PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU npc partner card question....

moomoopenguin
Nov 22, 2008, 04:40 PM
I was trying to get some of the newer partner cards on the Japanese servers, and I can't seem to get Karen's or Liina's and I was wondering if there's anything I have to do differently to get them?

Chuck_Norris
Nov 22, 2008, 05:27 PM
May wanna spoiler those names. Not everyone knows we get their cards.

moomoopenguin
Nov 22, 2008, 05:43 PM
better?

EspioKaos
Nov 22, 2008, 06:25 PM
It all has to do with which route you're following in the story missions. Here's what the JP wiki says on getting Karen's card.

You must complete "Ambition's End" with Olson Waber surviving at the end. (This requires you to go back to the first chapter, find the malfunctioned Lou unit at Rozenom and have her accompany you in "Farewell to Mother." You also have to see a new scene between Ethan an Lumia in "Will of Light;" this scene activates after completing "Ambition's End" and then going back to complete "Will of Light 2" with a grade of S.) After all of that, clear "Photon Harvesting 1" on any difficulty with a grade of S. Following the trial, an event will begin and you'll be given some choices. Select "Listen to the conversation" (it'll appear as このまま話を聞いている in the list). A scene between Ethan and Karen will begin, and after clearing "Photon Harvesting 2," Karen should give you her card.[/spoiler-box]

Not too sure about [spoiler]Liina's card, but it's likely got to do with which events last occurred in your play-through of EP3.

moomoopenguin
Nov 22, 2008, 06:46 PM
wow >.> kinda confused now

EspioKaos
Nov 22, 2008, 09:33 PM
Heh, sorry. It does seem a bit confusing how I wrote it, so let me try again. :lol:

[spoiler-box]* First of all, you must have cleared each story mission (up to "Ambition's End") at least once before.
* Go back to "Despair and Hope 1" and clear it on any difficulty with a grade of S. This will unlock a new scene where you come across a busted Lou unit.
* Now move on to "Will of Light." S rank "Will of Light 2" on any difficult to see a scene with Ethan and Lumia talking to each other.
* Now clear "Farewell to Mother 1" with an S on any difficulty. In the scene before the second act, an option to take Lou with you is added to the list. Select her and clear the mission.
* Next up, "Ambition's End." Clear the second act on any difficulty. (The JP wiki says that your grade doesn't matter, but that the contents of the ending event change slightly with your grade.) This will change the end so that Olson/Orson lives.
* Finally, clear "Photon Harvesting 1" with an S, then select "Listen to the conversation" in the following scene. Ethan and Karen will talk, and you will receive her card after clearing the second act.[/spoiler-box]

moomoopenguin
Nov 22, 2008, 10:11 PM
[spoiler-box]I have no clue how to get the Lou scene to pop up. I really don't know where it is or anything. i got the S rank didn't get it. Then redid Farewell to mother, didn't get it. Do I have to redo the whole Episode 2 story mode again or am I just doing something wrong?
Edit: it is at the part where the cast comes out all banged up isn't it? That should be Lou right?[/spoiler-box]

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 22, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'm sorry to say but...

You need to clear all of Episode 2 in order to trigger the events in Episode 3.
After that, all you need to do is S rank the first act and you'll find Lou before you enter the camp (since you've obviously already cleared Farewell to Mother)

moomoopenguin
Nov 22, 2008, 10:33 PM
I already finished all of 2 though that's the weird thing

Arika
Nov 22, 2008, 11:21 PM
I already finished all of 2 though that's the weird thing

make sure you get all the rank S requirement. then it shouldn't be problem. Make sure that you know which mission to get rank S first, and which mission after too. If you play like... 3-1 S, 3-3 S, 3-4 S.. this will not do!
you have to First, clear 3-5 in any rank
then get rank S on..
3-1, then 3-4, then 3-3, then 3-5 follow the step, and you should see the different on every of those mission.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 22, 2008, 11:31 PM
Lou should already appear after you clear 3-1, Act 1 since you've already fulfilled the other requirements... It's okay to skip scenes too as the ones you haven't seen before are unskippable.

moomoopenguin
Nov 22, 2008, 11:31 PM
But what part is her cut scene on? I don't know if it's that one part or if I'm just missing it somehow. I mean I did all of episode 2 and Farewell to Mother and the chapters after wards. But when I go back to episode 3 chapter one I don't see Lou at all.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 22, 2008, 11:35 PM
After you receive the S rank for the first Act.

Arika
Nov 22, 2008, 11:39 PM
Make sure you follow the step I wrote, then you don't even have to care if you miss any scene or not, because all of that are the requirement.

and you won't get S rank if the NPC in that mission die.

moomoopenguin
Nov 22, 2008, 11:45 PM
Make sure you follow the step I wrote, then you don't even have to care if you miss any scene or not, because all of that are the requirement.

and you won't get S rank if the NPC in that mission die.

Okay so I have to get an S rank on all of those missions before Lou will appear in chapter 1?

Arika
Nov 22, 2008, 11:47 PM
No No, you just have to follow all those step in order to make Olsan survive then if you play S rank in charpter 6 again, you will get Karen

for the Luu cut-scene, you only need to play story mission 3-4 at any rank first. and then come back to play 3-1 again (must get S) btw, are you only play the first part and skip or not?

moomoopenguin
Nov 22, 2008, 11:54 PM
I play the first one, yes, but I have no idea what to look for at all ><

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 23, 2008, 12:18 AM
"After you receive the S rank for the first Act." and
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/1024/psu20081123_180058_000.jpg

"before you enter the camp"
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/1024/psu20081123_180339_006.jpg

Broken down Lou you do find
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/1024/psu20081123_180212_003.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/1024/psu20081123_180225_004.jpg

It's not rocket science... Just what is so hard to understand?

Arika
Nov 23, 2008, 12:30 AM
because it is robot science xD

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 23, 2008, 12:37 AM
:o You mean Caseal science?
I hope you're not actually "looking" for Lou as in searching the map after clearing the trial, all you have to do is clear the mission and you get an additional cutscenes. You don't actually have to look for Lou or anything, it's all automatic.

moomoopenguin
Nov 23, 2008, 12:37 AM
o,o If i don't get it this time I give up for the night lol

moomoopenguin
Nov 23, 2008, 12:39 AM
:o You mean Caseal science?
I hope you're not actually "looking" for Lou as in searching the map after clearing the trial, all you have to do is clear the mission and you get an additional cutscenes. You don't actually have to look for Lou or anything, it's all automatic.

No, no nothing like that. I figured it would be a cutscene. Still starting to frustrate me some ><

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 23, 2008, 12:42 AM
You're absolutely certain you've cleared all of Episode 2?

Arika
Nov 23, 2008, 12:54 AM
Okay, please ignore that cut screen. and follow my step:
if you do all of this, you should automatically get it anyway:

first: clear all story missions of EP 2 and EP 3.
then
-play 3-1 get rank S
-play 3-4 get rank S
-play 3-3 get rank S
-play 3-5 get rank S
-play 3-6 get rank S, select the choice of answer Espio told you.
-play 3-7 ?

moomoopenguin
Nov 23, 2008, 12:55 AM
Yes, all of them are highlighted. I guess I'll try and go over the last one again in case it didn't register or something. I don't >< Argh so much to go through for a simple thing.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 23, 2008, 12:59 AM
Okay, please ignore that cut screen. and follow my step:
if you do all of this, you should automatically get it anyway:

first: clear all story missions of EP 2 and EP 3.
then
-play 3-1 get rank S
-play 3-4 get rank S
-play 3-3 get rank S
-play 3-5 get rank S
-play 3-6 get rank S, select the choice of answer Espio told you.
-play 3-7 ?

Problem is, Lou ain't appearing even after she S ranks 3-1, so you're a little too far ahead.
If Lou doesn't show up, there's no point pushing on with the rest of the missions.

BTW, did you get Tylors card when you cleared 3-2? If you do then I think the game recognises that you've cleared all of E2 since you don't get his card if you haven't.

Arika
Nov 23, 2008, 01:05 AM
I asked him to just go far ahead because he might have some problem during installation which caused him unable to see some cut-screen. THose kind of bug usually not effect game-play, just skip screen only. So I think he should try all the condition once.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 23, 2008, 01:09 AM
That's a pretty big "if", since he won't be able to see if he has that problem until he reaches 3-6 and no Karen card... XD

moomoopenguin
Nov 23, 2008, 01:09 AM
*insert long strain of curse words here* I didn't get the second half of the final chapter in episode 2! DAMNIT!!!!!

Arika
Nov 23, 2008, 01:13 AM
Or he might just see if he can see the change in 3-4 or not.
you must be able to go with Luu to kill mother brain at 3-4-2

note: always S rank every missions even sometimes wiki didn't write the require, that is what I did.

edit:... and you always say you cleared ep2 already -_-

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 23, 2008, 01:15 AM
Problem Solved! ^^;

Arika
Nov 23, 2008, 01:17 AM
anyway, I guess it is about the time I should clear all ep 2 in JP server too.
Since I don't think I should wait to see the story from US server anymore..it is.. too.. long..

btw, I thought this thread is iRC for a while :o

moomoopenguin
Nov 23, 2008, 01:31 AM
I could had sworn I got that >< Guess all the characters are staring to run together. Hopefully it'll work now >< Thanks guys ^^

Chibi_psu
Nov 23, 2008, 04:16 AM
Wait a second...I though you get ethan card in chapter 6...So can you get both cards or what???

moomoopenguin
Nov 23, 2008, 05:07 AM
Yes, if you meet the requirements.

Chibi_psu
Nov 25, 2008, 12:09 PM
Could some kind jp player play chapters 6 and 7 and record them?.I dont think we will see them soon anyway =/

moomoopenguin
Nov 25, 2008, 04:44 PM
Like just the fighting parts. or the story line, or both?

Arika
Nov 25, 2008, 08:49 PM
I have posted spoiler on the screen shot thread, if that is what you meant.
however, I don't intent to record the whole run tho, it is too long of conversation.

moomoopenguin
Nov 25, 2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah it really is ><

Chibi_psu
Nov 26, 2008, 04:10 AM
Full mission would be nice if you can or at least the good parts of it...Anything about liina would be nice too lol i love her :3

Arika
Nov 26, 2008, 05:17 AM
seem you like chibi :D
well, for all the part that I think it is interesting, I have posted on screen shot thread with spoiler box. and video of Hal for 3-7.
I m still thinking to post some screen shot of 3-7 later. but story in 3-7 doesn't seem to be interesting tho.

Chibi_psu
Nov 26, 2008, 06:25 AM
Anything would be fine.I really liked your post about the chapter 6 ^^

moomoopenguin
Nov 26, 2008, 02:19 PM
I was going to make some videos of where the mushrooms are. But it was becoming laggy for me. But I'll just mess with my settings and try and get some for ya today or tomorrow ^^

Chibi_psu
Nov 26, 2008, 02:28 PM
Cool.Thanks a lot :)

moomoopenguin
Nov 27, 2008, 09:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/psumoomoopenguin

Okay so I'm uploading all of the story of chapter 6 right now. I have yet to get an s rank on it yet again to record the special part of the story that you get when you get Karen's card, but I'm going to try and get the rest done in the next couple of days between mag runs and such.

REMEMBER THIS DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Chibi_psu
Nov 28, 2008, 03:54 AM
Thanks a lot moomoopenguin i really appreciate it.I cant wait until you upload all of it. Any chances that you could upload chapter 7 too? :) .Its a shame that i have to watch it in japanese because they dont want to add this missions in our server :S

moomoopenguin
Nov 28, 2008, 03:59 AM
Yeah I can do 7 too ^^ Do you want the special substory on chapter 6? Because if not I'll just head straight to chapter 7 when I get online tomorrow ^^

Chibi_psu
Nov 28, 2008, 06:29 AM
Hmm do as you want.If you are not in the mood to make both just skip it and go to chapter 7

moomoopenguin
Nov 28, 2008, 02:00 PM
It's prob gonna take me a while with the substory, so I'll just get Chapter 7 non-substory out of the way ^^

moomoopenguin
Nov 28, 2008, 08:50 PM
Ok Chibi I've got Chapter 7 uploading right now to youtube. Now this one is the special one to get Liina's card So it's not going to be the normal one that most people will see. You might want to give it awhile. I made them a little longer this time, so it might take some time to get all of them uploaded >< So just check my youtube page and they be done in a bit ^^ I will get to the chapter 6 special ones in the next couple days. I'll message you when I get them uploaded for chapter 6 special substory ^^

Chibi_psu
Nov 29, 2008, 05:41 AM
Thanks moomoopenguin.Does liina join the episode and help?I didnt saw her.And about laia.Did they changed her card with her new look and weapons too?Or only works for the story mission?

moomoopenguin
Nov 29, 2008, 12:34 PM
Nah she didn't really help any. And I don't think her partner card changed any, but I'll have to look :)

Arika
Dec 3, 2008, 07:21 PM
No, Laia is better now as a NPC in story mission, but her card is still the same.

Chibi_psu
Dec 4, 2008, 03:24 AM
I still hope someday they will upgrade all the npcs with better weapons and ai lol.Yeah we can dream

Kumlekar
Dec 4, 2008, 12:45 PM
It would be nice if lina improved based on the number of story missions you complete. *keeps dreaming*

But I guess she cheats already (guntecher using a staff?) so we can't hope for too much.

Chibi_psu
Dec 9, 2008, 09:10 AM
moomoopenguin will you upload the new story mission you guys have this week? That would be great ;)

moomoopenguin
Dec 9, 2008, 02:47 PM
We're getting a new story mission? Huh what? Lol sure I will. I didn't even know we were getting one :-P

moomoopenguin
Dec 12, 2008, 02:02 AM
So does anyone know how to get the Vol brother card yet?

Chibi_psu
Dec 12, 2008, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the videos.God damnit the ending its too short.At least they could have added some more scenes in the colony or something like that :SSS

Akumamaru
Dec 21, 2008, 07:22 AM
awesome thanks i got ethans and karens partner cards ^^

Kylie
Dec 21, 2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the info. I got Karen's card yesterday, and it only took one try. It was worth it because I like Karen, but I doubt I can replay those boring story missions back to back like that for anyone else. Well, maybe Liina.

Genoa
Dec 23, 2008, 03:25 AM
Oh man, so this thread made my day...
Hahaha :lol:
... Anyways, I'm glad you finally got the card, I'll have to do this sometime myself.