PDA

View Full Version : So ah.. Ragnus.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 29, 2008, 06:55 AM
In the Gemaga Dungeon mission.
The one where you have to beat Ragnus in under 50 Seconds..
Anyone have any advice? >> (LV100 Human/Fighmaster LV10)
Anything would greatly be appreciated.

Dragwind
Nov 29, 2008, 12:14 PM
What class do you play, and what weapons+PAs do you have leveled?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 29, 2008, 02:38 PM
Ah. I'm a LV100 Human with my Fighmaster class at LV10. I have almost all of my PA's at 30, almost everything except Jabroga.. Well. Jabroga's the only PA that I can remember out of that.

But the ones I mainly use are:
-Anga Dugrega
-Assault Crush
-Rising Crush
-Dus Majarra
-Gravity Dance
-Spiral Dance
That's all I can think of for now. ^^;

Dragwind
Nov 29, 2008, 09:31 PM
If you can position yourself right, I'd try to launch a few jabrogas. If not, I'd use Spiral dance or Dus Majarra on the neck + head.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 29, 2008, 11:10 PM
If you can position yourself right, I'd try to launch a few jabrogas. If not, I'd use Spiral dance or Dus Majarra on the neck + head.

Ah, alright. Thanks. :)

tathecat563
Nov 29, 2008, 11:54 PM
Dus Majarra is probably your best bet as a Fighmaster. Make sure you use just attacks for the 2nd and 3rd part of Majarra (don't bother doing a normal attack to just attack the 1st part of majarra). I believed I did it a couple times with Majarra and a fully ground 11* tenora spear (element doesn't matter since it's Ragnus).

As a human Acromaster, it is easy to beat him in 30 seconds with a whip. Just use any decent whip with a Tenora Shadoog (preferably the 9* one) and Ragnus dies in less than 30 seconds. Each hit of the 2nd part of Vivi Grudda does 550 damage to 6 parts. I'll bet it's also easy to do with a Gunmaster and a grenade launcher. A human Fightmaster probably has more difficulty beating Ragnus in that time frame.

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2008, 10:02 AM
I'm working on the Grenade launcher aspect. I'm currently some character levels too low to get what I want out of it. I'm in that level 80 area, so I'm definitely a bit underpowered. I do have the good weapons for it. Just need the character levels.

tathecat563
Dec 2, 2008, 01:20 PM
I just leveled a female newman masterforce (2300 tp or so) to 90'ish and killed ragnus in 15 seconds. I'll bet you can kill it in about 12 seconds with the best gear you can get.

All you have to do is equip a fully ground 9* shadoog (the one that shoots 5 bullets in a fan shape), a wand with diga, hold L, and strafe backwards with the shadoog hitting his face. Each bullet from the shadoog does about 750 for a total of 750x5 damage per round (probably 4 since they do miss on occasion) and it fires at about the same rate as a shotgun. That's with a Har/Quick which is -100 tp, I will get Lumirus/Tech which adds 220 tp later. Then when Ragnus pauses to attack or something, just start smacking him in the face with Digas which do about 1500 each. Ragnus dies so fast that it's kind of funny. Also, this is with dizas and rentis at level 7 or so, with maxed dizas/rentis, I won't get knocked down by the breath attack and that should speed up the killing process as well.

Maggas Magahna, the giant robot afterwards takes more time since he moves a lot and is somewhat more bullet resistant. Still, he dies fast to an earth shadoog with diga spam.

Anyway, just throwing this out there. You can actually solo almost everything with only a shadoog, though some of the time crunch events might need a few digas (killing 2 svaltus in the 2000 kills event mission comes to mind). If I can ever make videos of PSP I will post them.