PDA

View Full Version : PSO+ for GC $200?! (This is my 1st topic post ever since I registred. :p)

jShazBot
Nov 18, 2008, 09:36 PM
I was checking out some news on G4.com and I came across this news about old gamecube games already up to the price of $400. G4 provided a link to the source and apparently this is true!

I'm surprised PSO is the 2nd most expensive game for GCN now. Don't ask how NCAA College Basketball 2K3 is worth $400 now because I have no freakin idea either..

Unfortunately I found out that my little brother has practically lost all my GC games except Timesplitters 2, Zelda Windwaker, and Supersmash bros. And I think PSO+ was the one I had to! ...:argh:...

http://blog.videogamepricecharts.com/2008/11/30-rare-expensive-gamecube-games.html

Vanzazikon
Nov 18, 2008, 09:46 PM
Oh man, I feel for you. I really wanted PSO+ but seeing it for more than $200 broke my spirit.

AlexCraig
Nov 18, 2008, 09:50 PM
I got mine for $25 from someone here on PSOW (Never been used, still in plastic wrap).

DeathMachine
Nov 18, 2008, 10:00 PM
I got mine for $35 two years ago. Inflation sucks for you guys :P

Monochrome
Nov 18, 2008, 11:38 PM
Wow, I shouldn't have passed up PSO+ when it was clearanced - $10 new... oh well

Nitro Vordex
Nov 19, 2008, 01:06 AM
I bought my PSO+ Brand spankin' new in plastic wrap for $60 bucks.

Totally worth it. :wacko:

TheOneHero
Nov 19, 2008, 01:11 AM
www.ebay.com disagrees.

EJ
Nov 19, 2008, 04:22 AM
I just downloaded all the quest that was given in PSO+ from that certain server onto my memory card so PSO+ is not needed for me at least.

Suck for those who looking for a cube and pso that it cost so much.

Powder Keg
Nov 19, 2008, 05:06 AM
I still have both GC copies....as TOH said though, ebay pretty much nullifies what they're saying.

Neith
Nov 19, 2008, 05:23 AM
Still have my GC copy (and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, which is also on that list).

These lists are nice, but as people have said, you just go on Ebay and they're much cheaper...

SStrikerR
Nov 19, 2008, 10:33 AM
I have 2 copies of PSO+ in pretty nice condition, and spent about as much as Nitro did for his one. Suckers. :wacko:

SubstanceD
Nov 19, 2008, 11:16 AM
Wow!!!

$200.00 seems very steep to me. About a year ago most of my local video game stores were practically giving second hand Gamecubes away ( I live in Europe by the way ). Of course I don't see any of these offers anymore so they have either completly sold out or they gave up trying to shift them and either scrapped them or sent them back to the supplier.

As for PSO Ep.1+2 for the GC, that part doesn't surprise me at all. In my expereince, PSO for the GC has always been a fairly rare game to come by. I bought my copy at launch day and I had to go to every store in Dublin that sold video games before I could find a copy. Surprisingly, alot of the employees in Gamestpo and Game didn't even know what Phantasy Star Online was.