PDA

View Full Version : X-Box PSO Servers

Durandal37
Feb 4, 2003, 01:03 PM
Alright, I'm officially confused. I've heard that Microsoft is going to be running the servers. I've heard that Sonic Team is going to be running the servers. Which is it? Does anybody actually know for sure yet?

And if Microsoft is running the servers, then why in the hell do you have to buy a Hunter's License?

Celes152
Feb 4, 2003, 01:16 PM
Sonic team charges that because they will provide "new content(I.E. quests)".

Nidarrock
Feb 4, 2003, 01:19 PM
From what I have read/heard Microsoft is running the lobby servers and Sega is running the game servers. That sounds kinda wierd but who knows.

LollipopLolita
Feb 4, 2003, 03:36 PM
microsoft is running the servers. the jp xbox site has a faq that answers this question

Jasmineflower
Feb 4, 2003, 05:43 PM
guessing xbox players will in no way be linked with players from the gamecube version?

Durandal37
Feb 4, 2003, 08:13 PM
On 2003-02-04 12:36, LollipopLolita wrote:
microsoft is running the servers. the jp xbox site has a faq that answers this question

Really? Hrm... alright I'll go look. Thanks Lolita.

Also, to the post before this one, nope, there will be no interactivity with the Gamecube community.

MilkManX
Feb 4, 2003, 10:04 PM
On 2003-02-04 17:13, Durandal37 wrote:

Really? Hrm... alright I'll go look. Thanks Lolita.

Also, to the post before this one, nope, there will be no interactivity with the Gamecube community.

That sucks. It would have been cool to play crossplatform although the XBOX players have the headsets and the GCN players have either the ascii KB or lots of cool smileys.

LollipopLolita
Feb 4, 2003, 10:13 PM
On 2003-02-04 14:43, Jasmineflower wrote:
guessing xbox players will in no way be linked with players from the gamecube version?

no, the jp xbox faq on the site also answers that question

rbf2000
Feb 4, 2003, 10:21 PM
US xbox players don't even get to play with JP xbox players. Or at least that's what I have heard. Some security reason...

Gartywood
Feb 5, 2003, 01:00 AM
the way i've heard is that MS is going to "maintain" the servers but that sonic team will still be incharge of the maintenence...new content, bug fixes, etc etc etc. I know that if i were sonic team i wouldnt allow MS access to source code as ms isnt about to let anyone near their source and would definately violate international copyright laws to profuit froms sega's source and then tied it up in appeals until they have made enough money off the money they mad to pay the coders royalties and still have made a billion dollars off of it.

faceless
Feb 5, 2003, 02:23 AM
On 2003-02-04 19:13, LollipopLolita wrote:

On 2003-02-04 14:43, Jasmineflower wrote:

no, the jp xbox faq on the site also answers that question

URL?

LollipopLolita
Feb 5, 2003, 02:45 AM
you can access it when you're out of the forums on the site or intforum index. it's in the left block with all the sonic team banners

here it is anyhow

http://www.sonicteam.com/pso/xbox/index.html

Getintothegame
Feb 5, 2003, 02:51 AM
Hmm? I wish I knew Japaneese... So, anyway, the XBOX version will not see any 'Cubers?

SilencePSO
Feb 5, 2003, 02:55 AM
On 2003-02-04 23:51, Getintothegame wrote:
Hmm? I wish I knew Japaneese... So, anyway, the XBOX version will not see any 'Cubers?

No Xbox Live won't work with any other consoles online. Xbox uses Voice chat an none of the other consoles do, so it would be mostly impossible.

faceless
Feb 5, 2003, 04:11 AM
On 2003-02-04 23:45, LollipopLolita wrote:
you can access it when you're out of the forums on the site or intforum index. it's in the left block with all the sonic team banners

here it is anyhow

http://www.sonicteam.com/pso/xbox/index.html

thanks!

rena-ko
Feb 5, 2003, 06:03 AM
On 2003-02-04 23:55, SilencePSO wrote:
No Xbox Live won't work with any other consoles online. Xbox uses Voice chat an none of the other consoles do, so it would be mostly impossible.

main reason would be the insecurity because microsoft can not influence anything with these other consoles - first of, how the cheating problem is handled at ps2/cube.

but for the seperation of the japanese and the american xbl-pso-servers, the only actual reason i could think of is the voicechat...

saffaya
Feb 5, 2003, 07:51 AM
No Xbox Live won't work with any other consoles online.

Incorrect. The possibility for the future has been acknowledged months ago by a M$ rep.

Xbox uses Voice chat an none of the other consoles do, so it would be mostly impossible.

Wrong.
DC used it.
PS2 has it.

SilencePSO
Feb 5, 2003, 08:43 AM
On 2003-02-05 04:51, saffaya wrote:

No Xbox Live won't work with any other consoles online.

Incorrect. The possibility for the future has been acknowledged months ago by a M$ rep.

Xbox uses Voice chat an none of the other consoles do, so it would be mostly impossible.

Wrong.
DC used it.
PS2 has it.

Talk about taking my answers out of context. Is there voice chat in GC PSO? NO, there isn't. Sure 1 DC game had it (with 3 whole seconds of voice, woo) and 1 PS2 game has it, but that isn't the point, the point is that GC PSO doesn't have it, and Xbox PSO does, and since the question was reguarding weather xbox and GC'ers could play together...

And if you can show me where MS said that Xbox Live may work with other consoles in the future, then your first statement might mean something, until you do, what I said was true. And even if you can, that is as you said a, "possibility for the future" and impossible at this point in time.

saffaya
Feb 5, 2003, 12:03 PM
And even if you can, that is as you said a, "possibility for the future" and impossible at this point in time.

Still, it is better than their previous stance that was 'Live network closed forever'.

Only a very professionnal game company, with emphasis on security and reliability would qualify for extension of the network.
Sonic team sure as hell doesn't qualify.

GreatGino
Feb 5, 2003, 04:08 PM
On 2003-02-05 05:43, SilencePSO wrote:
...Sure 1 DC game had it (with 3 whole seconds of voice, woo)...

wrong...how could you forget seaman! clinton was first in line for that sucker (mispronunciation...poor bill)

Blenjar
Feb 5, 2003, 04:13 PM

thx for the answer. I'm getting the game for sure.

SilencePSO
Feb 6, 2003, 01:03 AM
On 2003-02-05 13:08, GreatGino wrote:

On 2003-02-05 05:43, SilencePSO wrote:
...Sure 1 DC game had it (with 3 whole seconds of voice, woo)...

wrong...how could you forget seaman! clinton was first in line for that sucker (mispronunciation...poor bill)

I didn't forget Seaman, but did you play Seaman online? I sure didn't (somehow I knew this would come up, but I thought people would realize the topic here is PSO not voice chat on the DC *sighs*).

faceless
Feb 6, 2003, 04:02 AM
as for voice support on DC online, there's also the cancelled game that everyone wanted... Propellor Arena...