PDA

View Full Version : Extra money drops?

Ascerin
Nov 17, 2008, 06:30 PM
I have tested this a couple times, but only in offline mode, so I'm curious to see if it works in online mode too. I'd be appreciative to anyone who can check this for me and if there are any other examples like this. I found out that when I used an untyped Ohsobra to kill the Kakwanes in White Beast C, they were dropping 7000-11000 meseta, a huge amount for a drop at that level. Is that just a fluke or glitch, or is it something that happens more often? I'm curious to hear some feedback.

Golto
Nov 17, 2008, 06:57 PM
Those monsters just drop a lot of meseta offline. No trick to make them drop that much. I wish they dropped tha much online.

Tyreek
Nov 17, 2008, 07:10 PM
Keep in mind: Kakwanes offline = cash cow. I pretty much got everything I wanted to buy off of these things. Wish the same could be said for online, but then it'll be too unbalanced.

Ascerin
Nov 18, 2008, 12:38 PM
Ok. Thanks. The only reason I asked is that none of the current weapons in my pallet had the same resulting high meseta drop. It seems like they were normally dropping around 400. :P Oh well. I guess I'll just stick with what's been working for me to rack up the offline meseta. I miss online mode, but I just got married and we're so very very broke. I don't have the money to pay for it every month, or the time to make it worth my while.

Kryslin
Nov 18, 2008, 12:44 PM
There have been instances, especially during MAG, where I've suffered under what I call "The Curse of the Yellowboze"*. On 3 A and B rank runs, anything that could drop meseta did... And nothing else. Granted, while a load of cash is useful, it gets tiresome when it's the only thing dropping (especially when you're looking for other things...

This has nearly repeated on several occasions (most notably, in Sleeping Warriors S2), where a majority of drops have been meseta, usually interrupted by a goldania or catilium... See my note above about how it gets old, fast...

I'm beginning to think that something vaguely resembling the old section ID has been built into the game, and no one's told us about it... (My opinion, your mileage may vary...)

Steve
* Yellowboze, for those who don't know, was a section ID from PSO where you had a lot of meseta and enemy parts drop, with not much else coming your way... Curse of the Yellowboze refers to a run where the ground is littered with meseta...