PDA

View Full Version : Subliminalgroove

Dangerous55
Nov 11, 2008, 01:26 AM
Many of you probably never knew her. Truly, I never got to know her that well though. I do remember her though and wanted to pass on a "bowing of the head to her".

I was just thinking about it, and as you get older and wiser it hits you more. Anyway, I just took a few minutes to think on it.

If you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, don't worry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMNrVEi54yA&feature=related

Scrub
Nov 11, 2008, 03:09 AM
Never got along with her. We had some unkind words around here a while ago, but that was years back when I was REBELLIOUS and daring, and I'll give her the benefit of the doubt in that whatever we argued about, be damned if I can remember, she was probably right.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5580/otaconpayshisrespectsvz8.jpg

TheOneHero
Nov 11, 2008, 10:38 AM
I wasn't around long before she passed, but from what I remember, she was a pretty kind person.

Here's to you, Subbycakes! :)

Sayara
Nov 11, 2008, 11:49 PM
It is unfortunate that most of those really close with Subliminal have moved on from this forum.. But im sure in all of our hearts she is still there and will always be remembered.

KodiaX987
Nov 12, 2008, 12:32 AM
I raise my glass of Scotch ale to Subby.

ABDUR101
Nov 12, 2008, 12:43 AM
I think this could go to all the PSOW'ers that passed on which we knew.

Was pretty good friends with Subliminal when she was around, alot of nice conversations were had. It's all tucked away in obscurity now, but it's there all the same. Many were hurt when she felt the need to 'flee' and be alone for much of her 'final' time; which is natural, it came across like rejection on a personal level. In the end, she took the time she needed for herself; which she was owed.

Don't mourn the dead, rejoice for the time they shared with you; even if it was fleeting.

MetaZedlen
Nov 12, 2008, 12:50 AM
Dear god,

1. ABDUR'S BACK!!!
2. Passing on... I never seen the person this topic is about, but it is kind of a coincidence that passing on was brought up... (personal problems, yet again...)

Firocket1690
Nov 12, 2008, 04:57 AM
I only knew her from a handful of the older posts in OT. Rather nonchalant girl in #psow. When I think subby, I only remember that old pic of her upsidedown, possibly in some breakdance pose. Pretty good memory to die by.

Outrider
Nov 12, 2008, 12:28 PM
I only knew her from a handful of the older posts in OT. Rather nonchalant girl in #psow. When I think subby, I only remember that old pic of her upsidedown, possibly in some breakdance pose. Pretty good memory to die by.

Ha! That was a great photo, and also the way I always pictured her.

I never knew her personally, but from the little bit of her I saw on PSOW, I always thought she was a class act and a nice person.

ABDUR101
Nov 12, 2008, 12:32 PM

Capoeira (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capoeira) is what she enjoyed, and thats what she was doing in the pic.

CupOfCoffee
Nov 12, 2008, 02:18 PM
Most of her posts came a little before my time, but even just in catching the tail end of her stint on PSOW was enough to make me like her. I remember reading that she had passed on and what a weird, cold shock it was. I hadn't even known she was sick. People you know on the internet seem to come and go all the time, vanishing as quickly as they appear, but it still seems somehow weird to think of one of them as truly, actually dying. Especially someone young.

Godspeed Subliminalgroove, Capoeira'ing wherever it is that you Capoeira now.

I remember the upside-down picture too, but I always think of her more as her "PSOW's Sweetheart" Chao avatar instead.

Tessu
Nov 12, 2008, 06:56 PM
I was definitely not around when she was--but I have all due respect for her.

Sord
Nov 12, 2008, 07:29 PM
Fuck, when the hell did this happen? And how? Geez, I didn't get the news when this happened. God damn, can't believe she's dead...

RIP Subs
now this image makes sense
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z121/feisord/11-subby.jpg
(art by navci from years ago)

Can't believe I was absent for every one of the mentionings of her passing. I went forum diving and found the old honorary threads. God damn...

Sinue_v2
Nov 12, 2008, 07:57 PM
I recall a poster by that name, but I don't recall if I ever met with or really knew her. I guess that's not a positive indicator, eh? I sincerely hope that nobody here takes this the wrong way - but the only friends I recall passing are my friends Adam B., Kit C., Johnny "Walker" H., Lance "Turtle" W., Jason W., and a few other close friends in real life. To be honest, I have a hard enough time keeping track of people I know IRL that make the obituary pages, let alone forum names and internet personalities.

I'm sure Subby was a great person, worthy of the praise she is receiving here. So for that at least, I tip my Gin to her. Her destination came too soon along the path, but it's the quality of the journey that makes the trip worth taking.

Solstis
Nov 13, 2008, 01:23 AM
The sad thing is I forgot about subbycakes.

:(

Thanks for the reminder Dangerous, RIP subby.

EJ
Nov 13, 2008, 03:25 AM
Don't feel alone Solstis, I too sadly forgot about her until this post and the picture that SORD posted up. :(

I didn't know her that well as most but I do remember talking to her once in awhile in #psow it was fun talking to her. RIP Subby.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 13, 2008, 08:09 AM
I think I vaguely remember seeing her post in my early times here.

R.I.P.

Dhylec
Nov 13, 2008, 08:27 AM
For those who don't remeber or know Sub, see her spotlight here:
http://www.pso-world.com/memberspotlight.php?date=2004-08-19

MetaZedlen
Nov 14, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hmm, don't think I have ever seen Subby before, and if I did, then that was a while ago...

Another fellow PSO player and PSOWorlder gone, but I raise my Demolition Comet to her.

R.I.P. Subby, enjoy whatever you are doing now.

Wyndham
Nov 14, 2008, 01:44 PM
I had never spoken to her, but she was a nice person. I wish I were able to know her, because of how nice everyone says she was.
I'm sorry.

SubstanceD
Nov 14, 2008, 04:22 PM
I never knew her personally nor do I recall ever talking to her but I do remember her ( kind of hard to forget someone with such an awesome User Name ). I am a little shocked to learn that she was sick and I am very sad that she has passed on. As CupOfCoffee poined out, you meet people over the Interenet and interact with them for a while, many come and go but for one of these people to die to actually pass away...., that's just something that I can't wrap my head around.