classes though. Can't see with them on.

Aisha379
Nov 3, 2008, 08:45 PM
Custom classes are as follows:

1. Silenced MP5

Claymores
UAV Jammer
Dead Silence

2. AK74 with red dot (occasionally switch to Mini-uzi with silencer)

Bomb Squad
Stopping Power
Steady aim

3. Switch between all the sniper rifles, but mostly the M40 or Drugnov. No ACOG (I used to be good sniping with an ACOG, but its harder for me now)

Claymores
UAV jammer
deep penetration

4. G36C with red dot / M4 with Red dot or ACOG

3 Frags
Fast Reload
Deep Penetration

I try to avoid using this class MOST of the time. Since I think assault rifles are the games easy button. Also, I absolutely hate M16 users and grenade launcher spammers with a deep passion.

5. M60 with ACOG

3 frag
fast reload
deep penetration

I only play on hardcore really.

McLaughlin
Nov 3, 2008, 09:08 PM
M16 and the MP44 should be swapped in terms of when you unlock them. It's arguably the best gun in the game.

I like using the M14 because no one uses it (outside of Hardcore). I try to only whip out the M4 when my team's being man-handled.

EDIT: Why does Juggernaut make headshots useless? No sniper rifle in the game can get a one shot kill without Stopping Power on a player with Juggernaut. All my sniper classes use Juggernaut (even though I would MUCH prefer UAV Jammer) because nailing someone through the bridge of their nose and seeing that damn + sign pop up infuriates me.

Aisha379
Nov 4, 2008, 10:58 AM
The MP44 confuses me. Its the final gun you unlock, yet has lower stats than the one right above it, and is the only gun in the game that has no physical upgrades whatsoever (besides the desert eagle).

I know there must be SOME sort of advantage or pro it has, but I dunno what that is.

But yeah, shooting at Juggernaught users with sniper rifles is lame. Especially if they are running even before the first shot. ~_~

AC9breaker
Nov 4, 2008, 01:12 PM
Here are my Set-up.

Sniper

R40 or 50. Cal Blue Tiger Camo
2 Land Mines
Stopping Power
Iron Lungs.
Flash

Light Machine Gun class
RPD with Grip and Red Tiger Camo
Stopping Power
Deep Penetration
Stun

(Iron sigts on RPD are the best and with RPD there's very little recoil. It was my first class I I really loved)

Sub Machine Gun class.
Silenced Golden Uzi
2 C4 Packs
UAV Jammer
Dead Silence
Smokes

(This is basically my Domination class. Use this to harrass/spawn camp the opposing teams focal starting point.)

Assualt Rifle
Golden AK47 with ACOG
Bandolier
Stopping Power
Steady aim
Flash

(The AK is way freaking powerful and combine it with an aACOG and you've got a psuedo Snipe rifle that you can use as a Sub-Machine gun thanks to Steady Aim. You can you usually squeeze off two accurate shots looking down the scope. more then enough to kill most things with stopping power perk on.)

Shotgun class.
Golden Automatic with Red Dot
3 Grenades
Sleight of hand
Steady Aim
Smokes

(My charging class.)

McLaughlin
Nov 4, 2008, 02:01 PM
I've got no problem hitting people while they run. It just sucks when I hear that oh so satisfying "plink" and then see that goddamn cross pop up.

Aisha379
Nov 4, 2008, 02:01 PM
I want a shotgun class, but I don't like the idea of temporarily switching out any of my custom ones. I wish they gave you a few more slots D=

And I'm going to try that AK47 + Acog and steady aim out...sounds interesting...

EDIT:

I've got no problem hitting people while they run. It just sucks when I hear that oh so satisfying "plink" and then see that goddamn cross pop up.

Ever fought people with juggernaut AND last stand?

Now THAT is annoying X_X

Majarra
Nov 4, 2008, 02:32 PM
Are you on 360 AC9? Your weps sound real familar and saw a golden AK in a domination match yesterday..... And the most annoying thing is modded controllers. Damn G3 hax. Im ok with juggernaut. I just use deep impact to kill em. They always hide when there about to die.

McLaughlin
Nov 4, 2008, 03:25 PM
I want a shotgun class, but I don't like the idea of temporarily switching out any of my custom ones. I wish they gave you a few more slots D=

And I'm going to try that AK47 + Acog and steady aim out...sounds interesting...

EDIT:

Ever fought people with juggernaut AND last stand?

Now THAT is annoying X_X

Only annoying when someone else snakes my kill while I wait for the rifle to steady again.

But yeah, that really irritates me when it happens.

Sinue_v2
Nov 4, 2008, 06:26 PM
I just recently got the game, and I'm only about lvl 16 - so I really don't know much about weapon performance and what's best for what situations. I just use what first pops up, and camp.

AC9breaker
Nov 4, 2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I'm on the 360. but I'm pretty sure you'd know you played against me since my username and gamertag are both the same. Also golden AK isn't really that uncommon. I have had the game since day one when it was first launched and they're not as uncommon as back in the day. I laugh when I see those doods who shoot the handguns and G3s/M4s like they're machine guns.

The only thing that really gets me annoyed these days are lucky shot snipers. I've seen peeps headshot me and the crosshairs where no where near my head.

Also, have you guys played the CoD: World at War beta yet? It's pretty enjoyable, not surprising since it's built around the CoD4 engine.

Split
Nov 4, 2008, 07:36 PM
haven't seen any P90 bullet spitters yet, always a good thing...

Daft777
Nov 4, 2008, 08:07 PM
G36C+red dot sight, bandolier, double tap, deep impact, and stun grenades.

As for sniping: R700, bomb squad, stopping power, iron lungs, and flash grenades.

McLaughlin
Nov 4, 2008, 08:08 PM
Know what I love?

Dieing from a Airstrike, and then spawning under it and dieing again.

Silenced P90 players with UAV Jammer make me want to /facepencil.

Majarra
Nov 5, 2008, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I'm on the 360. but I'm pretty sure you'd know you played against me since my username and gamertag are both the same. Also golden AK isn't really that uncommon. I have had the game since day one when it was first launched and they're not as uncommon as back in the day. I laugh when I see those doods who shoot the handguns and G3s/M4s like they're machine guns.

The only thing that really gets me annoyed these days are lucky shot snipers. I've seen peeps headshot me and the crosshairs where no where near my head.

Also, have you guys played the CoD: World at War beta yet? It's pretty enjoyable, not surprising since it's built around the CoD4 engine. Yea i played it. Its nothing compared to COD4 though. The graphics may be hawt but it just seems much slower. And last complaint who the hell did those voices?! Terrible.

Aisha379
Nov 5, 2008, 01:44 AM
And last complaint who the hell did those voices?! Terrible.

Thats exactly what I couldn't stop thinking while I was playing it.

They also took the easy way out of dialogue writing and just threw in tons of swearing (although I'm not exactly against swearing itself per se, I do hate tons of it and when it takes the place of what should have been good writing).

Overall, doesn't seem too bad right now, but I'm far from impressed. And something about the sound effects just sound...weird...

Majarra
Nov 5, 2008, 07:41 PM
Thats exactly what I couldn't stop thinking while I was playing it.

They also took the easy way out of dialogue writing and just threw in tons of swearing (although I'm not exactly against swearing itself per se, I do hate tons of it and when it takes the place of what should have been good writing).

Overall, doesn't seem too bad right now, but I'm far from impressed. And something about the sound effects just sound...weird... Is treyarch trying to be SEGA? This is almost an exact reskin with a different area. The new shanking[knifing] effects are awsome. And so is the gore but its not as noticable as i wish it was.

Solstis
Nov 6, 2008, 12:23 AM
People that complain about the P90 clearly never had to deal with Call of Duty 2's PPSH.

McLaughlin
Nov 6, 2008, 08:03 AM
No, thank God I didn't. My friend did though. I've heard about how nuts that thing was.

AC9breaker
Nov 6, 2008, 10:40 AM
P90 is weaksauce. Obtrusive iron sights, loud as hell with flash to boot, not to mention weak. Every other sub- machine gun outperforms it in just about every way. With the Uzi being the best.

Majarra
Nov 6, 2008, 02:01 PM
P90 is weaksauce. Obtrusive iron sights, loud as hell with flash to boot, not to mention weak. Every other sub- machine gun outperforms it in just about every way. With the Uzi being the best.Ehh its alright. When i prestiged i was so damn pissed i lost my P90 but now i find the MP5 the best. With silencer of course

Aisha379
Nov 6, 2008, 02:07 PM
I primarily use Sub machineguns.

I like the mini-uzi, but the recoil on that thing is just absolutely crazy. If your shooting someone straight infront of you the thing is going to fling back so far your practically shooting at the sky.

Yeah, I know, use short bursts and stuff, but even then it jumps around quite a bit. Thats why I usually have to use a silencer on it (even though its not my stealth class one).

For stealth I like the MP5 and the Skorpion (highly underrated gun), for more assault I think the AK74 is the best (and maybe the mini-uzi, when I get used to it more...)

The P90 has never pissed me off. The only gun I hate is the M16, since its just cheap as hell and so many people use it now. I intentionally like to try out other stuff and use guns most people don't use, its not like it would be hard to kick ass using an assault rifle (I once got 32 kills and 4 deaths with the G36C).

PIT
Nov 13, 2008, 05:19 PM
P90 is weaksauce. Obtrusive iron sights, loud as hell with flash to boot, not to mention weak. Every other sub- machine gun outperforms it in just about every way. With the Uzi being the best.

I hope you're talking about the in-game stats, 'cause in reality it's the complete opposite

AC9breaker
Nov 13, 2008, 06:43 PM
I hope you're talking about the in-game stats, 'cause in reality it's the complete opposite

:wacko:

Aisha379
Nov 13, 2008, 06:55 PM
I finally got my Red Tiger for the mini-uzi. I'd still have to say I like the gun, but its pretty difficult (for me) to use at times.

MP5 and Mini-uzi down, already have blue for Skorpion and AK74u and digital on the P90 (it really is the worst Submachine gun........in game.)

Rubius-sama
Nov 14, 2008, 01:46 AM
I'm mainly a G3 user or M4 + ACOG. I play hardcore mode and use perks like UAV Jammer, Claymore, and Deep Impact. Not that I play CoD4 much, I find it too easy to get a kill and it gets boring when you're #1 every game.

Halo 3 MLG is still the most adrenaline-rushing FPS experience to me.

PIT
Nov 19, 2008, 03:15 PM

:wacko:

I fail to see the joke here.

unless

makes you think we chase polar bears with AK's

I'll tell you a secret:
there are no polar bears in Poland and the snow is here only for about 3 months in a year.

Please don't tell anyone.