PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about Betta's? (fish)

Meyfei
Nov 18, 2008, 09:10 PM
My Betta got its ass handed to it by another fish in the tank. (my dad being a retard, believed it was a gold fish, are their any goldfish that are white, with their brain showing above their eyes?)

that fishes description: fat, white/pink and scaly, has a lumpy red spot on its head (i think it's his brain), fancy fins in the back.

my Betta, it's like dieing. it's back fins are all stringy and torn, it swims lop-sided, wont eat, wont bother doing anything but lay around, and live, and it's color is all messed up :(

is it a goner, or can it regrow its tail fins back in some time, if left away from that -cough- "Goldfish"

EJ
Nov 18, 2008, 09:28 PM
It sounds like it is sick and was beaten up pretty badly by that other fish.

You can try to give it some medicine to see if that will make it's condition better but if you leave it in that state it will die, I would suggest to go to your pet shop and ask them there what you can do to make your Beta better.

Meyfei
Nov 18, 2008, 09:41 PM
I'll try that.

The reason why it's gotten beaten, was because the guy who sold the fish to my dad, said it was a gold fish :(

Monochrome
Nov 19, 2008, 03:13 AM
I thought beta were "fighting fish"

I guess it exchanged words with the wrong brain-fish

EJ
Nov 19, 2008, 04:13 AM
I'll try that.

The reason why it's gotten beaten, was because the guy who sold the fish to my dad, said it was a gold fish :(

Goldfish usually don't get allow with Betta that well and the best fish from experience that goes great with Betta are Tetra's.

Meyfei
Nov 21, 2008, 10:23 AM
what do tetra's look like?

[spoiler-box]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/sonic-chaos/The%20Wind%20Waker/zww-tetra.jpg[/spoiler-box]