PDA

View Full Version : Series of Levi Rants.

Leviathan
Nov 10, 2008, 05:40 PM
1. School.

Art.
-My art teacher doesn't believe I can do anything, thus making me feel bad & unmotivated. It also makes me pissed that she doesn't grade our work until it's the very end of the six-weeks. =.=

AP English.
-Without the test I've taken I would've had a 89. Too bad I took two tests only to get a 53 average of both. I just can't concentrate during tests, especially timed tests.

Media technology
-Pretty much the same as art. Teacher believes I am incapable of doing anything, yadda yadda yadda, he doesn't actually teach I wanted to learn about journalism <I want to be one when I go to college.>, &I have to do a news story about the book "Twilight". Fuck that! ALL of the girls in that class are super jealous about that &they all want to help with the package which is great, don't get me wrong, but holy shit let me do what I do, damn!

Life [Outside of school.]
I told my mom I failed two tests, she get's angry. Which should happen, but she hints that I need to quit my job.

>>quit my job

Nononononononono.
That test was hard anyways. The whole class failed. I know I was going to fail either way. That job took way too fucking long to find. I'm not going to quit. It's holiday season &I wanted to get my family stuff this year with MY OWN money, because due to the economy we're this close <Hold two fingers 1/2 inch apart.> to losing our house. On top of that, college tuitions from my brother. We're not poor enough for free college.

Which means...

Goodbye making a bank account when I turn 17.

Goodbye having just a teensy bit of spending money.

Goodbye actually going somewhere on the weekends, even if it is work.

Goodbye making an attempt to make life easier on my parents.

=.=
Ok, I'm done I think...

Shadowpawn
Nov 10, 2008, 05:44 PM
Maybe you could scale back the hours you work, that might help. But yeah, don't quit your job. I made that mistake in high school a long time ago, it bit me in the ass in some many possible ways you wouldn't believe.

Kent
Nov 11, 2008, 07:13 AM
Yearg. What kind of English exam was that?

CrimsomWolf
Nov 11, 2008, 12:02 PM
I can understand your anger towards the teachers.

Bad teachers can ruin your subject badly

My first German teacher was a bitch and my German would continue to suffer for next 2 years.

After that, I didn't have to learn it, and now I don't speak it very well.

So, yeah that sucks...

furrypaws
Nov 11, 2008, 08:28 PM
Eww, Twilight. That book was lame.

Sounds like you're just at a tight spot in life. It'll pass, eventually. Just hold on and keep thinking of a better tomorrow.

Leviathan
Nov 11, 2008, 10:08 PM
Yearg. What kind of English exam was that?
One was about The Prince by Machiavelli.
The other was about the Declaration of Independence.
They were timed. We were practicing just like in the AP test where you would take one minute to answer one question. The ones I took time with were correct.

Man, I was hoping this rant would be about jeans...
I think they make fine jeans. ;o

Kent
Nov 11, 2008, 11:40 PM
One was about The Prince by Machiavelli.
The other was about the Declaration of Independence.
They were timed. We were practicing just like in the AP test where you would take one minute to answer one question. The ones I took time with were correct.
...Oh.

It's one of those classes where they confuse English with Literature. >_>

CrimsomWolf
Nov 12, 2008, 03:28 AM
Actually, there a lot of classes that are offically "English literature" - they do language by having you read literature - since it's usually the most advanced group.

Though until now I have yet to see a timed test on The Prince

It's not a material for that... maybe for essay that you have to write in 2 weeks...

Good lord, what English teachers do you have over there?

Kent
Nov 12, 2008, 09:39 AM
I remember in my ninth grade english class, we had people that would've otherwise had graduated high school (so three grades behind).

Additionally, we had a lot of people failing out of the class due to not being able to distinguish between different types of words. You know, nouns and verbs and such. It's kinda sad, especially since, at the time, the major language of the area was some unfortunate dialectal offshoot of English.

Leviathan
Nov 12, 2008, 05:45 PM
Actually, there a lot of classes that are offically "English literature" - they do language by having you read literature - since it's usually the most advanced group.

Though until now I have yet to see a timed test on The Prince

It's not a material for that... maybe for essay that you have to write in 2 weeks...

Good lord, what English teachers do you have over there?

English teacher's that really want us to pass the AP test.

There is an English Literature class, but mine is English Language.
But better news; I got a 97 on my arguementative essay. ;o

Tessu
Nov 12, 2008, 06:25 PM
Bring the Twilight book to school and hit your teacher with it.

Write a report on a REAL book. If I got an assignment like that I'd probably rageshark.jpeg.
I say you challenge it.

CrimsomWolf
Nov 13, 2008, 02:50 AM
English teacher's that really want us to pass the AP test.

There is an English Literature class, but mine is English Language.
But better news; I got a 97 on my arguementative essay. ;o

I don't think that making fail will get people to study more and pass test - I know that first hand, having chemistry teacher with similar mind set.

I passed probably only because I got decent marks from physics and biology...

Oh, and congrats on the essay.