PDA

View Full Version : CAST, or Human?

Chuck_Norris
Nov 12, 2008, 08:55 PM
Well, I'm making an Acrotecher, and have it tied between these two. I plan to just use melee and support techs. So, would the boost Humans get outweigh a CAST's stats and SUV? (Unlikely, but I'm just making sure)

Genoa
Nov 12, 2008, 09:10 PM
Level 140 character. Acrotecher 20 (males)
------------HP------ATP----ATA----TP-----DFP----EVP----MST
Human: 2979 / 1200 / 818 / 1957 / 268 / 1130 / 537
---Cast: 3103 / 1242 / 899 / 1156 / 286 // 818 / 322

Statistical differences:
HP: Casts have 124 more
ATP: Casts have 42 more
ATA: Casts have 81 more
TP: Humans have 801 more
DFP: Casts have 18 more
EVP: Humans have 312 more
MST: Humans have 215 more

Where casts normally excel greatly over humans are very small and not noticeable. However, Humans tech damage and evasion are very noticeable...
But if you're just going for Melee and Support then I would call CAST the winner. However, those AT attack techs are quite powerful =/

Pillan
Nov 13, 2008, 12:37 AM
It really depends on what you intend to do. I mean, if you want to make use of attack techs, go human or even Newman. If you want to maximize your damage while supporting, you’d definitely want to go Cast or Beast.

Yes, the human high stats are a significantly larger gap than the Cast high, but what does that mean? Well, we all know more ATA + more ATP = more damage. More TP just means you heal more and do more with techs. However, as I’ve argued many times before, you can cover every real situation in the game between melee, range, and instant death (Megid) and your TP is more than high enough for Resta and Giresta, so the human advantage there is nothing. That and the human will easily outdamage his own techs with moderate elemental gear (probably less 30% is still fine) and the Cast will be doing more than that.

Then there’s EVP and MST. Obviously, EVP is bad for melee assuming the attack won’t break your combo and all attacks that do break your combo have reduced ATA anyway. This is all in addition to the fact that the outrageous class EVP modifier makes it so even a Cast is still blocking far more than you want in the first place. MST is simply “learn to dodge.” Unless you’re Newman, the change isn’t enough to offset much (40-50 less damage from the 1000+ damage Diga and Foie), so it’s really not all that helpful. And don’t even argue about wasting your head slot on something to raise MST as human to nullify the damage entirely on weaker techs. At this point I hope you recall that Acrotecher can utilize Resta and Giresta to recover, so you shouldn’t really be taking any of the defensive stats into account aside from how they affect combat.

So, a Cast may not have much of an advantage in terms of base stats, but they do have the advantage that actually makes them more useful overall as Acrotechers. And this doesn’t even take the occasional burst of damage that they gain from using SUVs, which essentially adds even more to their output while not taking away from their ability to support as a Nanoblast would.

Genoa
Nov 13, 2008, 12:50 AM
This is true, it really comes down to matter of preference.
SUV vs. Attack techs for the most part, since HP, ATP, ATA, and DFP are pretty evenly matched.
I prefer Human simply because I like the combination of Melee, Ranged, Support, and Attack techs vs. Melee, Ranged, Support techs, and SUV.

I did Beast AT, it's not bad either, however, Nanoblasting definitely is a turn off when you're the only techer (or only one that bothers to support...) Your damage is nice and all... but the rest of the party might need you D:

Gen2000
Nov 13, 2008, 02:01 AM
Cast AT is better, if not the best.

ashley50
Nov 13, 2008, 03:49 AM
Night Elves...I mean, Newmans!

unicorn
Nov 13, 2008, 12:31 PM
Statistically, Human looks the best. I wouldn't really pick Newman over Human because they really don't have much of an advantage over them. Newman really has 150 + TP, but has 350 less HP and 150 less ATP. They do, however, have better MST, buuut its debatable how useful that is.

CAST, IMO, makes a really good -support only- Acrotecher. SUV is considerably more useful than Nanoblast for all techer classes outside Guntecher. Buuut Human's stats look much better than CAST's stats.

TecherRamen
Nov 13, 2008, 01:06 PM
if youre not going to use attack magic at all, then go cast. other wise human