PDA

View Full Version : Is this an alternative to level bullet PAs?

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 14, 2008, 03:10 AM
im pretty sure this was asked before but i wanted to make sure of something
Since one of the main goals is to do the least damage per hit possible. So i was thinking leveling them as a female newman guntecher. I kinda figured that since newman are the weakest in ATP (having female makes it a lil lower) but good ATA which from my POV is quite good.....

What do you think?
"Technically" wouldnt that be the best way to do that???

I think i've seen this said before but im not quite sure....

biggabertha
Nov 14, 2008, 03:30 AM
From personal experience, leveling bullets with a Fortegunner's better than a Guntecher.

The sole reason is not because of the attack but because of the accuracy.

Fortegunner has a HUGE amount of ATA and most bullets start off at an abysmal 41% or even lower.

Guntecher has high ATA, sure but Fortegunner has more. Besides, when you use bullet resistant enemies such as robots to level your bullets, the difference in attack isn't that noticeable because it gets chopped by a bit more than half.

Trust me, Fortegunner is definitely the better option for leveling bullets, least between Lv. 1 to Lv. 20 but even then, the cheaper PP per bullet also helps out a lot during Lv. 31 - Lv. 40.

Use things like Solid Hit S or Cati/Giga Bullet PP Save to help you out.

But yes, using a female Newman is a nice idea but I think a female Cast would be better for accuracy purposes.

CelestialBlade
Nov 14, 2008, 10:27 AM
Go Fortegunner for the sole reason that they get the PP usage reduction and they regen PP faster than Guntechers.

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 14, 2008, 11:02 AM
Go Fortegunner for the sole reason that they get the TP usage reduction and they regen TP faster than Guntechers.

Can you explain that for me
when i looked at the comparision a level 10 female newman GT level 1 has 209 while a FG has 149 :-S

Grimhart
Nov 14, 2008, 11:14 AM
Can you explain that for me
when i looked at the comparision a level 10 female newman GT level 1 has 209 while a FG has 149 :-S

Typheros means the PP of your guns, and the cost of shooting. As a FG you'll be able to shoot your guns more before they run dry because the bullets cost less and the PP you slowly recover comes in a little bigger doses. That means you spend more time in the mission shooting stuff and less time going back to the lobby to refill your guns at the cube. ^_^

CelestialBlade
Nov 14, 2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I'm dumb and meant PP. Been playing PSO again lately, so yeah ^^;

Transgamergurl
Nov 20, 2008, 01:41 PM
Plus the more hit boxes you can shoot with just one bullet the better. So if a bullet is able to hit more than one target make sure you hit as many as that bullet will allow you. Like taking a laser cannon and just firing at one creature at a time, is just a waste of time and PP.

I would just use the class you want to be, then throw a bullet save on and your good to go^^
Although fortegunner with a cati-bullet save would allow you to use the least possible PP. That would be the ideal choice.

Smidge204
Nov 21, 2008, 07:07 AM
I think a lot of people also overlook the meseta cost of shot leveling.

I bought ten Raihoh for the purpose. Five go on the palette (with the sixth slot for a backup weapon) and when they run dry I fall back and swap them out. A Raihoh carries slightly more than half the PP of, say, a Mizurakihoh, so two Raihoh packs more shots than one Mizurakihoh.

But since the Mizurakihoh is a S rank weapon, it costs more per PP to recharge. A fully drained Mizurakihoh will cost just over 1000 meseta at the cube. A fully drained Raihoh will cost you 20. When you factor in the difference in PP it's still 25 times more expensive to use a Mizurakihoh!

Plus the Raihoh does about 1/2 to 2/3 the damage (depending on circumstances) so you get more shots in anyway.
=Smidge=

Syaoran_69
Nov 21, 2008, 10:25 AM
Yes a mizurakihoh costs more to refill, but you can get enough to refill a gun off of like 2 meseta drops, especially if it's a newer mission. and also, as a fortegunner with a cati / bullet using a mizurakihoh, unless i'm using killer shot I hardly ever find my gun running out of PP.

amtalx
Nov 21, 2008, 10:31 AM
Never level with crappy 1* weapons. The accuracy drop DOES effect your leveling speed. 0s don't yield any experience.

Smidge204
Nov 21, 2008, 11:39 AM
I honestly have never noticed an appreciable difference in accuracy between the Rihoh and Mizurakihoh. Maybe if I missed one in five shots or something you'd have point, but I'd estimate it's more like 1 in 30 for a Rihoh with my character. I haven't done any direct comparisons with the Mizurakihoh but I'm skeptical the difference is so significant. (Unless your character has crap ATA to begin with?)

And for the record, Killer Shot is really the main reason I've done it this way. Maybe 25 hours to level 31 while also getting Twin Penetrate up to level 28 in the same time. How much faster can you do it without having OCD?
=Smidge=

CelestialBlade
Nov 21, 2008, 01:16 PM
I use weapons with the highest ATA and PP pool to bullet level, I honestly don't pay much attention to ATP. Look at it this way, if you kill stuff a little faster, you have an opportunity for drops and meseta. When I bullet level, I farm materials at the same time, I figure it's a bit of a waste to level them somewhere worthless.

As for photon charge prices, well, consider that your average drained 6-gun palette will incur a charge no more than around 2000 meseta. Look at some of the meseta drops in S2 missions. You can kill a freaking Badira and almost entirely make up for the maximum possible cost, so, use those S-rank guns if they've got the PP. A meager cost like that shouldn't get in the way of maximizing your time out in the field shooting things.

My general rules for bullet leveling, summarized:
1) Choose guns using PP amount as first priority, and ATA second. Yohmei guns usually win in this category, though a well-grinded Kubara is usually even better.
2) Equip a Cati / Bullet PP Save or a Giga, and use Zodial if you have it. The general idea of bullet leveling is to spend as much time as possible per run out on the field shooting things.
3) Level bullets in an area that has area drops you may be interested in. For example, if you're after a Psycho Wand, bullet level in Sleeping Warriors S2. If you're farming Par Walna, try Mad Beasts S2. As second priority, do your best to use opposing elements to the enemies in that area.
4) Perhaps most importantly, play music/watch TV while bullet leveling. You WILL go insane otherwise XD

Darius_Drake
Nov 21, 2008, 02:54 PM
And for the record, Killer Shot is really the main reason I've done it this way. Maybe 25 hours to level 31 while also getting Twin Penetrate up to level 28 in the same time. How much faster can you do it without having OCD?
=Smidge=

If you did all that in 25 hours you do have OCD. :D Just kidding. No, really.

CelestialBlade
Nov 21, 2008, 03:00 PM
People kinda overstate how long Killer Shot takes to get to 31, IMO ^^; I did it before the PA EXP update and it honestly wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. Six Yohmei rifles and a PP save in Valley of Carnage, didn't take that long.

Smidge204
Nov 21, 2008, 03:17 PM
If you did all that in 25 hours you do have OCD. :D Just kidding. No, really.

Note: Not 25 consecutive hours... :p Spread that out over at least three weeks.

And no, it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The key is the type of enemy you go after. Rappy Polecs (as a specific example) are a bad choice because they seem to drop like leaves. Any medium to large enemy (Bil De Vear as another example) seem to be immune to that level of incapacitate so you can just keep hammering away. These guys (http://psupedia.info/GSM-05_Seeker) are particularly bad, since I'd usually take them out in two or three hits.
=Smidge=

CelestialBlade
Nov 21, 2008, 03:23 PM
And no, it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The key is the type of enemy you go after. Rappy Polecs (as a specific example) are a bad choice because they seem to drop like leaves. Any medium to large enemy (Bil De Vear as another example) seem to be immune to that level of incapacitate so you can just keep hammering away. These guys (http://psupedia.info/GSM-05_Seeker) are particularly bad, since I'd usually take them out in two or three hits.
=Smidge=
Yeah, that's partly why I chose Valley of Carnage. It's an easy mission (lawl at Diga sailing over my head) and the only low-Stamina enemy is a Lapucha, and those are somewhat rare. Leveling KS somewhere like Unsafe Passage, any Relics area, or any place with robots is just going to be a headache.

thunder-ray
Nov 25, 2008, 06:57 AM
I lvl all my bullets on my lvl 137 cast male Fortegunner with a cati bullet pp save.