PDA

View Full Version : GC Mil Lily and Redrias...?

Sazega
Nov 6, 2008, 11:50 PM
Yeah, to use the telepipe trick, do you have to be outside the room looking in?

Because I was in cave 1, looking for a Mil Lilly, and there were 4 in the room... and everytime they spawned, 3 automatically targeted me...

But one didn't, and thats the one that became a Mil Lilly...

Also, I tried it again... and I must've done seriously, 240 pipes, and didn't get a Mil until I made pipes outside of the room, and looked in(after a few tries of that)

Thanks

Ketchup345
Nov 7, 2008, 12:02 AM
You can be outside the room. I found almost all of my Hildetorrs outside the room.

Also as a reminder: piping does wear the system out fairly rapidly.

Vanzazikon
Nov 7, 2008, 01:05 AM
I see the effects of piping on my GC. Does it do the same for a Xbox and DC.

Splash
Nov 7, 2008, 01:49 AM
I see the effects of piping on my GC. Does it do the same for a Xbox and DC.
Yes. Piping is the act of causing the game to keep reloading the disc over and over again in a short amount of time, which essentially wears out the laser faster since you aren't giving it time to rest.

On-topic: As long the monster has a rare counterpart, it will always have a chance at becoming a rare monster. It doesn't matter where you pipe.

Sazega
Nov 7, 2008, 06:53 AM
Thanks Guys.

Also, does anyone know how bad the "wear down" actually is?

Like, how bad will it affect my gameplay? And how many pipes is... Uhm, I guess, "enough" for a day at a time?

T0m
Nov 7, 2008, 08:10 AM
The wear down can go from "Hah, I don't care about that!", to "I can't use this Gamecube at all anymore!"
My first Gamecube ended up producing Disc Read Errors at an alarming frequency. In effect, PSO became unplayable.

Splash
Nov 7, 2008, 01:47 PM
If you pipe 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on a new Gamecube, the Gamecube will not function properly by the end of the week. That's how much it really kills the GC.

Evidently, you should only do the piping maybe once or twice per week. Since you can't determine the exact number of pipes you will need, it's up to you to think how much you want to do before you give up.

Sazega
Nov 7, 2008, 05:07 PM
If you pipe 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on a new Gamecube, the Gamecube will not function properly by the end of the week. That's how much it really kills the GC.

Evidently, you should only do the piping maybe once or twice per week. Since you can't determine the exact number of pipes you will need, it's up to you to think how much you want to do before you give up.

Alright man, thanks.

I guess I'll limit my piping to like 1 1/2 a day max. X.X

Once again, thanks everyone.

Sazega
Nov 7, 2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah, so, the chance of finding a Demolition Comet off a Mil Lily(According to the drop charts) is 1/2 for a Redria on the GC version. I've killed 6 now, why haven't I gotten any? D:

Is it wrong, or am I just uberly unlucky? >.>

Splash
Nov 7, 2008, 08:05 PM
The latter. Just keep trying.

halibabica
Nov 7, 2008, 11:41 PM
Incidentally, does anybody know the actual chance of a rare monster appearing? And does it depend on what kind of enemy it is?

Ketchup345
Nov 8, 2008, 12:20 AM
1/512 on GC/XBox for all.

Nisoth
Nov 8, 2008, 03:22 AM
Also, some cheats will stop rares from dropping. Make sure your mag isn't over level 200, and you're not stacking items that shouldn't be stacked. If you're not cheating, then yes, you're getting pretty boned. Keep trying. Luckily lilies are a pretty easy pipe.

TrueChaos
Nov 8, 2008, 05:28 AM
same happened to me, i so far ive fought a total of 9 mil lillies and ive got it twice, it happens and its a bitch when it does.

Ithildin
Nov 8, 2008, 07:19 AM
I know I have said this before and I don't like to contribute to a "throw away" society but you can get gamecubes off ebay so cheap these days. I myself have three and bought the last one for just under £5, about $8. I use one for piping and one other for gameplay. (The other is broken due to piping, probably).

TrueChaos
Nov 8, 2008, 10:04 AM
being in the room works as well, im normally in the room when i do piping.

Sazega
Nov 8, 2008, 11:57 AM
Also, some cheats will stop rares from dropping. Make sure your mag isn't over level 200, and you're not stacking items that shouldn't be stacked. If you're not cheating, then yes, you're getting pretty boned. Keep trying. Luckily lilies are a pretty easy pipe.

Ooooooh? I can't have a mag at level 200 with me? or over 10 star atomizers and trifluids? x.x Okay, lol thanks.

And, yes, it's 1/512 for GC and XBOX(chance of rare monster)

Sazega
Nov 8, 2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah, so I've killed 9 total now. Still no drop. Is it a 1/22 chance or 1/2? Every guide says 1/2 but shouldn't I have gotten one by now?

It's pissing me off so bad :-x

Sazega
Nov 8, 2008, 01:58 PM
I'm so angry. I've killed 9 Mil Lilies and haven't gotten the stupid Demolition Comet. Is it really a 1/22 chance, and it's a type on the page, or 1/2 chance and I just fail at this whole lucky item finding thing?

Neith
Nov 8, 2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah, so I've killed 9 total now. Still no drop. Is it a 1/22 chance or 1/2? Every guide says 1/2 but shouldn't I have gotten one by now?

It's pissing me off so bad :-x

1/2 drop. I've seen loads of them drop from Mil Lilies. You're just unlucky, or disabling the drops through some cheat (though it sounds like you've disabled them already.)

Just keep hunting for Mils, nothing more you can do.

Remember that 1/2 does NOT mean you'll get one within 2 Mils, if you keep getting the 'wrong end' of the 50%, it won't drop. It took me about 6 Viridia Temple Mils to get my Standstill Shield, and that too was a 1/2 drop.

Ketchup345
Nov 8, 2008, 05:23 PM
Nope, it is 1/2. I've had horrible luck at 1/2 drops occasionally too: 11 Hildetorrs for a Frozen Shooter.

Make sure you are not using anything listed here:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71304

SStrikerR
Nov 8, 2008, 10:49 PM
Remember, 1/2 is a 50% chance. It's a coin flip.

halibabica
Nov 8, 2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah, though sometimes it seems like they're using a two-headed coin. :-x

Sazega
Nov 9, 2008, 05:01 PM
Well, 10 Mils now. And I'm killing my GC with all these pipes. xD

Oh well, hopefully I'll get it soon x.x

Sazega
Nov 9, 2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah, though sometimes it seems like they're using a two-headed coin. :-x

Lmfao I totally agree.

Oh well. Just going to kill this gamecube in the process. All my other games are running a little laggy since I've done like 10 pipe trips in 3 days o.O

It's fine, I have 2 others(don't ask). Oh well. It will be worth it. Maybe >_>

How would you rank a Dem. Comet anyway? from 1-10. 1= worst 10 = best.

I'm think seeing as it's(should be) an easy drop, 530 atp with 25 grind tops, and it's 6 hits. I'm thinking maybe, what, 9 of 10? 9.5?

Better than Yamato+60 anyway :-o

Nitro Vordex
Nov 9, 2008, 05:15 PM
Ooooooh? I can't have a mag at level 200 with me? or over 10 star atomizers and trifluids? x.x Okay, lol thanks.

And, yes, it's 1/512 for GC and XBOX(chance of rare monster)
Meaning, any mag higher than 200 or stackable items over 10 SHOULD BE IN YOUR BANK WHEN HUNTING RARES.

Darn kids can't play legitly. :X

Rob19
Nov 9, 2008, 07:02 PM
Overall? I'd say it's a 10. I personally don't use one, but that's because I have better.

It's a 10 because it is semi-easy to get and it has the 2nd highest ATP (offline) of the double saber/twin-staff group.

Sazega
Nov 9, 2008, 07:31 PM
lol, I only use over 10 healing items with my redria, because he sucks at ultimate cave x.x

So, what, only bring like 10 trifluids and 10 antiparalasis or Sol that I buy from the shop?

TrueChaos
Nov 9, 2008, 07:34 PM
it has the 2nd highest ATP (offline) of the double saber/twin-staff group.

in a way its joint second for atp with the meteor cudgel. if both are as powerful as they can be (i.e base power is as high as possible and max grinded) the cudgel will be 10atp higher then the comet. i use a demo comet but i'm hoping to get a cudgel, id really like a double cannon but as i don't even have a lavis cannon yet i don't think i'll be getting one any time soon.

Sazega
Nov 9, 2008, 07:34 PM
Overall? I'd say it's a 10. I personally don't use one, but that's because I have better.

It's a 10 because it is semi-easy to get and it has the 2nd highest ATP (offline) of the double saber/twin-staff group.

Thanks.

Soooo, that whole "No stackable items" cheat thing, that makes it disable drops... does that mean I can't have over 10 Recovery items? x.x (like 11+ trifluids and sol atomizers will disable drops?)

Sazega
Nov 9, 2008, 07:35 PM
in a way its joint second for atp with the meteor cudgel. if both are as powerful as they can be (i.e base power is as high as possible and max grinded) the cudgel will be 10atp higher then the comet. i use a demo comet but i'm hoping to get a cudgel, id really like a double cannon but as i don't even have a lavis cannon yet i don't think i'll be getting one any time soon.

Lol, my Oran actually has 2 Syncestas incidentally, but I already did Addicting food on my only Redria on Ultimate, so I can't pipe slimes to get the cannon.

How lame lol x]

Rob19
Nov 9, 2008, 07:43 PM
@TrueChaos: The only reason I didn't include Cudgel is because it has a ton of ATP variance. That means it CAN be stronger than Demo, but overall, with a 6-hit combo, more often than not it'll be weaker.

@Sazega: Yeah, just don't do that and play legit. PSO isn't that hard ;)

Sazega
Nov 9, 2008, 07:57 PM
@TrueChaos: The only reason I didn't include Cudgel is because it has a ton of ATP variance. That means it CAN be stronger than Demo, but overall, with a 6-hit combo, more often than not it'll be weaker.

@Sazega: Yeah, just don't do that and play legit. PSO isn't that hard ;)

xD Yeah, I do like cave trips with my 122 HUmar(Oran FTW[even though everyone else hates them D:]) with only buying like 10 anti-para and sols from the shop. I get all the fluids and mates I need from the level.

Also, Forest = easiest xp ever.

Yeah, that offline quest with that "Donoph" guy in ruins is real easy xp too. Because they attack him, and you kill them. Freeeeee xp. If you want, just like, kill everything except the Gran Sorcerer at the end, quit the quest, and do it again. Probly like.... over 40k exp within 30 minutes.

Well, off to go kill my GC some more and hunter for those darned Mils. x.x

Ketchup345
Nov 9, 2008, 08:22 PM
Yes, only carry 10 of an item (that can be stacked to 10 normally). Exception is Photon Drops, the game allows 99 PDs.

Sazega
Nov 10, 2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I didn't tell you, but sorry for postin that cheat up before x.x...

Didn't know it wasn't allowed.

lol, back to the topic... I'll try again tomorrow. Tried once tonight, and didn't find a lily after the first like 60 pipes... Even though I should've. Oh well, what can you do? (Besides throw your controller into the TV)

Nisoth
Nov 10, 2008, 03:02 PM
Correct. No fluids, mates, atomizers or anti's above 10. Nothing else above one. No more than 99 PDs. Mag at or below level 200.
I recommend simply disabling all chats, throwing out hacked/duped items, and playing totally legit. it makes rare hunting a lot easier, and the game isn't hard enough to warrant cheating. If you need to cheat to beat PSO, I recommend an easier game such as tic-tac-toe.

Sazega
Nov 10, 2008, 07:19 PM
Correct. No fluids, mates, atomizers or anti's above 10. Nothing else above one. No more than 99 PDs. Mag at or below level 200.
I recommend simply disabling all chats, throwing out hacked/duped items, and playing totally legit. it makes rare hunting a lot easier, and the game isn't hard enough to warrant cheating. If you need to cheat to beat PSO, I recommend an easier game such as tic-tac-toe.

lol i don't dupe items. And I only used a cheat because it was just easier seeing as I didn't have to buy the recovery items.

So, if I go hunt with 10 stars, 10 trifluids, and 10 sols, it should be 1/2 chance?

-I never use any cheat except the over 10 item thing, and haven't since this thread has been up. But, one question, why is it that with my old character, he had over 20 of the recovery items, and got rares just as often, but if i go with 13 or 12, no rares? Is it only disabled with a certain quantity over 10?

T0m
Nov 10, 2008, 08:43 PM
Seems like you still aren't convinced. ;]
Just read this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71304) topic, it covers everything you are asking about, regarding the stacking.
Ketchup345 already linked to it, but maybe you missed it there..
(But no, stacking on the team leader always disables rares from dropping, regardless of if it's 12,13, 20, or even 74).

Sazega
Nov 10, 2008, 11:08 PM
Well, thanks all of you. You guys made me remember how much more fun the game is with out cheating and being able to get rares. I forgot how unnecessary it is to use stacked items. But tonight, my hunt for the Demolition Comet ends! :D Finally, after bringing nothing except my armor, weapon, mag, a scape doll, and 10 sol atomizers(and my 11th Mil :x) I got the Demolition Comet. Totally worth the hunt, I'd recommend it for anybody. It's a little slow, but you get used to it fast. (Slightly slower than twin-sword types.) Then again, it issss stronger. And if you have that much of a problem, just put some God/Battles on! >:] Anyway, if you guys feel like talking... about any rare creature problems or incedents, just post away. I'm on every day to check if you got questions or comments.

Much love, -- Sazega <3456789

[Also, I'd like to thank you guys for reminding me how no rares actually sucks. Right after I got the Dem. Comet, I transfered it to my 123 HUmar Oran, and went through forest and cave. Since I haven't cheated, I got so much tonight. 2 Cross Scar, 3 Dragon Slayers, 1 Stag Cutlery and some other junk I can't remember at the moment. lol. Thanks guys, for all you're help. Never gonna stack items again. Stupid game, holding out on me for so long >_>. Even though the only cheat I've ever used is stacking, I now admit, and must announce: CHEATING SUCKS. BALLS. Thanks for the time guys.]

Kevino
Nov 13, 2008, 02:41 PM
Some drop rates will make you wanna beat every enemy you encounter with a stick. One person many times ago did piping runs of, what was it..., Rare ultimate Hildeltors and didn't get the drop until the 99'th kill. I've had to do a 7/8 enemy kill 12 times before I got my armor.

Sazega
Nov 13, 2008, 05:42 PM
That would be obnoxious lol

Kevino
Nov 20, 2008, 07:32 AM
You have no idea. I was just angry. She was gonna quit the game... for good I believe.