PDA

View Full Version : Zonde leveling help

Morpheo
Nov 8, 2008, 12:43 PM
I've been trying to level it at fight for food. Any other suggestions?

tadtwisted
Nov 8, 2008, 03:41 PM
sleeping warriors since the badria line up you hit all of them with one zonde blast

Genoa
Nov 9, 2008, 12:58 PM
sleeping warriors since the badria line up you hit all of them with one zonde blast

I will have to disagree. Sakura blast would be best in my opinion.
Booma's have a tendency to not move back when struck, in fact, they don't really move at all... but it causes them to stutter long enough to repeat the tech without Booma's having really any time to progress in movement. There are also a good amount of Sageeta's (which are just like Badira in Sleeping Warriors)
I find Sleeping Warriors to be annoying due to the Golmoro (those :light:-based jumpy-guys...) Badira usually get knocked out of repeated fire anyways (or at least when you're comparing to Booma's)
If you're running Sleeping Warriors S2, yes, you do have that chance of finding a [B] Psycho Wand... but I find Sakura Blast S much easier for merely tech leveling.
If you're hot enough to do Sakura Blast S2... and you find Jiggo's, you can potentially get Milla from them.
[B] Psycho Wand and Milla are both incredibly rare to come by however... but still a chance is a chance. But anyways...

I got Barta, Zonde, and Megid to 31 through Sakura Blast S
Try to pick the difficulty that makes it somewhat long-winded to kill them but not hard enough where you might die (or die easily)

In my opinion, if you have a cast (or beast even) I would make them Acrotecher and get all your desired techs to 30.
As Cast, you have high HP and Defense, but extremely low TP. This is perfect, you can take hits well, and it takes you longer to kill enemies, therefore, you get more hits in on each spawn. You also have high ATP so you can use Melee and Ranged weapons for those guys that aren't so ideal for spamming your techs against, seeing there's usually only 1 to 2 of them... like...
When you come across Ubakrada's (the huge walking-tables with the skinny little heads...) You can use melee against them (like a whip or dagger or something). Bring Cards to help take out the Sorcerer's or merely quit the mission at the end (however I tend to complete it for the chance of PF, but if you don't care for that, abandoning near the end of Block 4 would be wise)

So this is how I have my palette for tech leveling:
Wand/Madoog (tech you want to level)
Wand/Madoog (Resta/Reverser // Giresta/Reverser)
Dagger/Card (Buten Shuren-zan / Ensei-shiki) [a whip or saber would work too, but I <3 my Halp-Serafi, and Buten is very fast]
Wand/Madoog (buffs)
However, I would only use Deband, Zodial, and Shifta. You shouldn't increase your TP, the less tech damage the better.

Also, it would be wise to bring a Freeze/Resist
Of course... this is just how I do it, definitely not the only way to go about doing it.

You don't HAVE to go Cast or Beast, human or newman will do fine as well. I had already happen to have AT available for all four races.

Sidney
Nov 9, 2008, 02:36 PM
I did mine at Sleeping Warriors! I definitely second the suggestion for that. It got some good EXP there!

Genoa
Nov 9, 2008, 02:59 PM
Sleeping warriors use to be the best place, and everyone did it. Much later, Sakura Blast was released, but many people still assume that Sleeping Warriors is "the best" place to level techs.
Those who claim this, I urge you to try Sakura Blast (at least for linear-piercing techs like Zonde, Barta, and Megid) and see if it's not more suitable. It's even great for Damu, Ra, and Gi techs.

Sidney
Nov 9, 2008, 04:05 PM
Really, I think it's a matter of preference. I don't think you can say one place is the "best", it all depends on what setting the person is looking for and what annoyances they are willing to tolerate. I leveled all of my fire techs at Sakura Blast, so I definitely knew of my options. I've spent lots of time there, I know it well. For me, I do not think it is good for zonde - not enough enemies per mob. I did megid, barta and zonde at Sleeping Warriors and found the larger mobs more beneficial.

I think either is fine, to the OP, try both and see which you like. SW has annoying Svaltus, but a good chance of Psycho Wand, and SB requires a Freeze/Resist and fighting Mages, with a very minimal chance of finding Milla.

Morpheo
Nov 9, 2008, 10:10 PM
thanks for the suggestions, i am using currently a lvl 80 cast acrotecher to lvl all my techs, ive use sakura blast, but mostly for bullet lvling, i never thought of tech lvling so ill give it a shot, thanks