PDA

View Full Version : Ex 360 owner moving on to PC gaming

Pickleahoy
Nov 10, 2008, 06:13 PM
I used to have a 360 and fell in love with this game. However, shortly after I subscribed to play online Microsoft started charging me several times for different memberships, and due to the rudeness of their customer service representatives I decided to sell everything 360 related and build a gaming pc
I read the horror stories about the weakening numbers of players in the ps2/pc servers, but still bought the game since it was only 10 bucks new. Now here's the question:

Is there any chance I'll find someone online to level up with even if I start from lvl 1? :P

Might be asking for the impossible, but it's worth a try..... I live in florida so I'll match the Eastern time peaks according to what I read. I'm tired of playing MMORPGs where all I do is click around....

Chuck_Norris
Nov 10, 2008, 06:23 PM
Well, it would probably be rather hard to find random parties at your level. But I'm sure there's a few of us PSOWers who would be happy to help you out. (Myself included) By the way, do you have the expansion, or did you just buy the original one?

Pickleahoy
Nov 10, 2008, 06:34 PM
That would be greatly appreciated. I bought the expansion since it said it was a stand alone. Right?.... RIGHT?

Dhylec
Nov 10, 2008, 06:42 PM
AoI is stand-alone, no need for the original game - unless you want to play as Ethan in the story mode.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 10, 2008, 06:44 PM
If you're online now, we could meet up if you like.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 10, 2008, 06:46 PM
I'd be willing to help. Just run a shop by name search, and search for "Gatz" In case there's more than one, it's the StormG Salvage shop. Leave me a message on the bulletin board and I'll get back to you.

Pickleahoy
Nov 10, 2008, 07:01 PM
The game should be arriving either tomorrow or wednesday. I'll certainly contact you two when I log on. Should I go for the 6 month membership? Only deciding factor is if the community can survive that long. Im thinking it could vanish when phantasy star comes out for PSP here and more so if Sony was to offer online play by linking the psp to the ps3 (If it does happen)

Chuck_Norris
Nov 10, 2008, 07:02 PM
I recomend you go with the month-by-month plan. Never know when you'll wanna stop giving Sega free money.

NoiseHERO
Nov 10, 2008, 07:20 PM
LOL my alt is the other Gatz but don't think he has a store (canceled subscription till lightning carnival or super saiyan classes) anyway thats off topic.

have fun finding a party though sure you'll meet some people

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 10, 2008, 07:47 PM
I have a newly made Lv1 character on a new account that I will play with ya if you want people to play with.

Just drop me a PM here on the site or leave a message on the BB in BIGGIE's room.

Yunfa
Nov 10, 2008, 08:20 PM
Regarding to x-box 360 customer service, once when i called them, the person I was talking to did not have a clue what he was talking about, not to mention his heavy accent, it was interesting, since I heard him talk to someone else behind the background whenever he couldn't answer, and later I found he was a new trainee, the lady who talked me after wards solved my problem, the phone call lasted an hour, 45 minutes with the trainee.

My advice, whenever you decide to call x-box live service, have the following ready.
- Gamertag name
- Address
- email acount's name
- contact number
- credit card number
- if you're paying for someone else's subscription, you'd need their email and gamertag as well

Side Note: I'm looking foward to the new x-box experience Microsoft's been boasting lately, playing PSU without the loud x-box 360 disc reader in the background is a huge plus.

Pickleahoy
Nov 10, 2008, 08:47 PM
Thank you all for your offers. I will definitely contact you once I have the game.

About MS's service, I didn't have a problem with the guys from India, however, the manager I was transferred to was an awful employee. He didn't apologize once for the many calls I had to make to fix the issue across the span of 3 weeks and had the guts to say I was the one to blame for "Purchasing and cancelling so many subscriptions".... I hadnt. Not only that, but after I got mad at his comment, keep in mind I never cursed or insulted him, he decided to pull the "is there anything else I can do for you" and once I answered "you haven't helped me at all" he hung up on me >.>. Another week went by and the last lady I spoke to managed to fix everything that was wrong easily, but the 360 and the games were already sold on Ebay by then.

Grimhart
Nov 11, 2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah, while we technically have an abysmal population compared to the other servers, there's still a lot of dedicated players over here. If you make friends with the right people, you'll pretty much always have buddies to hang out and run with!

I personally have to turn down offers and/or hide from people sometimes, since I have a good number of active friends. xD;

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 11, 2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah, while we technically have an abysmal population compared to the other servers, there's still a lot of dedicated players over here. If you make friends with the right people, you'll pretty much always have buddies to hang out and run with!

I personally have to turn down offers and/or hide from people sometimes, since I have a good number of active friends. xD;

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has to do that ^_^ I'd say we should party sometime but that would defeat the idea behind it :-D

Treize K
Nov 11, 2008, 10:23 PM
Welcome to our server ^^

Grimhart
Nov 11, 2008, 10:51 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has to do that ^_^ I'd say we should party sometime but that would defeat the idea behind it :-D

Might be fun to do so sometime! You can never have too many friends, even if your Partner Card list tries to suggest otherwise. xD

Genoa
Nov 12, 2008, 12:39 AM
Yeah! More PC/PS2 players ;)
I'll be glad to help. Characters are in Sig.

Pickleahoy
Nov 12, 2008, 12:46 AM
This is great.... Can't wait to get the game on the mail. Thank you all.

Will_Nonheim
Nov 12, 2008, 02:19 AM
I pretty much did the same thing as you; I was a 360 player from december 2006 to... uh, sometime in september last year.
I got the PS2 version this summer, and personally, while the PC/PS2 community is smaller, I find it much more fun and welcoming. I guess it's just a different environment.
I hope you'll be enjoying it as much as I've enjoyed it after my switch. :3 If you ever need some help, look me up (Will Nonheim). I'd be glad to help out.

Pickleahoy
Nov 12, 2008, 06:01 PM
The game got here today and is installing right now. Looking forward to finding you guys.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 12, 2008, 06:27 PM
Sweet. Post here when you're online.

Pickleahoy
Nov 12, 2008, 07:08 PM
Done. Starting up the online game now.

Googlebonker
Nov 12, 2008, 07:14 PM
Hello! : D And welcome to the non-JP PC/PS2 servers! I hope you have lots of fun! : D

O_O What will your characters' names be, and what is your Account Number? Look at my sig for information about my characters. : D

Pickleahoy
Nov 12, 2008, 07:57 PM
Well, I have a hard time coming up with names so my forum tag is my characters: PickleAhoy. Account number??? >.>

I left all fo you a message on your rooms. Maybe that'll amke it easier for you to find me. If anyone's starting from sctracth please give me your new character's name :P
Is there a way to minimize the game without it closing itself? >.< Mmm, can I force some Anti Aliasing into it?

Chuck_Norris
Nov 12, 2008, 08:02 PM
If you're still online, I'll be waiting on the 4th floor, universe 2. (Also known as Caleum now)

Pickleahoy
Nov 12, 2008, 08:46 PM
Sat there for a while but didnt see you.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 12, 2008, 08:52 PM
Gah, I apologize. Had to do something. I'm there again now.