PDA

View Full Version : Me and my gf don't know what to talk about.

RikaPSOW
Nov 14, 2008, 07:42 PM
Well me and my girlfriend don't know what to talk about really. Me and her aren't very talkitive people to begin with. I'm usually really quiet and don't talk much when talking to people. It's not that I'm bored, just my mind doesn't have anything new to really talk about. Does anyone have any suggestions that could help me and her?

EphekZ
Nov 14, 2008, 07:52 PM
You go through phases where it seems like you aren't talking much.
Some get out of it, and sometimes it means the end of your relationship. you cant just designate what you're gunna talk about on a certain day. That's silly. I'm not sure if there's any advice that can help you. This is something you and her have to figure out. Find some new tail.

Noblewine
Nov 14, 2008, 07:54 PM
If you two have similar hobbies you can start there and expand. It's probably just a phase so don't worry about it. Talking helps. Ask her about her day start with something simple to talk about.

TheOneHero
Nov 14, 2008, 08:01 PM
you cant just designate what you're gunna talk about on a certain day. That's silly.

If you two have similar hobbies you can start there and expand...

Ask her about her day start with something simple to talk about.

Listen to these fine young gentlemen.

Once you get there: don't rush to finish a discussion, enjoy it while you can and expand on it. :3

Tyreek
Nov 14, 2008, 08:14 PM
You are not alone. I have those problems as well. Of course it lead to the end of a relationship in my younger years. But try to find a random topic to speak about. Like Noblewine suggested. Ask her if anything new happened, or how was work. Or hey, tell here about your day. She may be amused.

... And people wonder why we don't talk much. ;P

RikaPSOW
Nov 14, 2008, 09:16 PM
Listen to these fine young gentlemen.

Once you get there: don't rush to finish a discussion, enjoy it while you can and expand on it. :3

I'll try that then. Still open to more suggestions though.

Toadthroat
Nov 14, 2008, 09:37 PM
Stop being so boring.

RikaPSOW
Nov 14, 2008, 10:21 PM
Stop being so boring.

Good suggestion... (I'm being sarcastic).She doesn't think I'm boring.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 14, 2008, 10:22 PM
This the guy going out with a 14 year old, or did he finally grow up?

Well anyway, if you don't know what to talk about, then quit thinking about talking about something. Just TALK. Say something that happened in your day, a memory, a party, music, SOMETHING. IT ISN'T THAT HARD.

Or just enjoy being with her.

Unless you're on the internet, then your screwed.

moomoopenguin
Nov 14, 2008, 10:27 PM
maybe watch a new movie with her, and talk about that. or start a hobby together. but yes women do enjoy the nice how was your day honey. that one's def a good one.

RikaPSOW
Nov 14, 2008, 10:32 PM
This the guy going out with a 14 year old, or did he finally grow up?

Well anyway, if you don't know what to talk about, then quit thinking about talking about something. Just TALK. Say something that happened in your day, a memory, a party, music, SOMETHING. IT ISN'T THAT HARD.

Or just enjoy being with her.

Unless you're on the internet, then your screwed.

I used to go ot with a 15 year old, but she broke up with me. My gf now is almost 17.
Good idea and I do enjoy just being with her. ^^

RikaPSOW
Nov 14, 2008, 10:35 PM
maybe watch a new movie with her, and talk about that. or start a hobby together. but yes women do enjoy the nice how was your day honey. that one's def a good one.

I usually say "how are you" to her. Just don't know where to go from there.

moomoopenguin
Nov 14, 2008, 10:36 PM
or if you just don't have anything else to say and can't think of anything, us ladies enjoy being cuddled

RikaPSOW
Nov 14, 2008, 11:05 PM
or if you just don't have anything else to say and can't think of anything, us ladies enjoy being cuddled

Well I can't do that if she lives 600 miles away. XD

Retehi
Nov 14, 2008, 11:09 PM
So you can't talk to a girl in real life, or even on the internet.

God damn.

moomoopenguin
Nov 14, 2008, 11:10 PM
awwwww =/ um i guess then the asking how was your day is a good way to go. then just listen and ask questions. or ask about tv or just anything

RikaPSOW
Nov 14, 2008, 11:24 PM

God damn.

I'm not that good with talking to anyboy at all. XD

awwwww =/ um i guess then the asking how was your day is a good way to go. then just listen and ask questions. or ask about tv or just anything

I guess that's the way to go.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 14, 2008, 11:25 PM
Do you even have a job? If you did, you could talk about what happened at work.

Or school, if you're still in it.

Vanzazikon
Nov 14, 2008, 11:32 PM
Holy shit! You've gotta be kidding me! Do you know how she looks like?

RikaPSOW
Nov 15, 2008, 12:00 AM
Do you even have a job? If you did, you could talk about what happened at work.

Or school, if you're still in it.

I don't have a job, but I do go to school.

Holy shit! You've gotta be kidding me! Do you know how she looks like?

I do know what she looks like, but haven't seen her picture for a few months (it was like you avatar pic for msn so i couldn't really save it). Looks don't matter to me really though. She's beautiful in my opinion though if you wanna know.

moomoopenguin
Nov 15, 2008, 12:37 AM
better than a relationship being based on looks rather than love

Vanzazikon
Nov 15, 2008, 12:49 AM
I do know what she looks like, but haven't seen her picture for a few months (it was like you avatar pic for msn so i couldn't really save it). Looks don't matter to me really though. She's beautiful in my opinion though if you wanna know.What if she turns out to be butt ugly? >.>

Well, you seem, like a nice guy, hence your assumption of a questionable girl in the internet to be... beautiful. Well if you think so... there's a start. :D

Kent
Nov 15, 2008, 01:45 AM
Depending on her level of insight and intelligence, I suggest something like tenth-dimensional physics... Or throw some madlibs at her.

Talk about your day, listen about hers, build awesome Lego models and send pictures, random Fark (http://www.fark.com) headlines, portmanteau-creation contests, random websites, or some general common interest.

Just be sure not to yab on about yourself all the time.

Sidney
Nov 15, 2008, 03:43 AM
Hi there! I'm sorry you're having problems talking to your girlfriend; the art of conversation is actually harder than it seems sometimes. It takes time and practice to learn how to be an effective communicator, that's for sure! As a very talkative and outgoing person, I've never had the problem of running out of things to talk about, but I do know some good tips that could be helpful to you.

First of all, try to ask her more open-ended questions, things that cannot be answered in a one-word response. Questions like "How are you?" and "How was your day?" are not very effective, because most people will answer with "Fine" or a one-word response. You can rephrase these questions to something more open-ended, like "What kind of things did you do today?" Or, instead of "How was school/work?", "Did anything interesting happen at work today?" "What is your favorite color?" vs "What kind of colors do you really like?" "Do you like [insert TV show here]" vs "Hey, I heard you liked [instert TV show here]. I heard it's a pretty awesome show. What do you like about it/Why do you like it?" Of course, you can manage a one-word response to these questions as well, but you're more likely to get a longer answer.

Sometimes, expanding a little bit on how your day has been or relaying an anecdote following a question can be useful as well. "How has your day been? Mine has been insane! [insert anecdote here]". Often time this acts a springboard into other topics. Lyrix, my good friend on PSU, and I end up on the craziest, most hilarious subjects this way. Just don't try to force it or overanalyze it and the flow should be natural.

Also, don't worry about advice saying: "Don't talk about yourself!" I mean, don't overdo it and give her equal chances to speak, but this is one of the best ways you start getting to know eachother in the early stages of the relationship, whether it be friendship or romance or etc.

Also, being as your girlfriend is online, have you tried calling her on the phone? Sometimes with IM it's hard to have a good conversation; people tend to be brief and are managing other conversations. Maybe a one-on-one medium would be better for you two. I'm not the biggest fan/supporter of online relationships, as they are hard to pull off and seldom work out, but it's not my job to dictate your life. :p But best of luck to you! I know of quite a few stories of online relationships working out, and I hope it goes well for you.

TheOneHero
Nov 15, 2008, 04:13 AM
What if she turns out to be butt ugly? >.>

Because that's obviously all that matters, right?

I'd like to expand on what Sou said about IMing: Since all of the actual "conversation" is based on reading responses as opposed to hearing/seeing them, you lose a majority of what makes a conversation, a conversation.

Let me put it this way:

You're taking in what she's saying how you want to take it, based on how you're feeling at the time, what you want, etc. etc. You could be putting an image of someone you care for in your mind that doesn't exist.

At least with the phone you can hear her voice and get a much better feel of her emotions. Skype works too if phones are a problem.

RikaPSOW
Nov 15, 2008, 07:22 AM
What if she turns out to be butt ugly? >.>

Well, you seem, like a nice guy, hence your assumption of a questionable girl in the internet to be... beautiful. Well if you think so... there's a start. :D

I don't care what she looks like, just as long as she didn't lie about it.

better than a relationship being based on looks rather than love

I did'nt quite get that. You mean it's better for the relationship to be based on love, right?

Depending on her level of insight and intelligence, I suggest something like tenth-dimensional physics... Or throw some madlibs at her.

Talk about your day, listen about hers, build awesome Lego models and send pictures, random Fark (http://www.fark.com) headlines, portmanteau-creation contests, random websites, or some general common interest.

Just be sure not to yab on about yourself all the time.

Good ideas.

Hi there! I'm sorry you're having problems talking to your girlfriend; the art of conversation is actually harder than it seems sometimes. It takes time and practice to learn how to be an effective communicator, that's for sure! As a very talkative and outgoing person, I've never had the problem of running out of things to talk about, but I do know some good tips that could be helpful to you.

First of all, try to ask her more open-ended questions, things that cannot be answered in a one-word response. Questions like "How are you?" and "How was your day?" are not very effective, because most people will answer with "Fine" or a one-word response. You can rephrase these questions to something more open-ended, like "What kind of things did you do today?" Or, instead of "How was school/work?", "Did anything interesting happen at work today?" "What is your favorite color?" vs "What kind of colors do you really like?" "Do you like " vs "Hey, I heard you liked [instert TV show here]. I heard it's a pretty awesome show. What do you like about it/Why do you like it?" Of course, you can manage a one-word response to these questions as well, but you're more likely to get a longer answer.

Sometimes, expanding a little bit on how your day has been or relaying an anecdote following a question can be useful as well. "How has your day been? Mine has been insane! [insert anecdote here]". Often time this acts a springboard into other topics. Lyrix, my good friend on PSU, and I end up on the craziest, most hilarious subjects this way. Just don't try to force it or overanalyze it and the flow should be natural.

Also, don't worry about advice saying: "Don't talk about yourself!" I mean, don't overdo it and give her equal chances to speak, but this is one of the best ways you start getting to know eachother in the early stages of the relationship, whether it be friendship or romance or etc.

Also, being as your girlfriend is online, have you tried calling her on the phone? Sometimes with IM it's hard to have a good conversation; people tend to be brief and are managing other conversations. Maybe a one-on-one medium would be better for you two. I'm not the biggest fan/supporter of online relationships, as they are hard to pull off and seldom work out, but it's not my job to dictate your life. :p But best of luck to you! I know of quite a few stories of online relationships working out, and I hope it goes well for you.

I never really thought about asking a question that way. I'll try to do that next time I see her. I would call her on the phone, but she can't get on the phone cause of her parents (it's complicated).

Because that's obviously all that matters, right?

I'd like to expand on what Sou said about IMing: Since all of the actual "conversation" is based on reading responses as opposed to hearing/seeing them, you lose a majority of what makes a conversation, a conversation.

Let me put it this way:

You're taking in what she's saying how [i]you want to take it, based on how you're feeling at the time, what you want, etc. etc. You could be putting an image of someone you care for in your mind that doesn't exist.

At least with the phone you can hear her voice and get a much better feel of her emotions. Skype works too if phones are a problem.

Wish I could talk to her on the phone. In fact wish I could talk to her more often (her brother is the biggest pain in the #$@ when it comes to talking to her).

BlaizeYES
Nov 15, 2008, 11:49 AM

God damn.

god i laughed so hard when i read that.

well, i will put it in terms of an actual relationship instead of an online immature 16 year old girl friend that hardly has anything to talk about in the first place and may possibly be a 40 year old dude: theres always a point in a relationship where those sort of things happen. you run out of stories to tell, you dont go with your usual responses towards questions and you start just answering with in-depth answers, etc. but eventually you'll find someone, maybe, that you just can have the ZANIEST conversations for hours, that go on for months, and your guy's personalities end up driving the relationship, not just what is said.

by the way, how does she know if you're "not boring"? you're talking to a 16 year old on the internet, and i'm sure your conversations arent all that interesting

RikaPSOW
Nov 15, 2008, 12:28 PM
god i laughed so hard when i read that.

well, i will put it in terms of an actual relationship instead of an online immature 16 year old girl friend that hardly has anything to talk about in the first place and may possibly be a 40 year old dude: theres always a point in a relationship where those sort of things happen. you run out of stories to tell, you dont go with your usual responses towards questions and you start just answering with in-depth answers, etc. but eventually you'll find someone, maybe, that you just can have the ZANIEST conversations for hours, that go on for months, and your guy's personalities end up driving the relationship, not just what is said.

by the way, how does she know if you're "not boring"? you're talking to a 16 year old on the internet, and i'm sure your conversations arent all that interesting

She told me that I'm not boring. Anytime I mention sayinging I'm boring to her she does ">.> no your not". I'm not saying our conversations aren't interesting, only me and her don't know wherer to start.

Solstis
Nov 15, 2008, 12:55 PM
She told me that I'm not boring. Anytime I mention sayinging I'm boring to her she does ">.> no your not". I'm not saying our conversations aren't interesting, only me and her don't know wherer to start.

You must not know very much about each other, then. I don't see how you're boyfriend and girlfriend if you can't even communicate.

Relationships are all about communication. If there isn't communication, there isn't a relationship.

If you've started dating without knowing each other's interests, you've screwed up somewhere. Does she like cats? Send her funny cat pictures or something about Clinton's old cat, Socks. Does she like whales? There's a show about crazy people trying to stop whale hunters. Goodness, it's not that difficult.

MetaZedlen
Nov 15, 2008, 01:54 PM

Dude, you could branch off of that statement
you "I'm boring..."
her "no you're not..."
you (this is where light sarcasm can be added to get laughs out of it) "yes I am, you're just too afraid to say that... :P"

If she takes it the wrong way, just add a j/k, if you can crack a joke about things, you're in good shape.

Any girl that can laugh at stupid things like that knows that you're not boring, which is a good reflection to you.

Now, I have had this situation before (read my previous topics...), and if I could, I would crack a joke to try to lighten things up a little bit, and guess what? It WORKED :D

Nothing feels better to you if you can make your girl laugh, even if it requires a little embarrassment, but you won't care afterwards.

Sidenote: Solstis, nice job on the 4444 posts :D.

BlaizeYES
Nov 15, 2008, 02:10 PM

lol. ok. she told you you're not boring after you asked her if she thinks you're boring? aren't you the same kid that said your "ex-girlfriend's friend rated you looks-wise lower than your girlfriend," and for some reason you thought that meant that you should be happy to have her or as some sort of benchmark in a relationship because of some girl's best friend's biased opinion on your relationship to her or some shit? honestly, i would just tell you to denounce relationships with girls in highschool first of all, i'm getting the impression you're very needy. i think i remember you saying that you're like 18 or something like that, and i would say that you're better off striking out constantly with girls that are at least your age or a little older instead of going for the sure-thing with a 16 year old girl over the internet that probably just wants to feel something, feel ANYthing for that matter, that she can't get in her little highschool. she's in a time period where her emotions are out of whack because of her spiking hormones and puberty, her brain is trying to adapt and she's just feeling overly lonely. is that what you want? you want someone to just latch on to you thats younger to make you feel better about yourself? tell you that you're "not boring" and gives you some hope to change your personality while you're constantly self-loathing on your faults and insecurities? is this girl going to be your savior? NO, she wont. shes a little girl. find an older girl, try to talk to them and continually get rejected(given your expertise in conversation and understanding relationships) it'd be the best thing for you to jump right in. that way, you're forced to adapt with actual women and you'll end up evolving, instead of constantly retrogressing to a time of uncertainty and still riding the cusp of childhood by talking to a 16 year old girl.

you asked her if you're boring. jesus. if you don't understand whats wrong there, i really don't know what to tell you. i'm done with this topic, i just don't understand some people. unbelieveable

Kylie
Nov 15, 2008, 03:37 PM
You seem to have a lot of issues with relationships (this is your fourth thread on the subject?). I sense that there's an issue here that has little to do with the girls you've dated and more so to do with you, and you should try to find out what that is (I have no idea what it is) and address it before you try to "fix" your relationships.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 15, 2008, 03:51 PM
If you ask me, that looks more like a subtle hint to go away.

If you can't start talking, that would probably be because she has no interest in you.

thunder-ray
Nov 15, 2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not that good with talking to anyboy at all. XDWhy? Have you ever even tried to talk to people around your area?

RikaPSOW
Nov 15, 2008, 07:49 PM
You must not know very much about each other, then. I don't see how you're boyfriend and girlfriend if you can't even communicate.

Relationships are all about communication. If there isn't communication, there isn't a relationship.

If you've started dating without knowing each other's interests, you've screwed up somewhere. Does she like cats? Send her funny cat pictures or something about Clinton's old cat, Socks. Does she like whales? There's a show about crazy people trying to stop whale hunters. Goodness, it's not that difficult.

Well me and her do know a lot about eachother, she's dealt with me for a while. And yeah, she does like cats (well sorta). We do have common iterests, just I guess I don't have many interests to begin with. XD

RikaPSOW
Nov 15, 2008, 08:10 PM
Dude, you could branch off of that statement
you "I'm boring..."
her "no you're not..."
you (this is where light sarcasm can be added to get laughs out of it) "yes I am, you're just too afraid to say that... :P"

If she takes it the wrong way, just add a j/k, if you can crack a joke about things, you're in good shape.

Any girl that can laugh at stupid things like that knows that you're not boring, which is a good reflection to you.

Now, I have had this situation before (read my previous topics...), and if I could, I would crack a joke to try to lighten things up a little bit, and guess what? It WORKED :D

Nothing feels better to you if you can make your girl laugh, even if it requires a little embarrassment, but you won't care afterwards.

Sidenote: Solstis, nice job on the 4444 posts :D.

Good idea. ^^

lol. ok. she told you you're not boring after you asked her if she thinks you're boring? aren't you the same kid that said your "ex-girlfriend's friend rated you looks-wise lower than your girlfriend," and for some reason you thought that meant that you should be happy to have her or as some sort of benchmark in a relationship because of some girl's best friend's biased opinion on your relationship to her or some shit? honestly, i would just tell you to denounce relationships with girls in highschool first of all, i'm getting the impression you're very needy. i think i remember you saying that you're like 18 or something like that, and i would say that you're better off striking out constantly with girls that are at least your age or a little older instead of going for the sure-thing with a 16 year old girl over the internet that probably just wants to feel something, feel ANYthing for that matter, that she can't get in her little highschool. she's in a time period where her emotions are out of whack because of her spiking hormones and puberty, her brain is trying to adapt and she's just feeling overly lonely. is that what you want? you want someone to just latch on to you thats younger to make you feel better about yourself? tell you that you're "not boring" and gives you some hope to change your personality while you're constantly self-loathing on your faults and insecurities? is this girl going to be your savior? NO, she wont. shes a little girl. find an older girl, try to talk to them and continually get rejected(given your expertise in conversation and understanding relationships) it'd be the best thing for you to jump right in. that way, you're forced to adapt with actual women and you'll end up evolving, instead of constantly retrogressing to a time of uncertainty and still riding the cusp of childhood by talking to a 16 year old girl.

you asked her if you're boring. jesus. if you don't understand whats wrong there, i really don't know what to tell you. i'm done with this topic, i just don't understand some people. unbelieveable

"ex-girlfriend's friend rated you looks-wise lower than your girlfriend," , I don't remember that. I see what your getting at, but that's not what this topic is about. Anyway, this topic is about how I could start a conversation, what to talk about, etc. Maybe I went a little offtopic myself. XD

You seem to have a lot of issues with relationships (this is your fourth thread on the subject?). I sense that there's an issue here that has little to do with the girls you've dated and more so to do with you, and you should try to find out what that is (I have no idea what it is) and address it before you try to "fix" your relationships.

Yeah, I do think it's me.

If you ask me, that looks more like a subtle hint to go away.

If you can't start talking, that would probably be because she has no interest in you.

I don't know what to say really to that statement.

Why? Have you ever even tried to talk to people around your area?

No I haven't

(By the way, this is my second reply to these. Sorry if my comments aren't ellaborate. My internet messed up when I tried submiting the first time).

EphekZ
Nov 15, 2008, 08:47 PM
Another online relationship...
No, it's not a relationship, You have a chat buddy. Relationships are developed with physical interaction, yes, that includes talking. Chances are you know 10% about this person, because people are defined by their actions and you can't see actions online. I'll revise my last statement from my earlier post: Get some real tail.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 15, 2008, 09:24 PM
I don't know what to say really to that statement.

I do.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND GET SOMEONE YOUR AGE THAT YOU CAN HOLD AND TOUCH, BECAUSE THAT'S ALWAYS BETTER THAN CYBERING.

ALWAYS

And yes, the caps were neccesary.

thunder-ray
Nov 16, 2008, 12:12 AM
I do.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND GET SOMEONE YOUR AGE THAT YOU CAN HOLD AND TOUCH, BECAUSE THAT'S ALWAYS BETTER THAN CYBERING.

ALWAYS

I secound this

McLaughlin
Nov 16, 2008, 12:38 AM
Not a whole hell of a lot to talk about when all you can discuss is anime and whatever videogame you two date each other over.

I mean come on. You can't talk about friends, because you don't share (or have?) any. You can't talk about school because you're not a student anymore (or at the very least not the same grade). Can't talk about local stuff because the other won't understand the references.

Every topic you start about this stupid shit ends the same way; with everyone telling you to get a grip and stop vying for a spot on To Catch a Predator.

Hell, you don't even call her your girlfriend. You abbreviate her.

Arika
Nov 16, 2008, 01:57 AM
The best way is to get more knowledge from out side world, read newspaper and watch TV. However, some people can't really do that by changing the way their life. The simpler solution are:

1.Since this is PS-forum, and you know ur GF online, I assume she is playing online game also? (may be PSO,PSU?)
well, if you really can't talk to her, just go play online game with her instead.

2.If it come to MSN, you can talk with her about anime. Although this is not suggest unless you 2 both share the same interest in Anime.

question: does she admit to be your girl friend? or you assume it? but how do u know that she love you?

RikaPSOW
Nov 16, 2008, 07:32 AM
Another online relationship...
No, it's not a relationship, You have a chat buddy. Relationships are developed with physical interaction, yes, that includes talking. Chances are you know 10% about this person, because people are defined by their actions and you can't see actions online. I'll revise my last statement from my earlier post: Get some real tail.

Eh. >.>

I do.

ALWAYS

Eh... x.x

RikaPSOW
Nov 16, 2008, 07:44 AM
Not a whole hell of a lot to talk about when all you can discuss is anime and whatever videogame you two date each other over.

I mean come on. You can't talk about friends, because you don't share (or have?) any. You can't talk about school because you're not a student anymore (or at the very least not the same grade). Can't talk about local stuff because the other won't understand the references.

Every topic you start about this stupid shit ends the same way; with everyone telling you to get a grip and stop vying for a spot on To Catch a Predator.

Hell, you don't even call her your girlfriend. You abbreviate her.

Used to have a lot of friends, but they hate me now. I only abbreviated her on the topic title because I thought the title would be too long, otherwise I would have typed it fully.

The best way is to get more knowledge from out side world, read newspaper and watch TV. However, some people can't really do that by changing the way their life. The simpler solution are:

1.Since this is PS-forum, and you know ur GF online, I assume she is playing online game also? (may be PSO,PSU?)
well, if you really can't talk to her, just go play online game with her instead.

2.If it come to MSN, you can talk with her about anime. Although this is not suggest unless you 2 both share the same interest in Anime.

question: does she admit to be your girl friend? or you assume it? but how do u know that she love you?

1: She does play online games also, not psu/pso though (she has the demo for psu though).
So I guess we can play something.

2: Yeah we can, and we do share the same interests in anime. ^^

Well I did ask her out, and she said yes. I know she loves me because she has for a long time, even when I was going out with my ex-girlfriend she was always interested in me.

Arika
Nov 16, 2008, 10:26 AM
Well I did ask her out, and she said yes. I know she loves me because she has for a long time, even when I was going out with my ex-girlfriend she was always interested in me.

It mean that she know you in RL? because she see you with your EX girl friend too. Or she know it from online game?
anyway, congrat to another couple after RaidenxMysterousG

RikaPSOW
Nov 16, 2008, 12:01 PM
It mean that she know you in RL? because she see you with your EX girl friend too. Or she know it from online game?
anyway, congrat to another couple after RaidenxMysterousG

No she doesn't know me in real life. And I did know her when I was with my ex-girl friends. She was always there for me and such. "anyway, congrat to another couple after RaidenxMysterousG"???

Mysterious-G
Nov 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
*cough*
I am posting in the rants section, I can't believe it.

Hm, screw it. I wanted to write something, but am too lazy right now. You have MSN?
Then add me. You two are in a similiar position to me and Rai. We are quite happy, though.
I will try to give you tips~ :)

RikaPSOW
Nov 16, 2008, 01:57 PM
*cough*
I am posting in the rants section, I can't believe it.

Hm, screw it. I wanted to write something, but am too lazy right now. You have MSN?
Then add me. You two are in a similiar position to me and Rai. We are quite happy, though.
I will try to give you tips~ :)

I think I get that now. XD

AlexCraig
Nov 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
If'n you need more help, I, too, am in an online relationship (almost a year and a half now) and would be glad to help.

Mysterious-G
Nov 16, 2008, 02:44 PM
If'n you need more help, I, too, am in an online relationship (almost a year and a half now) and would be glad to help.

Oh, yeah. Alex is a great person to cry talk to. I ensure you that.

Arika
Nov 16, 2008, 05:38 PM
I see, so you all met via online game. lol, I can image picture. but it is not PSU?

CupOfCoffee
Nov 16, 2008, 06:29 PM
I hate to be negative, RikaPSOW, but it seems like every time you come to the PSOW rants forum with your relationship problems, all you get is abuse and laughs. It's starting to seem like you're either a masochist or a very subtle troll, but either way, is any of this really helping you? The odd constructive comment amid a sea of lol's doesn't seem like it could possibly be of much value. If I were you and were looking for helpful advice, I would probably first turn toward someone I know who's been in a successful online relationship (although the fact that most people don't know one of these may be telling of how often they do in fact work).

"On topic," however, I'll have to echo what the majority of replies have tried to hammer into your head: online just isn't a substitute for real life, especially when it's a "relationship" between two inexperienced people. I think it would be a bit of a sweeping generalization to make the claim that text is not valid communication, but for two people who have never actually met in person (or even talked on the phone) to claim to be "girlfriend and boyfriend" seems a little silly to those who have a bit more romantic experience (or, not to be taken the wrong way... common sense).

The risk in an online relationship of idealizing the other person in your own mind is just too great. When you only interact with someone through IMs or something similar, you almost can't help but twist and turn the things they write to better suit what you want to hear or know about them. You fall in love with the ideal version of someone as they present themselves in fragmented bits, transmitted through underground wires; and it doesn't help when someone is either better or worse at writing/typing than they are at real live talking.

Good luck if you continue with these internet flings, but I hope someday you find the guts to want an in-person relationship without all the filters and half-truths the internet makes so easy to get lost in.

RikaPSOW
Nov 16, 2008, 09:33 PM
I see, so you all met via online game. lol, I can image picture. but it is not PSU?

Well I met her on the PSU demo, but she doesn't have the real game. I'm not exactly sure which games she plays, but I know she plays fable 2. I'll play that with her when we get the chance. She plays games on the pc too, but she is rarely on it.

I hate to be negative, RikaPSOW, but it seems like every time you come to the PSOW rants forum with your relationship problems, all you get is abuse and laughs. It's starting to seem like you're either a masochist or a very subtle troll, but either way, is any of this really helping you? The odd constructive comment amid a sea of lol's doesn't seem like it could possibly be of much value. If I were you and were looking for helpful advice, I would probably first turn toward someone I know who's been in a successful online relationship (although the fact that most people don't know one of these may be telling of how often they do in fact work).

"On topic," however, I'll have to echo what the majority of replies have tried to hammer into your head: online just isn't a substitute for real life, especially when it's a "relationship" between two inexperienced people. I think it would be a bit of a sweeping generalization to make the claim that text is not valid communication, but for two people who have never actually met in person (or even talked on the phone) to claim to be "girlfriend and boyfriend" seems a little silly to those who have a bit more romantic experience (or, not to be taken the wrong way... common sense).

The risk in an online relationship of idealizing the other person in your own mind is just too great. When you only interact with someone through IMs or something similar, you almost can't help but twist and turn the things they write to better suit what you want to hear or know about them. You fall in love with the ideal version of someone as they present themselves in fragmented bits, transmitted through underground wires; and it doesn't help when someone is either better or worse at writing/typing than they are at real live talking.

Good luck if you continue with these internet flings, but I hope someday you find the guts to want an in-person relationship without all the filters and half-truths the internet makes so easy to get lost in.

Your kidding about the troll thing right? O_O
Anyway my most friends are complete @#$ @#$%s with me regarding her. And some people's advice here does help (the one's who give it).
I guess your right when it comes to online relationships. And I have no idea how to comment on it even though I read it over twice. XD

EphekZ
Nov 16, 2008, 10:53 PM
I'm not exactly sure which games she plays

She's cheating on you

Leviathan
Nov 16, 2008, 11:05 PM
PSU & Fable?
Talk about what happened in the games?

Nitro Vordex
Nov 16, 2008, 11:15 PM
Interested=/=love

I'm not really sure 13-19 year olds really know what love is.

I'll admit it, I probably don't know either.

Leviathan
Nov 16, 2008, 11:32 PM
You'll know love when you see it.

Shadowpawn
Nov 16, 2008, 11:36 PM
She's cheating on you

I nearly chocked on my pencil reading that. I have no else to add to this topic. :/

thunder-ray
Nov 17, 2008, 06:42 AM
I nearly chocked on my pencil reading that. I have no else to add to this topic. :/Same here =/

RikaPSOW
Nov 17, 2008, 11:54 AM
She's cheating on you

I doubt it. =P

PSU & Fable?
Talk about what happened in the games?

I guess me and her can. ^^

Interested=/=love

I'm not really sure 13-19 year olds really know what love is.

I'll admit it, I probably don't know either.

Meh.. x.x
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what? It doesn't really matter what me and her talk about. As long as me and her just enjoy eachother's presence it shouldn't really matter at all. ^^

Kylie
Nov 17, 2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I do think it's me.Well, I'd love to help you. I really would, but there's not much to deduce from this thread. I don't think your real issue has anything to do with your girlfriend and not being able to talk to her though. On that same note, I would suggest not making threads like this anymore. You need to figure it out, and asking us what to do with every move is a terrible sign. Not to mention that the flaming and stuff in this thread (not from you) is getting difficult to read. >_>;

Outrider
Nov 17, 2008, 01:53 PM
You know what? It doesn't really matter what me and her talk about. As long as me and her just enjoy eachother's presence it shouldn't really matter at all. ^^

I mean, you understand that there is no presence to enjoy, right?

Just because you can apply labels to each other doesn't mean that there's necessarily a relationship. Now, this thread makes me feel one of two things. Either:

A) There is no relationship. You think you guys are in love when you're really just both people looking to say that you're in a relationship even though there's no real basis or sense of interaction.

OR

B) You're being incredibly vague and not telling us the whole story.

If everything you've said is the extent of your relationship, then there's nothing there. You're barely at the point of flirting, much less at a point where you could even consider yourselves as any sort of couple.

AlexCraig
Nov 17, 2008, 03:54 PM
Closed by OP request.