PDA

View Full Version : Frustration with impressions...

The_Gio
Nov 3, 2008, 11:52 PM
ok...I am really fucking frustrated at the first couple of impressions when it comes to people, especially with girls!

It pisses me off that I always end up either not trying hard enough or trying too much.

I always either scare people away or they leave just because I dont seem to give a shit, when in reality, thats not the case..i just dont want to try too hard.

What set me off this time, is that im just sick of getting close to having a relationship

I met a girl around two weeks ago..but we've been dancing around each others attention for the past two years..so now we finally get a class together and things are a little shaky with me, thankfully she puts in more than her effort to become friends and we end up becoming friends, she gets my cell and starts texting me and calling me and all that.

at first, i thought she was just drunk or high when she would message me since she would literally worship me in every text saying im cute and cool and all that. When I told her that, she says she's sober when she says those things to me and last thing she wants is me thinking she tells the things she tells me to everyone...so after i find that out I apologize to her and start praising her, telling her last thing i want is to push her away. she likes it and what not and so goes on the week

so if anyone payed attention to the post i posted in another subject, she invited me over to her house for halloween, and spent the night with her alone, after a week of knowing her. Things led to another and we ended up kissing and that kept escalating which I drew the line at sex cus i respect her too much to go for her at first opportunity. She liked that and she kept saying im very sweet and all that.

So halloween weekend passed and now i went to school today. She didnt kiss me, she did hug me but it felt akward, so that confused me. That led to me telling her that it confused me and that I dont know what to think of her at the moment. So i asked her if friday night meant anything and she said yeah it did but that im starting to make her think about it. I told her whatever she thinks about, thats her thing, and that its better anyway if she thinks it all out now anyway but to take her time, im not rushing her or anything that i mostly just wanted to know if friday night meant anything. So she told me she doesnt know...and pretty much ended it at that.

so now here i am angry at myself because i know this isnt going to end well...i shouldve just not said anything, the thing is if i didnt, she probably would start to think im not interested because like i said i didnt know if the night we spent together was something else or was it just a one night thing, and so would cause me to not try anything.

the thing that bothers me about all this is, if she knew me like other people do, she would know i dont really word my intentions right and usually come off as more of an asshole or just completely fake rather than what i wanted to say, with that said, im not very good with impressions when it comes to people. you got to be really patient to be my friend which leads as to why i dont have many. Im trying to change that but thats where the i try too hard or not try hard enough comes in

I HATE THE FIRST COUPLE OF IMPRESSIONS WITH PEOPLE!!!!

k...im done..

MetaZedlen
Nov 3, 2008, 11:57 PM
Well dude, my turn...

What I see is that you seem to be trying too hard, but then again, don't beat yourself up if you have a harder time trying to talk to other people, first impressions are a bitch, I would know...

Try to change a little bit about yourself, but never who you are, you'll just feel like even worse shit.

Tyreek
Nov 4, 2008, 12:07 AM
Hmm.... I wouldn't jump the gun too much. Give it a day to blow over. You may probably be getting upset over nothing at the moment. If she really is into you as you say, then things should be okay. And yes, first impressions are a doosey lol.

EphekZ
Nov 4, 2008, 01:23 AM
Dude, you hooked up with some chick. That's all it is right now. She isn't entitled to be your girlfriend. Don't think too much about it. Just keep going with the flow, keep hanging out with her and if more nights like the one you hooked up happens, that's when you start considering a relationship.

edit: people are so quick to rush into a bf/gf relationship it's hilarious :disapprove:

amtalx
Nov 4, 2008, 11:55 AM
"Frankie says relax."

You're overthinking EVERYTHING. Not everything she does is a message that you're supposed to decode. It seems like she likes you, so half the work is already done.

Vanzazikon
Nov 4, 2008, 12:02 PM
Well, the fact that she kissed you shows that she does have some feelings for you.

EDIT: Or the fact that you cut the line at sex made her mad but she didn't want to show it so she lied that it was sweet of you. That's something to think about. :D

Kylie
Nov 4, 2008, 01:04 PM
Well, you see, first impressions are important because there are so many people in the world, and it's hard to impossible to take the time to get to know each and every one of them. Therefore, people aren't always going to have an interest in you if they don't think they connect well with you. Women are especially intuitive when it comes to this, or at least we think we are. :lol: I don't think you should try too hard though. If it comes to you, it comes to you. If it doesn't, don't try to force it. Not to say you should just give up, but you don't want to lose who you are.

The_Gio
Nov 4, 2008, 01:48 PM
Dude, you hooked up with some chick. That's all it is right now. She isn't entitled to be your girlfriend. Don't think too much about it. Just keep going with the flow, keep hanging out with her and if more nights like the one you hooked up happens, that's when you start considering a relationship.

edit: people are so quick to rush into a bf/gf relationship it's hilarious :disapprove:

see thats the thing im talking about...im not the type to rush into a relationship...thats why i dont know whether to be aggressive with her because she likes me or just treat it like a one time thing.if it wasnt a one time thing...im gonna be hurting her...and if it wasnt and i treat it like it was, im gonna come out looking like i just wanted a quick hook up which isnt the case. I just dont know what to think about this is all.

You make sense,the most sense ill say that. thanks for the advice..not that im unappreciative of the other advice but this pretty much makes it clearer to think

Solstis
Nov 4, 2008, 10:39 PM
Well, the fact that she kissed you shows that she does have some feelings for you.

EDIT: Or the fact that you cut the line at sex made her mad but she didn't want to show it so she lied that it was sweet of you. That's something to think about. :D

Plenty of women just want to get laid. I am going to say that going all the way at your age is a bad idea, but Van has a point.

BlaizeYES
Nov 5, 2008, 04:10 PM
you know, my brother is very good at impressions, and i'm terrible at it. he can do every nationality perfect. i cant fake any accents, although i do a pretty good john wayne impression. when my brother came to visit me once and we went out to eat, we were ordering drinks at our table, and when he asked for some sort of exotic flavor, the waitress asked, "oh my god... are you british? thats so cool!" we looked at each other smiling, obviously the girl was pretty bright. so he proceeded to do a british impersination to order his appetisers and meal, and every time the waitress would walk by he'd go back to his english mannerisms and accent... it was actually rather impressive. then as the dinner progressed and a few more drinks were consumed, it turned to this cockney british slurred accent that was actually pretty comical.

thats what you meant when you made the topic "frustrations with impressions," right?