PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Zero Opening Video + Theme Song

WBMike
Nov 17, 2008, 08:11 AM
Its me again.. As usual..

Enjoy the Huge clear quality Anime Opening with theme song provided by Avex Trax ;3

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/WBRicardo/hunta.jpg

mms://mms.gpara.com/movie/pszero/081117/pv.wmv

Yes i know mms sounds funny but its a streaming WMV. Copy and paste to address bar and allow Windows Media Player to launch.

The White Cast's name is OGI.

Edit: Sorry about that I see someone else posted it before me in another thread.

Vanzazikon
Nov 17, 2008, 01:36 PM
:lol: I'll give you points for the effort. :)

Arika
Nov 17, 2008, 07:20 PM
Even they try to make it like PSO, the design is opposite tho. PSO has more adult character, but PSZ has only children(or adult, but still look like children?)... May be this is the reason it is on DS instead of other console.

Niered
Nov 17, 2008, 07:22 PM
Even they try to make it like PSO, the design is opposite tho. PSO has more adult character, but PSZ has only children(or adult, but still look like children?)... May be this is the reason it is on DS instead of other console.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151925

This.

Arika
Nov 17, 2008, 07:29 PM
After I read that, I don't think better game play is the real reason behind this. The real reason is "Nintendo DS" + "children" = perfect combo.
I think this game aim 2 group of customer :
"new generation children" + "those old PSO fan"

children trend to favor more to the game which have main character similar to them.
and by make this reflect PSO, it always easy to attach PSO fan.

Niered
Nov 17, 2008, 07:38 PM
@Arika:That may be true, but it doesn't deny the fact that a lower poly-gon count allows for more things in the game, and that with that in mind it makes more sense to use disproportionate rather than proportionate characters.

Arika
Nov 17, 2008, 07:40 PM
why is it just children? Its supposed to appeal to a wide demo graphic. Besides, hyper realistic graphics aren't the best choice for the DS platform. but im just repeating whats in that thread.
ya, I knew, I already read that thread as I said last reply.

What I meant is that they have planed this project to hit 2 main group ("new gen children"+"PSO fan") since the beginning when they chose nintendo DS platform already.
you know, when you are doing business, you will have to think "who will you sell your stuff to"

Niered
Nov 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
Just stating a stereotype?

I think your forgetting that the DS has some very much hardcore titles. The FF remakes, the Castlevania titles, the various M rated games (Dementium, GTA Chinatown) and its plethora of "hardcore" RPG's.

So yes, your stereotype holds true to a point, but then again, its only a stereotype.

DeathMachine
Nov 17, 2008, 08:01 PM
You're both making valid observations! Niered is right on the hardware point, and Arika is making a proper observation on the marketing point. Can't we all just get along and kill Rappies together!?

Arika
Nov 17, 2008, 08:16 PM
okay well, I understand DeathMachine, but I just need to explain what he misunderstand in my point first.

I think your forgetting that the DS has some very much hardcore titleNo, I never forget that. That is the reason I said the word "combo"
DS game doesn't have to design it in children way! as your examples.
So they use both "DS" and "children style character design" as combo to hit children market.
and obviously use "PSO style" to bring back PSO fan

Arika
Nov 17, 2008, 08:36 PM
Mario was children game in the past, and until now, those children grown up, so it doesn't be children only anymore. It is like an old mascot.

For "choice of word" I know that just children is not very accurate theme, but there is no more better way I can think of to describe this kind of design. It look like children no matter they draw adult or children character, so I say "children style" it should be good enough.
you are not attached into this game by the design anyway, I can see that most people here are all into this game because they are PSO-fan group (1 of the major group that they will hit the market for)
However.. Why would they rely on old-fan base along? they want more customer! so they want to bring new children to play this game. There is nothing wrong on trying to bring more customer.

DeathMachine
Nov 17, 2008, 10:15 PM
Let's please stay on topic. God, just like the old days, subbing for mods...(I wish Odin were here...)

So it looks like that Horny Newman (hehe) is the bad guy for this installment. Why is it that the Newmen in this have to have those PSU Cast things on their heads?

Niered
Nov 17, 2008, 10:47 PM
Didnt they have horns in the very first PSU trailer? It sounded like they dropped the idea back then, but I seem to recall a blue haired newman girl with horns, or maybe she was supposed to be a cast? Don't know. Its literally been years since I saw that trailer.

Its an interesting aesthetic choice though, perhaps trying to distance themselve from the "space elf" cliche?

DeathMachine
Nov 17, 2008, 10:59 PM
That was a Cast. Plus, with the pointy ears, they look even MORE like space elves! That's the first thing I thought when I saw them this way!

Vanzazikon
Nov 18, 2008, 12:00 AM
So it looks like that Horny Newman (hehe) is the bad guy for this installment.In what ways did the word "horny" came to your mind when you laid eyes on that he-she. :wacko: He doesn't look so tough at all... kind of scary even. God where are the tough, badass rivals at. I wish Kireek was here. :disapprove:

Side Note: Whoa, man am I a PSO-Junkie :D I guess Arika points are true. :lol:

DeathMachine
Nov 18, 2008, 12:36 AM
I never saw any Newman as a threat. ESPECIALLY 'cause he's so dern skinny. Rappies look scarier this time around! If only my hero, Kireek, comes and whoops him and replaces him as main enemy somewhere in the story will I be impressed. I mean, seriously, dude eats souls for a LIVING! How do you top that?

Niered
Nov 18, 2008, 01:11 AM
Im really stuck on who Ill be playing as this time around. I always loved RAcasts since PSO v.2., then I switched to a HUnewhearl for GC. I got sick of seeing so many casts on PSU, so I went RAnewm for that.

So this time around I want to go back to ranger, but if too many people start going RAcast, I'm thinking of doing RAmar, but he seems sort of popular with the cowboy crowd, if thats the case, I think Ill go RAmarl. She has a pretty sick design if you ask me, much more functional than most of the other female outfits (im not saying anything against that by the way) just seems cool. Plus I did like the fact that techs werent completely useless to me as a HUnewhearl.

Seority
Nov 18, 2008, 09:38 AM
This game will be fun w/e the anime is! =D

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 18, 2008, 01:06 PM
I actually enjoyed watching that
i may actually get it now :P

on a side note.....Ogi looked AWESOME!!!! why we cant look similiar to that on PSU....liked the helmet

i could be trippin but......did Kai's sword shoot something toward the end??? Nice ^_^

Shiroyu
Nov 18, 2008, 03:30 PM
Yep, that would be the gunslash, a new weapon for PSŲ.

Vanzazikon
Nov 18, 2008, 04:33 PM
The only disappointing thing in the video was the lack of a main character who was a HUcast. :disapprove: I wish there was one on the side of good or at least isn't brainwashed by a contagious virus or an alien life-form.

Alis-Landeel
Nov 18, 2008, 05:14 PM
Slowdown at minute 2.21.

Too bad!

Gemel
Nov 18, 2008, 05:25 PM
Slowdown at minute 2.21.

Too bad!

If that's the part with the big robot (I can't figure how to make this video work out) then look closely at the Humar. It looks like he's got that slowdown effect you can get in PSO and plus everything else looks to be moving normally.

ANIMEniac
Nov 18, 2008, 11:22 PM
i dont care what any1 says... this is a BOMB A$$ opening, better than PSU imo. i SOO cant wait for this

Meta77
Nov 20, 2008, 11:31 AM
hmm i could make some gifs from this.....but what.