PDA

View Full Version : New Bourne movies to come?

SStrikerR
Nov 21, 2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20081121/b70052/

I've seen and bought the first three Bourne movies already, and this is pretty nice to learn. I'm looking forward to them myself.

Opinions?

McLaughlin
Nov 21, 2008, 07:29 PM
If they're as good as the first three I'll certainly watch them. They're great movies.

SStrikerR
Nov 21, 2008, 07:37 PM
If they're as good as the first three I'll certainly watch them. They're great movies.

Well I've never read any of the books, but these films will be based off the ones NOT written by Ludlum. I'll see them anyway though.

Raven5_1
Nov 21, 2008, 07:38 PM
there are already five bourne movies do we really---

oh wait, the last two were supposed to be bond movies

jShazBot
Nov 21, 2008, 08:53 PM
Damn, the fight and chase scenes in Bourne Movies are simply amazing and original. I just love his fighting style so much. He's obviously a professional in martial arts but he isn't very honor based like those cliched fighters we see now. He fights dirty and it's awesome. One second he's fighting an assassin in some bedroom with a book while he's got a knife and then it ends up with him strangling him to death with a towel. EPIC

Sord
Nov 21, 2008, 10:12 PM
I didn't like the last one as much, it was just to much of cat and mouse and pretty much nothing else. Overall the series is pretty good though, so I'll probably see this one.

SubstanceD
Nov 22, 2008, 03:14 PM
I knew they were maing a 4th Bourne movie but I did not realise they were planning on doing 5 and 6 as well.

Well I've never read any of the books, but these films will be based off the ones NOT written by Ludlum. I'll see them anyway though.

I've just finished reading the first 2 Bourne novels and the I can already say that it is unlikely that the new Bourne films will have little or nothing to do with the other Bourne novels. The movies seem to have taken a major detour from the books. In the books, David Webb ( Jason Bourne ) regains his most of his memories fairly early on but more importantly Marie, his ( future ) wife lives, he settles down, has kids and teaches at a University when he isn't doing what Jason Bourne does best. As for the movies, Marie dies in the Supremacy and Bourne does not learn anything about himself untill the end of Ultimatum

CelestialBlade
Nov 22, 2008, 03:36 PM
I could watch these until the end of time.

EphekZ
Nov 22, 2008, 05:31 PM
The Bourne redundancy anyone?

NPCMook
Nov 22, 2008, 05:54 PM
The Bourne redundancy anyone?

Along with The Bond Identity

mizukage
Nov 27, 2008, 03:15 PM
Bourne movies are good, don't know about the games though.

Shattered_weasel
Nov 27, 2008, 03:30 PM
I thought one just came out called Quantum of Solace.

Skett
Nov 28, 2008, 02:06 AM
While I enjoyed all of the Bourne movies and would likely enjoy another, I thought they did a good job at ending the series with Ultimatum and fear that another would be almost redundant somehow.

Then again, as I just wrote, I'd love another and they COULD explore what type of relationship Bourne and Nickie (or whoever that girl who was in all three movies was) had, as it seemed like Ultimatum was hinting at something else.

SStrikerR
Nov 28, 2008, 06:43 PM
While I enjoyed all of the Bourne movies and would likely enjoy another, I thought they did a good job at ending the series with Ultimatum and fear that another would be almost redundant somehow.

Then again, as I just wrote, I'd love another and they COULD explore what type of relationship Bourne and Nickie (or whoever that girl who was in all three movies was) had, as it seemed like Ultimatum was hinting at something else.

Actually Marie was in the first movies and the beginning of the second until she was shot. Nickie didn't come in till halfway through the Supremacy. All in all I feel the same way. I'd like to see another one, but it could go either way.

NGX
Nov 30, 2008, 12:45 PM
[SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTzyU5MFgM[/SPOILER-BOX]

SStrikerR
Nov 30, 2008, 03:33 PM
[SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTzyU5MFgM[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now what the hell was that supposed to be?