PDA

View Full Version : Game Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of the New World

TheOneHero
Nov 12, 2008, 11:12 PM
Complaints so far:

It takes a little to get going, lots of talking about how to play. (But that's to be expected.)

Aaaand, I deleted my Clear Data from the first one awhile back when I started playing it again. (I planned to finish it at least twice before the sequel was released, get titles and the like.) So anyway, I couldn't load it up anything and get the bonus stuff at the start.

Oh, and Lloyd having a different voice actor.

I know some people are skeptic on "lol making pacts with monsters." and the "point and click world map."

Really, it's not bad at all. It doesn't feel like Pokemon, the world map works great.

Oh yeah, the music is awesome. Sure a lot of it are remixes from the first Symphonia, but that music was pure gold so there's no complaining.

BRB, gotta keep playing and find Sheena. <3

Randomness
Nov 12, 2008, 11:30 PM
Sadly, my big GCN memory card corrupted, and cost me my save files for ToS. And... just about everything else.

Dunno what caused it, but...

TheOneHero
Nov 12, 2008, 11:34 PM
Poor Random! D: I hope this doesn't stop you from playing ToS2?

I forgot to add:

Johnny Yong Bosch does excellent as the voice of Emil. For those who don't know, that's the second Black Power Ranger, Guy from Tales of the Abyss, and Vash the Stampede.

Edit: There's lots of little Easter Eggs in the game from the first ToS and ToA.

Edit2: Possible skit spoiler: Having them voiced is a really nice touch. I was always envious the American Tales' never received voiced skits.

TalHex
Nov 13, 2008, 01:31 PM
i'm still on chapter 1, i haven't had much time to play yet due to school but i'll probably get really far tomorrow.

Thoughts on Emil: he's a hopeless coward at first ^.^ he is so great! some of his battle uotes with richter are great

Larian
Nov 14, 2008, 03:16 AM
Mine isn't here yet!!! =(

DAMN YOU AMAZON.COM!!

TheOneHero
Nov 14, 2008, 06:46 PM
LARIAN YOU ARE MISSING OUT! :cry:

Edit: Talon, I'm having a bloody hard time forming pacts with different element monsters; any thoughts? I know to change the element of the field and such, it's just the monsters keep running away when I try to form the pact.

TalHex
Nov 14, 2008, 11:13 PM
hmmm i've never seen a failed pact yet, usually when you go into battle it just gives you randomized tokens(?) anyways unless its a water or earth type i just keep battling the same monsters over and over again till i get a good combination.

TheOneHero
Nov 15, 2008, 12:08 AM
I've put my other teammates on "Hold position" and just had Marta use a healing or other Arte that would change the field element.

I think it has something to do with what Centurions you have so far. Pact forming that is. But wait, hmm, I succeeded in one of an element I don't have yet...so I don't know. =/

TalHex
Nov 15, 2008, 12:11 AM
yeah, the explanation to me was like: BLAH! INFORMATION! BRAIN DEATH! so i just wait till it asks me if i want to make a pact and if i want it, i say yes

EJ
Nov 15, 2008, 02:53 AM
I'm glad I made several files for the first one and still got my completed game file since stored it somewhere now i just need to save up the money to get the game, I knew a game I wanted was coming out just forgot which one. <.<

Larian
Nov 15, 2008, 04:10 AM
LARIAN YOU ARE MISSING OUT! :cry:

It's not too bad at the moment, because I am finishing up Mana Khemia at the moment. Should be done with it tomorrow and I should get Tails tomorrow, so it all works out! =D

TheOneHero
Nov 15, 2008, 04:20 AM
=D

You'll love it! (Have you played Tales of the Abyss? If so, read spoiler. If not, it doesn't matter, you just won't know what I'm talking about.)

On the back of Marta's waist, there's a Mieu keychain.

TalHex
Nov 15, 2008, 12:23 PM
also the majority of the monsters that i've encountered so far are the models they used from ToA

TheOneHero
Nov 16, 2008, 01:56 AM
I've noticed that too, haha. Doesn't bother me though. :)

How far are you now? I'm halfway at least through Chapter 4.

TalHex
Nov 16, 2008, 10:59 AM
i just started chapter 4 last night, i probably won't get very far today though because of school work and stuff

TheOneHero
Nov 19, 2008, 09:21 PM
I got into Chapter 6 the other day, really enjoying how the game is turning out so far. :3

Tact
Nov 19, 2008, 09:28 PM
I seem to have lost interest in the Tales series since I beat Symphonia. I don't know why, I just have.

TheOneHero
Nov 19, 2008, 09:35 PM
Your blood is tainted with communism. You must be cleansed!

Go buy Tales of the Abyss.

TalHex
Nov 19, 2008, 09:39 PM
don't buy legendia though, ugh that one was bad... but abyss made up for it many many times over

Larian
Nov 22, 2008, 04:12 AM
Finally!! It finally came this morning, er...yesterday morning. But, sadly I had to go to work. I am off though finally and can start playing...I should be caught up to the rest of you sometime Sunday night!! =D

TalHex
Nov 22, 2008, 01:25 PM
i doubt it, i'm on chapter 8 right now

TheOneHero
Nov 22, 2008, 02:09 PM
I haven't played for the last 3 days, sister has had tons of homework. X_X

Tact
Nov 22, 2008, 05:54 PM
Why would your sister's homework prevent you from playing a video game? Did she need your help with it or something? :disapprove:

TheOneHero
Nov 22, 2008, 06:41 PM
No, Tact I've mentioned it in a few threads:

My sister loves the Tales and Fire Emblem series, so she watches me play.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 22, 2008, 11:34 PM
I'm glad I made several files for the first one and still got my completed game file since stored it somewhere now i just need to save up the money to get the game, I knew a game I wanted was coming out just forgot which one. <.<
No way EJ it was Lego Batman. Lego Batman was what you were looking forward to. You missed the release, but I hear there's like maybe one left?! Maybe.

Call ahead for availability.