PDA

View Full Version : Jellen/Zalure on FOmar 2x range?

Sedyne
Feb 4, 2003, 04:58 PM
I know that shifta deband are 2x range, but to me it sems i get a much wider range than fonewearlas or any other group with jellen/zalure also. can some1 confirm this?

Eum
Feb 4, 2003, 05:00 PM
Really? For me, with my newer FOnewearl, it feels as if I have better range with Jellen/Zalure. My last character was a FOmar, so...

I don't know, it's hard to tell with those. It's not like Foie, where you can see the distinct damage difference.

Remnant
Feb 4, 2003, 05:03 PM
I was thinking that jellen/zalure was further for FOmar than other FOs, well at least FOnewearl. It seems that way, or perhaps its the levels, maybe everyone gets the same range; FOmarl may be different. Is FOmar Grants more powerful than other FOs, besides FOmarl?

Ghaleon
Feb 4, 2003, 06:29 PM
Is FOmar Grants more powerful than other FOs, besides FOmarl?

i think so

Sedyne
Feb 4, 2003, 06:41 PM
On 2003-02-04 15:29, Ghaleon wrote:

Is FOmar Grants more powerful than other FOs, besides FOmarl?

i think so

No. Wrong, sorry i thought it said FOmarl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeanX930 on 2003-02-04 17:27 ]</font>

MaJin
Feb 4, 2003, 06:49 PM
After using FOnewearl,FOnewn, and FOmar. I notice that FOmar got a wider Jellen/Zalure range too, not sure if its wider but it look like it to me.

Remnant
Feb 4, 2003, 08:19 PM
If FOmar's Grants has a bonus, FOmarl has the same bonus, right? Exact same amount? Why then do people say that the Caduceus in the hands of a FOmarl is a deadly weapon and not the FOmar? = Yet another reason I'd rather be FOmar...

I'm not sure but does each character have 6 technique bonuses?
FOnewearl has Basic techs(3), Resta(1), Megid(1)
FOnewman has GI Techs(3), RA Techs(3)
FOmar has Shifta/Deband(2), Jellen/Zalure(2), GI Techs(3), and Grants(1) <--seems unfair that he has 8...
FOmarl has Grants(1), Shifta/Deband?(2), Anti(1) and I don't know what else...but isn't the whole thing unbalanced, are there techniques that I don't know they have bonuses on? Maybe the FOnewearl has a larger Reverser range also = FOmarl also has Jellen/Zalure large range? I don't know much about FOmarl...

Sedyne
Feb 4, 2003, 08:26 PM
On 2003-02-04 17:19, Remnant wrote:
If FOmar's Grants has a bonus, FOmarl has the same bonus, right? Exact same amount? Why then do people say that the Caduceus in the hands of a FOmarl is a deadly weapon and not the FOmar? = Yet another reason I'd rather be FOmar...

I'm not sure but does each character have 6 technique bonuses?
FOnewearl has Basic techs(3), Resta(1), Megid(1)
FOnewman has GI Techs(3), RA Techs(3)
FOmar has Shifta/Deband(2), Jellen/Zalure(2), GI Techs(3), and Grants(1) <--seems unfair that he has 8...
FOmarl has Grants(1), Shifta/Deband?(2), Anti(1) and I don't know what else...but isn't the whole thing unbalanced, are there techniques that I don't know they have bonuses on? Maybe the FOnewearl has a larger Reverser range also = FOmarl also has Jellen/Zalure large range? I don't know much about FOmarl...

because FOmar grants is not boosted, only FOmarl

Kanore
Feb 4, 2003, 09:38 PM
Hm... that's helpful.

Sounds like FOmar drops DFP waaaay down for MST, eh? Or am I wrong?

Kurosawa
Feb 4, 2003, 09:43 PM
FOmar Grants is boosted 1.3 X, whilst FOmarl Grants is boosted 1.5 X.

watashiwa
Feb 5, 2003, 12:25 AM
Not sure if FOmar has a better Jellen/Zalure range than the other FOs, but he definitely has a pretty decent range. It seems pretty wide. I need to compare, though, but it's possible he has a boost for it.

CajunSamurai
Feb 5, 2003, 02:00 AM
My Lv30 Jellen and Zalure effects an INCREDIBLY large range of monsters. Thing is, the spell's range isn't too great... it's the fact that J/Z seem to spread from monster to monster, kinda like an invisible Gizonde. Unless a monster is on the complete opposite side of the room, pretty much all enemies are affected.
My FOmar is my only FO with Lv30 Jellen and Zalure however, so I really can't compare his range with the other classes...

And yeah, FOmar DO get a 1.3 boost to Grants. It's pretty nice being able to score over 1000 damage on those spikey things during the Falz battle. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Getintothegame
Feb 5, 2003, 02:11 AM
Each FO is special...

FOmar- Power +30: The GI series and Grants
Range x2 on Shifta/Deband

FOmarl- Power +50: Grants
Range x2 on Shifta/Deband, Resta, and Anti

FOnewm- Power +30: The GI series and RA series
No added range on any techs.

FOnewearl- Power +30: Foie, Barta, and Zonde
Range x2 on Resta, Anti, and Megid.

-Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II
Versus books

LollipopLolita
Feb 5, 2003, 02:22 AM
or look here

http://www.pso-world.com/classes.php

elfin
Feb 5, 2003, 06:43 AM
Correct me if im wrong.. But i do think that the FOmarl only gets the range bonus on Deband, and not on Shifta.